21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2015, 05:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     
Default Why is this site so broken

Like it says. The site is often completely inaccessible, or showing "service unavailable" or monstrously slow. This is happening for a lot of people, so no it's not just me or my computer or ISP. I do this stuff for a living so I know when things are broken.

Also recently when I get a like I click it and go to my profile page but likes are not showing up, it just says "zero likes received" and none of the past ones show up either?

Let me know how I can help get this site back to stability and fully functional.
Ron61 and DWRAT like this.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

BTW the likes thing is broken for everyone. Choose a member and look at their public profile, in the top right you will see a "likes received" link (assuming they have received some likes) click it, and it should show the likes at the bottom, but it shows nothing.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I haven't been able to open the All Cobra Talk Forum for two days. But others are getting it to work as I see new posts. I have tried two computers running two different OSs and 3 different browsers and I just get a Data Base Error. I can open the other Forums ok but it timers out more than half of the time. The last post that I got to load took almost 2 minutes.

This is what I get on all computers when I try to open the above Forum. Also went over to a friends house who has a completely different ISP and computer and managed to log on after 3 tries and got the same thing but just in this Forum. Maybe something in my account is corrupted.

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in [path]\includes\class_core.php on line 408
Database Error Database error
The Club Cobra database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.clubcobra.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.clubcobra.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery

Last edited by Ron61; 04-15-2015 at 02:47 AM..
Old 04-15-2015, 02:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Like I said, it's broken. And considering this site accepts money from users who contribute, I think it's pretty poor form that it is so unstable.
Ron61 likes this.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 1048
Not Ranked     

Can the administrator chime in and give is some technical reasons for the problems.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question

Well it has been 4 days now and I still can't access the All Cobra Talk Forum. I can access all the rest though with the normal problems, but at least I can get into hem once in a while. In the All Cobra Talk Forum I still just get that Data Base error. I sen a PM to one of the moderators a day or so ago asking him to check my account and see if it had something that was affecting just that Forum and got no reply at all.

Ron

Old 04-17-2015, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron, i have no problem accessing that portion of the site. You might try cleaning out your cookies and temporary files if you haven't done that.

I use a free program called ccleaner to clean out the junk and registry junk once a week. Just search "CCLEANER' in Google and start there if you haven't done anything like that.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I have did all of that and also used both computers running two different OSs and 3 different browsers. I also went over to a neighbors who is on a different ISP and tried his with the same result. And as this is the only Forum that I can't access it may be something that has gotten messed up in my account but what i can access of my settings looks ok. I have the same problems as everyone else with the other forums. Time outs, taking forever to load, doesn't show some things, and such but that is normal for the site. I am just wondering why as of 3/4 days ago I suddenly can only get that Data Base Error.

I also run CCLEANER and two other clean up programs, plus clear out my browsing history daily as I administer some other sites and have a lot of stuff that I don't need when the day is over. But thanks for the suggestions.

Ron

Old 04-19-2015, 05:42 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
I haven't been able to open the All Cobra Talk Forum for two days. But others are getting it to work as I see new posts. I have tried two computers running two different OSs and 3 different browsers and I just get a Data Base Error. I can open the other Forums ok but it timers out more than half of the time. The last post that I got to load took almost 2 minutes.

This is what I get on all computers when I try to open the above Forum. Also went over to a friends house who has a completely different ISP and computer and managed to log on after 3 tries and got the same thing but just in this Forum. Maybe something in my account is corrupted.

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in [path]\includes\class_core.php on line 408
Database Error Database error
The Club Cobra database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the Welcome to Club Cobra...The world's largest non-biased Cobra site! - Club Cobra home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The Welcome to Club Cobra...The world's largest non-biased Cobra site! - Club Cobra forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Ron
Ron,
I once again did all that and have been paying closer attention to any problems and site speed.

I haven't had any of the problems you have encountered,zero. Using iphone,ipad or macbook. using a celluar connection,sat internet connection or cable (at&t).

I don't know ?
Old 04-19-2015, 05:58 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena View Post

Also recently when I get a like I click it and go to my profile page but likes are not showing up, it just says "zero likes received" and none of the past ones show up either?
Could it be that folks are just kiddin' you about liking you ???
Old 04-19-2015, 07:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

It has to be something in my account that is stopping me from opening that Forum as I can get into all of the others but with the same problems that others are having. And I have no problems at all on any other site with either computer. And that friend of mine has a completely different OS than either of mine and he is on a different ISP and when I try his computer I get the exact same thing. I have checked all of my settings and can't find anything so I am just not going to mess with it any more.

Ron

Old 04-26-2015, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Patience please...some folks are evidently having issues and others aren't, so it's a little more difficult for the Admin to track it down.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thanks Jamo,

I know those type problems are a real pain to track down and that is why I haven't been reporting it, just telling others who post that I am encountering the same type thing and it seems that others have different problems.

Ron

Old 04-26-2015, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

This isn't new. It's been going on (perhaps to a lesser degree) for nearly two years now.

I believe the data base file is corrupted and that a database copy (not a file copy) is needed to fix things.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This is what I get when I try to access the All cobra Talk Forums and it has been this way for about a month now. "thread" table has got corrupted."

I can get into the rest of the forums with the normal time outs and various other problems at times.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
This isn't new. It's been going on (perhaps to a lesser degree) for nearly two years now.

I believe the data base file is corrupted and that a database copy (not a file copy) is needed to fix things.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:38 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Hey I think the problems I was seeing earlier are fixed now.

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2015, 06:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Same here. I was able to open the All Cobra Talk Forum a couple of days ago. And it seems that I haven't ran into any of the time outs the past few days either. Thanks for the good work.

Ron

Old 05-05-2015, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

Today was the first day in months that I could hit the new posts button and it wouldn't give me an error. And the first day in months that I could access the All Cobra Talk forum.

Ron you are not alone there are many of us that have had these issues. Hopefully it is fixed now.
Ron61 likes this.

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 05-10-2015, 05:32 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
Hey I think the problems I was seeing earlier are fixed now.

Thanks!
Well things seemed to work well again, until yesterday. Then hitting "New Posts" and "Portal" started giving mysql errors.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Yup...yet this morning it works...Brent's on it.