Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default UGH... I'm back in the desert! :(

Well, I just made it back to Kuwait. I should be all the way back to my home away from home by wednesday. Boy was it hard to say goodbye!!! It's never been so hard ever!!!!! If we weren't closing on our new house in a couple weeks, it would have been even harder, maybe even impossible! It's amazing the effects that 6 months away from home have on your mental capacity! My daughter was just over 1 when I left... now she's almost 2, she's getting her own personality! It's great! ahhhh.... 187 days!

Once I get all the way back, I'll post some pics of the house and the stroker kit my lovely wife bought me for christmas! She said yes to the proposal BTW. Like I had any doubts! haha
Old 11-25-2007, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Roadster, 418W
Not Ranked     

fsstnotch -those goodbyes never get easy. The repeated deployments in place have to be more difficult than my one time get-away to lovely southeast asia back in 1968. Hang tough and be safe. You'll be back home sweating the "small stuff" soon enough.

It is now 186 and a wake-up. See how fast it goes?

Head down and ears up!

Terry
Old 11-26-2007, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Keep your eye on the goal man, be carefull dude. Are you going to have fun when you get back it will be great .Your in our thoughts .Keep up the great work...WB3
Old 11-26-2007, 04:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fsstnotch,

As Terry said, the good byes never get easier. Good luck to you and your family and may God watch over all of you. I think my hardest time leaving and thank God it was only once, was when they shipped me to Korea in what seems to have been another century. Boy did that Golden Gate Bridge look lovely when I came home to finish my time at Ft. Lewis Washington. Keep posting and we will be looking forward to the day you return and the pictures of your new home and family.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 11-26-2007, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron, my siter is stationed at Ft Lewis right now! She leaves for Korea Next month I believe. yep, my eye will be on the goal! I'll be planning the expansion of my garage, it currently has a 1 1/2 car garage with a dirt floor which just isn't going to work for me! haha I've already got plans to add a 2 car onto the 1 car and cement the floor. My wife will be happy that she MIGHT have room for her truck in the garage! haha In our old house, a 2 car was never enough for her to park in there. Neither of us parked there unless there was chances of hail, then I parked my coupe in there since it was not fully covered on insurance and I didn't want to have to replace all the windows! Otherwise, it was full of my sandrail build, frinds chevelle, or just a bunch of junk! haha

I can't wait! 186 and a wakeup!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Fsstnotch,

What branch of the service is your sister in? I was in the Army but in a signal core battalion which was much better than most jobs. Plus they kept me as far away from harm as possible in that stinky, cold, mountainous country. I was attached to the 8th Army headquarters in Seoul and spent time being flown from site to site. I was Inspector General for a couple of weeks and what a pain in the As* that was. I know that Korea has changed a lot since I was there, but of all places I would like to go back and see, that is absolutely not one of them. Best of luck to her.
And you stay safe and get home so we can start seeing pictures of your cars, home, garages, and family. and thank all the guys over there for what they are doing for us old men here that can no longer do anything but totter around. And raise wooden Turtles.

Ron

Old 11-26-2007, 12:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron, I am Comm. I work with signal all the time. My sister is Army. She is an X-ray Tech. She already spent a year just outside baghdad, and now she's going to Korea for a year and then she says she's done with the military. (6 yrs)

This is what my Wife's expedition got while I was home. It was in desperate need of tires so I bought her some new wheels (she picked them out, not I!) they're 22's. Picture quality sucks because they were taken 16:9 HD and cardomain murdered them! haha

Old 11-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Fsstnotch,

Those wheels look nice a does the rest of the car. Glad to hear that you both have better jobs. That will help to keep you safe as when I was in they had such a shortage of people that qualified for clearances and could do the work on those now ancient missile and comm systems, we were at a premium. I think there were three of us that had clearances and could work on all things when I was in Korea. Take care and when you get out, don't forget to keep posting as I enjoy hearing from you and reading your posts.

Ron

Old 11-26-2007, 12:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron, I'll be around for quite some time! now that I'm back over here, I'll be posting more than I have over the past few weeks. Club cobra is my home away from home! It keeps me sane!

Ya, when my wife picked those wheels I was very worried that they would look HORRIBLE!!!! But they don't look too bad. I would have gone a little elss flashy but, like I told her... "It's your truck, you have to live with them!"
Old 11-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Fsstnotch,

I am glad to hear that you will be posting and if you ever want to e-mail me or PM me feel free to do so. I get a lot of PMs at times and then they will drop off for a while.

Ron