28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2016, 10:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Need a car hauled from Utah to Mass ENCLOSED.

Just bought a car in Utah. Does NOT run. (roller) . Need it in an enclosed trailer. Anyone know or have dealings with someone?

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 11-20-2016, 10:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

There are plenty of transporters on the internet that will be happy to haul it between major cities for around $3/mile with a extra charge for the fact that it is not running....

If you live in a small, remote area not adjacent to a interstate you will pay extra or have to make further arrangements.... They need to make a full load to make any money...

Last edited by Bartruff1; 11-20-2016 at 10:33 AM..
Old 11-20-2016, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
There are plenty of transporters on the internet that will be happy to haul it between major cities for around $3/mile with a extra charge for the fact that it is not running....

If you live in a small, remote area not adjacent to a interstate you will pay extra or have to make further arrangements.... They need to make a full load to make any money...
Really looking for a small company. Do not want to get into the network where 100 people are emailing you saying they are goin to pick up your car today. Went threw that an will not do it again. I do know its more for a non running car. If it was I'd go with Intercity. To me they were the best.

Thanks for your reply !!

Now ... The dogs car
Old 11-20-2016, 01:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I've used Intercity and Reliable both enclosed carriers for about $1/mile. Both had excellent service. Both use drivers that are car nuts (at least all of mine have been) and that own/drive their own rig [trailer is company owned].
Old 11-20-2016, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MidStates, 351C, 4spd, 9"
Send a message via AIM to krausewich
Not Ranked     

I used Stewart transportation to move a body assy. on a dolly setup. The driver was cool and helpful, the price wasn't bad, but the body did get a little damaged in transit which they made no effort to compensate for. Driver was forthright which I respect, but Jolene denied any accountability. Mixed review...

Stay away from Beverly Transport (Bob Beverly) if he is still even out there lurking!!!

Good luck,
Mike.

M. Krause
Old 11-20-2016, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
I've used Intercity and Reliable both enclosed carriers for about $1/mile. Both had excellent service. Both use drivers that are car nuts (at least all of mine have been) and that own/drive their own rig [trailer is company owned].
I used Intercity before for my Cobra... They are fantastic to deal with. I don't know if the get involved with non running cars. Ill give em a call tomorrow.

thanks for the input guys !

Now ... The dogs car
Old 11-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowan Replicars, 352 4V
Not Ranked     

I hope this helps, it’s a bit wordy but there is allot to understand about how these shippers work.

Shipped a car in similar condition last year, it was quite an experience. You are going to pay a premium for a non-runner due to the need of an enclosed trailer and the need of a flatbed truck at both ends (around $150.00 to unload\load) to get the car on and off trailer.

Don't get any quotes till you get a hauler\broker based on references and you can trust, most jobs are received by brokers who then bid them out. Some brokers will give you a really low quote then the job is put out to bid, as haulers pick up the bid you then get calls saying that it will cost allot more than the original quote. Once this happens, you are screwed because all shippers will see your request with price and know you are desperate, you will then end up paying more than the going rate. As previously stated, $2 to $3 per mile is the typical rate anything less probably won’t happen, you want to get the right price so a hauler picks it you and your job is not rejected based on price.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by pormgb View Post

Don't get any quotes till you get a hauler\broker based on references and you can trust, most jobs are received by brokers who then bid them out. Some brokers will give you a really low quote then the job is put out to bid, as haulers pick up the bid you then get calls saying that it will cost allot more than the original quote. Once this happens, you are screwed because all shippers will see your request with price and know you are desperate, you will then end up paying more than the going rate.

Will NOT deal with brokers period. Had that happen once (first time shipping a car to Australia ) . Guys calling all day sayin they are goin to pick the car up that day! "Is this an enclosed trailer" ?? Ohhh NO.. Click. Ya smartin up very quick !! This car has to get here with no damage. Intercity spoils you.

Now ... The dogs car
Old 11-21-2016, 08:33 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowan Replicars, 352 4V
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue66 View Post
Will NOT deal with brokers period. Had that happen once (first time shipping a car to Australia ) . Guys calling all day sayin they are goin to pick the car up that day! "Is this an enclosed trailer" ?? Ohhh NO.. Click. Ya smartin up very quick !! This car has to get here with no damage. Intercity spoils you.
Yea, I fully agree, you may think you are calling a hauler but you are actually talking to a broker. The haulers try to bid and pick up jobs on route to the furthest delivery, I waited over three weeks to get my car when it was supposed to take 7 days, when it arrived it was at the back of the trailer so the flat bed driver has to wait over an hour while the driver removed all the other card in front.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I've used Joseph Johns from Cobalt many times and each time exceeded my expectations. Joseph IS a broker, but he works his ass off for you and you don't have to deal with anybody soliciting you - ever. He also will get your car picked up and delivered QUICKLY. Tell him Troy Kruger sent you (I don't get any money, but as a business man myself I like to know who recommends my services). Joseph's number is: 913-232-2142
Old 11-21-2016, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance , Roush 427SR dyno'd at 526 hp
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue66 View Post
I used Intercity before for my Cobra... They are fantastic to deal with. I don't know if the get involved with non running cars. Ill give em a call tomorrow.

thanks for the input guys !
I have shipped many cars with Intercity and they were always fantastic. I never had any issues and the buyers on the other end were equally pleased. When my wife moved to California to join me she shopped price to deliver her car; what a disaster. It proves the adage that you get what you pay for.
Interstate for sure.👍