28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur Cobra, Kenne Bell supercharged 302
Not Ranked     
Default Lookout!! Your D.o.t. Up To No Good, Read On....

HOT RODDERS NEED TO READ: YOUR D.O.T. UP TO NO GOOD

No matter where you live, your rights to own and customize a car is in serious jeopardy. Since I live in PA i will use that state to explain what’s going on, but make NO mistake, it will happen in your state too. In January 2007 PENNDOT implemented a new “ENHANCED VEHICLE INSPECTION PROGRAM” known as EVIP. This program was enacted and developed without any public exposure, debate, input, or knowledge, just like the insidious midnight pay raise that they tried to foist upon us. PLEASE read about what is going on, or you will soon be paying huge amounts in fines, and new procedures.

Basically, PENNDOT began to develop a program to regulate and identify problem cars, like reconstruction's, flood damaged vehicles, etc. Unfortunately, as with everything the state decides to stick it’s nose into, it went awry, and some brilliant idiot decided to include any and all cars that are not 100% stock.

Here’s how it goes, once the plan gets fully implemented, there will be a network of special inspection stations across the state, and you will have to take your custom, collector, hotrod, streetrod, etc. (Or ANY vehicle tagged by a State Trooper as not being 100% stock) to one of these stations for inspection. Inspections may range in price from $100.00 up to $500.00, but that is still unknown. IF your car passes inspection, you will be issued (and have to pay for) a new title, and the specifics of your vehicle will be entered into the data base.

Now here’s where the fun comes in. A state trooper my pull you over at any time, even if you are legally licensed, inspected, etc., and doing absolutely nothing wrong. He will then print out a list of specifics from the data base and compare them to your vehicle. If ANYTHING has changed on your vehicle, he will fine you, declare that your title is invalid, and force you to go through the expensive inspection and retitling process all over again, and you will not be able to use your car until you comply. Listen to what I said. ANY CHANGE IN YOUR VEHICLE can result in a fine and costly reinspection and retitling. So that means that if you change the size of your tires, put on different wheels, add air shocks, add a lift kit, add ground effects, ANYTHING, you are in trouble.

This will affect EVERY SINGLE CAR OWNER AND DRIVER IN THE STATE OF PA (and nationwide eventually), NEW CARS AND OLD. If you buy a brand new truck and put bigger tires on it, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE NEW LAWS. If you buy a tuner and put ground effects on it, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE NEW LAWS. If you buy a motorcycle (yes, even bikers can’t escape it either) and put custom pipes on it, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE NEW LAWS. If you replace the engine in your car with another size engine, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE NEW LAWS. If you repaint your car, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE NEW LAWS. If your car develops rust, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE NEW LAWS. If you put headers on your car, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE NEW LAWS. If you change the exhaust on your car, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE NEW LAWS. If you change the air induction system on your car, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE NEW LAWS. I repeat, anything that deviates from 100% stock, or changes to your vehicle in any way from the last time it was titled, IS IN VIOLATION OF THE NEW LAWS.

This is a savage, and brutal attack on the drivers of PA (and eventually everywhere), and especially the car enthusiasts in this, and other, states.

What can you do?? If you are concerned (you should be FURIOUS!), there are things you can do. Groups are starting to form, but we need all of the help and support we can get from all of you. This is a battle that will depend on grassroots support. No one will fight for us or help us, unless we show that we will not take this sort of thing lying down. Car and Motorcycle clubs are starting to rally, petitions are starting to be passed around. People are starting to complain to their elected officials. I urge every driver across this nation to sign one of the petitions, and join one of the groups. Volunteer a little of your time and service, or it will ultimately cost you much more. Call, E-mail or write your state’s senators and representatives and tell them you want this STOPPED. The people that are implementing this insidious program are appointed, but the politicians are elected, so tell them straight out that you are SOOO MAD, if they do nothing about this, you will not vote for them in the next election.

There has been almost NO information about these new laws let out to the public. This state is slimily trying to get inspection stations to sign a contract to become one of these ENHANCED INSPECTION STATIONS, so if you or someone you know owns an inspection station, tell them (if it’s not too late for them) to refuse to join up. If they read the fine print of the contract, THEY WILL AGREE TO ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ANY CURRENT AND FUTURE PROBLEMS TO, OR CAUSED BY ANY VEHICLE THEY INSPECT.

A friend of mine, and longtime car enthusiast, Bob Pisaneschi is locally spearheading the fight against the new laws. He has already been in contact with PA State Rep Dan Surra, who was totally unaware of the extent of PENNDOT’S plans. Mr. Surra, a car enthusiast himself, was quick to promote the creation of a MOTORSPORTS CAUCUS in the state’s legislature, to protect the rights of car enthusiasts in the state of PA. Every driver across this country needs to contact their State Rep.(hopefully they’re car lovers too) and give them your support, Mr. Surra’s (PA REP) phone number is 814 375 4688, let’s give him our support, and tell him that we don’t agree with the new ENHANCED VEHICLE INSPECTION PROGRAM, and it’s impact on drivers, car owners, and car enthusiasts in the state of PA. Every driver should also contact his or her own State Reps and Senators, and voice these same concerns to them. If anyone in PA would like Mr. Pisaneschi to talk to your group or car club, to learn the true extent and potential impact of these new laws, and to see how you can help, PM me, and I will put you in touch with him.

