21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 07:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Chertoff : Another Bush leadership graduate!!

You CAN'T make this stuff up!!!

M. Chertoff , head of HLS, goes ON RECORD ,by saying that he "has a GUT feeling " that Al-Qaed will attack the USA in the summer months,BECAUSE ...he "thinks AL-Qaed , "likes the summertime!"
Excuse me BUT, isn't SEPT. 11 in the FALL!!!??? I guess they won't consider the MILLIONS of people in Times Sq. on New Year's , because it's WINTER!!!

THAT's why we pay him the BIG bucks!!

NO SPECIFICS...NO INTEL ABOUT WHY....NO OTHER REASON THAN A"GUT FEELING"
Now THAT'S what I call LEADERSHIP!!!

Just like other BUSH appointments...RUMMY, Aberto Gonz., Brownie ( heck of a job) now Chertoff......The man knows LEADERSHIP!!!

I have a GUT FEELING that Al-Qaed will try to hit us SOMEDAY!

I have a GUT FEELING that the sun will rise TOMORROW!

I have a GUT FEELING that I'll be skiing in VT in Jan. , because I like the WINTER....rather than SUMMER!!!

God ! Can this administration get ANYBODY with an oz of Leadership skills???

I feel much safer now that Chertoff is homeland sec. head.

Stay the course! Mission acomplished....No....Surge....No ....PUNT!

God help us!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2097 -289FIA . 351W. PSE Torq Thrust 17" Ds. All Black.
Not Ranked     

There seems to be more incompetence in Washington these days than normal. One clue, however, when DHS spokeman yesterday was explaining why the top positions at DHS were vacant, he slipped a bit and said, we (the Federal Govt.) simply can not compete with private industry for the truly qualified personnel (so they take the cast-offs, aka "dead wood").
Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     

Lord, ain't it the truth. I can hardly believe the crap coming out of the DC. I was a huge Bush supporter, but I have come to believe the guy is an idiot. I support the "war" on terror, but at nearly 600 Billion spent on Iraq with no end in sight and constant "stupid speak" coming from the administration, I have "shipped my Republican oar" and am looking for a new direction. So far I don't see much out there, but I don't think any one of these people running for the office could do worse.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2089
Not Ranked     

I am sure it never crossed any body's mind that this guy may have more info than you. That info could well be classified(DUH). Perhaps you should read between the lines. Or go to Brittan for your bus rides and hospital care.

Edit came across this after I posted the above.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...house-fbi.html

Last edited by dblbarrel; 07-11-2007 at 08:44 PM..
Old 07-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblbarrel
I am sure it never crossed any body's mind that this guy may have more info than you. That info could well be classified(DUH). Perhaps you should read between the lines. Or go to Brittan for your bus rides and hospital care.

Edit came across this after I posted the above.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...house-fbi.html
So I guess that rules out 'fight them there so we don't have to fight them here' then doesn't it.

Steve
Old 07-12-2007, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

..."this guy might have more info than you."

I'm sure he does. God I HOPE he does!!

BUT....what happened to the color warning system. You know the one that they elevated to high DURING THE DEMS CONVENTION!!????

Exactly what color is " GUT FEELING "????
This is the talk we get from what is susposed to be a PROFESSIONAL!!

Who's to say his "GUT FEELING " might have been gas from his Taco Bell lunch!!!!!!!!

SO are we to "read between the lines" and guess about his remarks or is it unrealistic to expect straight talk from the HEAD of a dept. ????

I remember a line from the 9-11 report. CONDI was asked about the Pres. Daily brief ..." Osama B L DETERMINED to use AIRPLANES to attack the US."
Gee...Do you think ,at the very least, a memo would be in order to ALL airports in the US , putting them on alert??? Maybe someone would have noticed something . Just maybe.
But I guess we were to read between the lines !

What is Chertoff's job then????
Face it . It was a STUPID statement coming from the HEAD of a major dept.

One of MANY from this bumbling administration. With 18 months to go yet!!

Stay the course...No...Mission accomplised...NO....Surge....No...HUH?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#499 351W with Webers
Not Ranked     

Actually September 11th is in the summer…Fall does not begin until September 23rd! You do own a calendar, don't you?

Like others have already pointed out; most intelligence agencies don't make a habit of telling our adversaries the nature of our information.

Gun Doc
Old 07-12-2007, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello Gun Doc.

I do have a calandar. But I guess you didn't know that Meteorolgical FALL STARTS SEPT. 1. I have a GUT FEELING that I'm right about that. Moot point.

I would hope Intel agencies don't make a habit of spilling info. But I still say it was a STUPID remark made by the HEAD of DHS. Now he's on every news show trying to explain it. After the fact.
We all know that there are groups that want to hit us again. Telling us to keep our eyes open & report strange events ,would have been better than saying ...."I have a GUT feeling!" STUPID! just STUPID!
But hey it's HARD work, that means he's working HARD! (Sigh)

Chertoff would serve the US better by checking out WHY a "sting" operation the US govt. bought hundreds of devices that have radio active contents, used by contractors , to see if anyone from DHS would catch them. Nobody caught them. They bought hundreds of the devices (used in dirty bombs) with a FAKE company name. NOBODY went to see if the company even existed!!! The address was a one room office with NOBODY there! The sting was conducted by the US govt. to test ,if someone could get radio active particles ,to build a dirty bomb. DHS made a phone call & sent them a form to sign and OK'ed the deal! AMAZING in this day & age.

