14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 04:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SO with big twin autolite inlines on custom intake, jag rear, top loader, wembeldon white, guardsmen blue stripes
Not Ranked     
Default NO! amnesty

I wrote my congressmen and representatives on this BS 'deal' which amounts to nothing more than 'amnesty'. I told them I wanted the border secured first and all undocumented identified and registered. I know this has been beat to death but the majority of 'right' thinking Americans never thought their law makers would go against the majority. If you are in the majority, I urge you to voice your opposition to this BS and tell them to go back to the table.

Remember!, there's a huge difference between a 'parts' changer, and a mechanic.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

The operative word here is ILLEGAL, as in illegal alien. Why don't we just award amnesty to every prisoner in America? It doesn't make any sense to reward someone for breaking the rules. They only learn to keep breaking them.

I believe if we want to send the illegals out of the country. We need to severly punish those that hire them. When there are no more jobs they will leave on their own will.

I owned a business in a large Mexican community. I got to know their ways very well. They drain every resource we have. Even though they work they recieve aid. They laugh at us for being so generous, and stupid. Then they talk about how WONDERFUL Mexico is. If it is so damned WONDERFUL, why are they here? The money is why, so we need to dry up the money.

I am all for immigration, but legal immigration. If an American acted the same way in Mexico. Do you know how long, and torturous it would be before you saw daylight if at all?

On the other hand there are the hardworking, and proud to be here people too. These are usually the legal people, and they are sometimes offended by those who are illegal. They took the long road to be established here. Like a line waiting for a movie. You hate to see people cut in front of you after you waited so long.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Stop paying the illegas any more than they would make in their own country. That would most likely stop some of them.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-26-2007, 03:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SO with big twin autolite inlines on custom intake, jag rear, top loader, wembeldon white, guardsmen blue stripes
Not Ranked     

I was surprise when many news channels mentioned the uproar our law makers were receiving from the public, I just hope it continues and gets stronger..

Old 05-26-2007, 05:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We need to really get tough instead of granting illegals amnesty.

1) Fine businesses that knowingly hire illegals $250k for each illegal found working for them.
2) Revoke the citizenship of previous immigrants that harbor them.
3) Revoke visas of immigrants that harbor illegals.
4) Cut off ALL federal funding to cities that grant amnesty to illegals.

If these actions are taken, we won't have to worry about catching and deporting them. They will leave on their own and go back to their own country and fix the mess there.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

You people couldn't possibly know what's best for you, your children and your country.... Just leave it up to the politicians and they'll straighten it out...
You poor ignorant little citizens...Just pay your taxes and shut up... Immigration is a subject that is foreign to you.... (nice little pun, eh!)

at least that's the impression I'm getting from congress????

Citizenship is for sale for $5,000. and who's gonna make em' pay...

I'm going to change my name and apply for citizenship... I'll get a new social security # and file for retirement... This will be one the best investments I could have made in my lifetime.. 5K for another social security check... Money well spent...

Last edited by casaleenie; 05-26-2007 at 06:11 AM..
Old 05-26-2007, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This may very well be the best opportunity we have to 'tell' our law makers
what we want. Not have them tell us what were getting.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I really believe this is the only time we will have to make it know to all levels of our so called law makers just what the public thinks before it gets to the point that the public no longer has a voice in our Govt. I have sent many e-mails to our state and Federal representatives and so far only gotten a few of the normal computer generated replies thanking me for my concern. Maybe if we could organize a date that everyone would send in their concerns and dislike of the way things are going we could overload their system until they had to look to see what is going on. This is a direct statement from our Mayor at the city council meeting when a bunch voted down having his street paved because many others are worse. " I don't care what you people vote, I am the mayor and the city council will deem what is best for the city." When asked how having the street he lives on paved was best for the city he had a deputy remove that person from the meeting and said that any other outbursts would be treated the same. Otherwise, do not question anything we do as we control the police force and will do whatever we want.

Ron

Old 05-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe we can send it all to one state at a time. Instead of our individual states. That way they can see it is across the country, and not a local issue.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to BO DUTCH
Not Ranked     

It sure would be more efficient and more cost effective to put a $1000.00 bounty on each and every illegal alien. Dead or Alive !! Most of the illegals would make a bee line for the border, never to return again. The illegals who don't flee become employment oppertunities for Bounty Hunters.

Ya think that in 60 days, 5 million illegals will be gone ?
Better get outta the way or you'll get run over by the mass exidous !!
------------------------------------------
Old 05-27-2007, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

All I know is when enough people get involved, things happen.
I'll jump on board any organized, civil opposition to this bill.
Boy!, it would sure be something to see our law makers bow to the demands of the public.....

Old 05-28-2007, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch building frame,FFR Mkll body ,302w, and T5 trans, 3.0 rear.
Not Ranked     

Just my .02 worth, if all the illegals were gone then the welfare rats might have no excuse for not having jobs which would lower our taxes, BUT I'm only one who feels this way right........................
1963 Mercury Monterey 460+ .060 .//Cobra clone, Scratch build frame /302/ T-5 WC / 3.00-9in/FFR mkll body (Broken but repairable) /91 Lincoln Wire Wheels // : N.S.M.C Charter/Life Member// Die Hard Blue Oval Nut

The finish is better than the beginning. Ecc7:8
Old 05-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

63mercury - not quite - trouble is, most of the welfare recipients are way
too comfortable with their handouts to actually have to work for a living.
They have been well trained by our helpful government that knows what is
best for us.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just part of what I picked up on one of the news channels............

Republicans are getting an earful on immigration. "I have learned some new words from some of my constituents," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said.

The angry response comes as a shock. "The level of intensity and volume is, I think, surprising,'' CNN contributor and radio talk show host Bill Bennett said. "We've talked to a number of Republican senators, and they confessed to being surprised by the reaction."

No $hit

Old 05-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe if the handout checks were cancelled. The people recieving them would actually work like the rest of us.

Another thought is minimum security prisoners working at paying jobs? Let their pay go towards their keep, child support, and other misc. debts they have.

I don't mind helping those who run upon hard times, but making a living at it has got to stop. Especially those handed down from generation to generation.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The immigration bill is dead! and the major news works didn't report the truth....The folks were responsible for stopping that mess!. I don't know the numbers but I imagine the millions of letters, emails and phone calls woke up our law makers to come up with a more restrictive, no amnesty, comprehensive immigration bill. I have no problem with, and understand the U.S. needs these people to come here and work, but First!!!. The border must be secured then give us a bill we can live with that will not be compromised at a later date. And I mean NO! compromises ever.

Perry

Old 06-08-2007, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 90% of a 428 friggin SCJ Engine!
Not Ranked     

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00204

Look at the vote record. Notice that McCain did NOT vote.

Yippe Chi Yay...

Mike
Old 06-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I was watching the news this morning and they said no one in Washington can understand how this bill could be rerfused. Maybe they should go out and talk to the working and common people once in a while and find out what is going on in this country. They would seem to have no clue.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 06-08-2007 at 07:58 AM..
Old 06-08-2007, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 90% of a 428 friggin SCJ Engine!
Not Ranked     

Before somebody (prolly from the Northeast) corrects me, the vote was for cloture... not the bill itself. So, disregard my McCain comment (for now).

Mike
Old 06-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Gee, Mike - thanks for your faith in my ability to read! Well, unless you were talking about some other Damn Yankee clinchpoop.

It would be very interesting to see if McCain actually abstains on a bill he co-sponsored. I suspect that he will get blasted on the campaign trail if this passes with any sort of amnesty provision (and a lot of other provisions)intact.

Like Ron said - they seem to have no clue.

Steve