Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2007, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     
Default Coming to a school near you.......

Public Middle School parents angered over field trip to Islamic & Hindu places of worship
Submitted by admin on Thu, 2007-06-07 11:08. U.S. News

“It is not to promote religious understanding, it is to promote an agenda,” stated one parent to the Northeast Intelligence Network.

Douglas J. Hagmann, Director

7 June 2007: The Williamsville, NY Public School District has angered a number of parents of Mill Middle School students and stirred controversy by scheduling a field trip to a local Mosque and Islamic Center as well as a Hindu Temple. A letter obtained Tuesday by talk radio host Tom Bauerle of the Tom Bauerle Show on WBEN AM 930 (below) was sent home with the permission slips to be signed by the students’ parents on Monday, granting the students permission to attend Wednesday’s excursion to the Muslim mosque and Islamic Center and Hindu religious institutions to provide the students “a broader understanding of these religious beliefs and worship practices.”

Some parents, however, are suggesting duplicity by the school district with regard to religious exposure and are taking issue with making the students adhere to a Muslim fundamentalist dress code while visiting the mosque. Parents speaking to WBEN note that the strongly secular Williamsville School District included no plans to visit a Catholic church or Jewish Synagogue. Also, non-Muslim students were required to adhere to the strict Islamic dress code – shorts are not permitted to be worn and all female students had to bring and wear an appropriate head covering to the mosque. “It would be akin to "a Muslim student having to wear a cross to visit a church," stated one parent to WBEN.

Finish your assignment: http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/wben060807
Old 06-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

I wonder if the planned on presenting a scenario like this during the visit?

Allah or Jesus? By Rick Mathes
Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance.
During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs.
The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam complete with a video. After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.
When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked:
"Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world. And, that by killing an infidel, which is a command to all Muslims, they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?"
There was no disagreement with my statements and without hesitation, he replied,"Non-believers!"
I responded, "So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can go to Heaven. Is that correct?"
The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
He sheepishly replied, "Yes."
I then stated, "Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering Protestants to do the same in order to go to Heaven!"
The Imam was speechless.
I continued, "I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me. Let me ask you a question. Would you rather have your Allah who tells you to kill me in order to go to Heaven or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to Heaven and He wants you to be with me?"
You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head.
Somehow I doubt it.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

I live near Williamsville and in fact, did reside in Williamsville for some years, both my sons attended the Williamsville School system for a few years. Williamsville is consistantly rated as one of the best systems in Western New York http://www.speakupwny.com/article_1117.shtml. There is more to this than published: the trip was arranged back in April but the permission slips were only sent a DAY before the trip , perhaps to "minimize" the flak? And I did hear much of the WBEN show about this matter.

However, Mr. Hagmanns view is somewhat suspect as he does not reside in the area and he is a frequent guest on the "Tom Bauerle Show" on WBEN. Mr. Bauerle LOVES to do the "Islamofacist" theme on his show and Mr Hagmann is all too glad to help. Mr. Hagmann and Mr. Bauerle made little reference to the Hindu Cultural Center visit.

Some of the parents protested that the field trip was oriented not towards the "cultural" aspects of the religions, but rather as a "demonstration" of the religion. And, yes, all bases should be covered.....the Williamsville area is home to many of the multi-cultural professors at University at Buffalo an therefor there is a large percentage of non-Judao/Christian children in the school system. That they are are not taught about that "culture" is wrong and unfair.

This is not the huge national security issue Mr. Hagmann makes it out to be , it is a poor decision/execution by a middle school.

Rick

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 06-09-2007, 06:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

Point is that it's happening all over the country. The same people that go apoplectic over a bible or 't' shirt with religious theme now want everyone to be "demonstrated" to.

If it was not oriented towards "cultural" aspects then why were the students made to conform to the "cultural" dress code? Read to from the Koran.

Can you just imagine if this took place at a church? The ACLU would be screaming, teachers union screaming, head would roll.

Take this as a warning.....it's spreading throughout the country.

Roscoe