Please, I urge every driver and car owner in PA (and all across the country), and especially those of us who own custom, collector, streetrod, hotrod, or any other type of special vehicle, to get involved in the fight now, and not let this country pull these Gestapo-like tactics on the law abiding drivers and enthusiasts of the USA. If you don’t do it, no one else will and you will have no one else to blame, but yourself, when collector and special interest vehicles become a thing of the past. This is truly a sad day in the history of this great nation, when a decent, law abiding interest and hobby like ours is targeted for destruction by a few self-serving, misinformed, beurocratic bozos like the ones who developed these new policies.

Originally printed as an e-mail to lotsa people by Profcouch@aol.com on Sun., May 6 2007. I changed it around very little only to include the whole 50 states and motorcycles in this paper. So any questions concerning this should go directly to Profcouch@aol.com

Now here’s something I found in a streetrodding mag I regularly read. I will type it verbatim and if you wanna you may go to this web site and learn more. I urge everyone in an auto related organization to join. OK here’s what it says:

SEMA ACTION NETWORK
FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES
Because it doesn’t get a lot of coverage on the nightly news, you’d be surprised at the number of car guys (and gals) in Washington, D.C. and state capitals around the country working on behalf of hobbyists like yourself. These are senators, congressional, and legislators who, as enthusiasts, are interested in protecting and expanding our hobby. It means that we have friends in high places on Capitol Hill and in your state capitols.

In Washington, D.C. nearly 100 US senators and Representatives have joined the Congressional Automotive Performance and Motorsports Caucus, which was formed to recognize the contributions this industry and lifestyle have made to the US economy. Additionally, some 120 legislators belong to the State Automotive Enthusiast Leadership Caucus, a bipartisan group of state lawmakers whose common ground is a love and appreciation for automobiles. These Caucus members have created new programs and amended existing laws - on issues ranging from registration classifications to emissions test exemptions - in an effort to keep our hobby thriving in all 50 states.

Now, here’s where you come in: Join the SEMA Action Network and help show your support for these hobby-friendly lawmakers.
By joining the SAN you will also receive timely notices regarding hobby-oriented legislation. Armed with this information, you can lobby your local and federal representatives - some of whom may be Caucus members - to fight for our rights. If your state or federal legislators not a member, we encourage you to pass this information along to them.

For more information on current legislation, as well as a complete list of Caucus members, visit the SAN Website at www.semasan.com

Last edited by supercharged302; 06-18-2007 at 04:09 PM..
Old 06-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

It sounds like this law (if it spreads nation wide) would basically bankrupt most businesses that produce, distribute, sell, and maintain any sort of automotive aftermarket products. It is the old story of politicians using a shotgun to kill a fly.

Wayne
Old 06-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It would also seem to do away with the need for a reason to stop a vehicle. Of course they have ignored that for years anyway claiming they thought you have a low tire & etc. This just eliminates them having to lie.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 06-19-2007, 08:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just imagine what it's gonna do to the value of our cars!! I'm serious people, this IS going to happen and it's not fair, right, or good but unless "we the people" (<---Like that??) take back our freedoms, these idiot politicians will have us all under their thumbs for sure!! Look up on Google or Yahoo or whatever search engine you use this 'Enhanced Vehicle Inspection Program'. Each state of course has their own name for the process. Please don't believe what I said, look it up for yourselves!!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#499 351W with Webers
Not Ranked     

This sounds similar to the TUV in Germany. There you are issued a title book and if you wish to change anything that did not come stock on the vehicle, you must first obtain approval, then have it re-inspected and added to your title book. Inspections can range in the thousands of dollars. Of course not everything you may want to do to your vehicle will be approved. In fact many performance enhancements are not allowed, from tire and wheel size changes to performance exhaust! There is also a section in the book that lists the maximum Db allowed for your particular vehicle. I have seen Germany Harley riders have their motorcycles impounded right on the Autobahn for loud exhaust!

Gun Doc
Old 06-19-2007, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's funny that you mentioned the TUV in Germany because (you're REALLY gonna hate this) guess who, after 2009, is in charge of our vehicle laws?? GERMANY!!! No kidding, I can't tell you what website to visit (because I don't remember) but it's true! After we joined the WTO a few years ago we agreed to it's mandates. Well, not us personally, but 'the powers that be' enlisted this country on this terrible road and funny thing is no-one really knows what's going on. We're all just supposed to keep trudging through life and not pay attention to what our wonderful government is doing to....er FOR us. That's what they, the government, wants - a bunch of sheeple. You know, if you listen to the Mayan calendar, the whole world is coming to an end on 12/21 in 2012 so I say HAVE FUN PEOPLE, in 5 years we're all gonna blow up in some cosmic hoopty-doo!