Our country deserves better!

Last edited by 0-100-0; 07-12-2007 at 08:28 AM..
Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2097 -289FIA . 351W. PSE Torq Thrust 17" Ds. All Black.
Not Ranked     

Bish, the correct estimate of the cost in Iraq is much closer to $2 trillion than $600 million. I saw this first hand on a flight to Denver last month. The rear of the plane had about 2 dozen (Army?) 20 year old troops missing feet or legs (must be a rehab facility in San Antonio?). The military has (intentionally) an accounting system which ignores all expenses except those paid for in the current budget; so long term costs are $0 (examples include nearly worn out equipment, resupply of spent ammo, and the medical costs of those injured but not yet "on the books" (2007 thru say 2070).
Old 07-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     

It boggles my mind. $2trillion!!!! All these busted up kids. For what? How can this bone head "W" and the other brain dead @'s justify this mess. I really can't see why we are "staying the course". We can't win and the medievel mentality of the Iraqis is never going to come around to the western way of thinking. At this point it can no longer just be about oil and if it is to fight terrorism, well we are sure showing them....not.

Sadaam is gone, but look at what has happend to the Iraqi people, So many are exiled and who knows how many are dead. I may well be a civil war, but our presence can't be helping.

I would never think I could support Pelosi and that bunch, but on this score I'm with them.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Read the front page story on the Washington Post.

Bob Woodward reports that the head of CIA told old 'W" a YEAR ago that the Iraqi govt. won't work. They can't meet ANY deadlines ,they have the wrong people in charge. It's a total MESS! ....A YEAR AGO!!

Stay the course...No..Mission accomplished..., NO...surge! ....HUH???

....26percent????
Old 07-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I really don't mind the Staying The Course line if they just had some clear cut course to stay. Maybe it is just me, and I supported GW, but it seems to me they are getting more and more messed up every day. And what happened to the oil in Iraq paying for this war? I certainly am not intelligent enough to know the answer, but I don't feel we are accomplishing much with the present course.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 07-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100-0
Read the front page story on the Washington Post.

Bob Woodward reports that the head of CIA told old 'W" a YEAR ago that the Iraqi govt. won't work. They can't meet ANY deadlines ,they have the wrong people in charge. It's a total MESS! ....A YEAR AGO!!

Stay the course...No..Mission accomplished..., NO...surge! ....HUH???

....26percent????
Oh, well he!!...if that self-promoting POS says it...it must be true.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kay Hutchison (Sen. Texas) has the solution....those Senators supporting the war only need to sponsor legislation whereby they provide their State's National Guard troops to replace the troops from those Senators wanting to withdraw their State's troops. That way everyone will get what they want and be happy, e.g. Texas, Iowa, South Carolina and Arizona National Guard (and a few other States) would replace National Guard troops from all the other States. That might pass even in today's Congress.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2089
Not Ranked     

Are you guys all French, or just want to be.
When the next attack comes. will you be calling for retreat?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Speaking of the French....some may recall the "cajon" General in charge of the LA National Guard, just after Katrina. In the first few hours, he was interviewed about why the LA Guard had not gone into the more heavily damaged areas around NO yet. His reply was that they were waiting for the necessary heavy equipment to arrive (from other States) because they had had to leave all their's in Iraq when their tour ended. Attacks come in various forms including mother nature ...not all French (or their heirs) are cowards....some have a good reason (such as no equipment or WMDs) for just watching...

Last edited by TampaFla; 07-13-2007 at 07:13 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello Mr. Jamo!

Question.

If that "POS" Woodward, printed a front page story in a major newspaper, naming YOU ,as the person that told the president that the Iraqi govt wouldn't work , my GUT FEELING is that YOU would sue the hell out of him, the newspaper and anyone else involved...if YOU DIDN'T SAY IT!!!!

I didn't hear the head of the CIA clain he didn't say it. For that matter, he didn't even say that Woodward got it wrong.

Gee, I wonder why????

Dick Cheney ....before he dicks you! (Scooter's bumper sticker)
Old 07-13-2007, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I could be wrong about this (and sure to be corrected, if so)....didn't the "Freedom Fry" Congressman (introduced legislation to have the cafeteria on Capitol Hill rename the fries), originate when the French refused to believe the hype about WMDs. I understand they've gone back to French Fries (on the menu) but what was the Congressman's name, anyone recall?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yeah Tampa - there were two of them. Bob Ney was one of them - is he in jail yet? And the other was a guy from one of the Carolinas who has since changed his mind. I remember reading something a couple of months or so ago about a vote he cast that would bring the troops home.

Steve
Old 07-13-2007, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks VRM, Ney is a fine example of leadership in his own right, he led himself right into the pockets of the taxpayers and profited greatly from it, but I think he's not in jail yet. The other, Walter Jones is decidedly pro-French after rethinking his anti-French position, now he's staunchly anti-Bush but that could change.