14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 90% of a 428 friggin SCJ Engine!
Not Ranked     
Default Canada is a threat to the planet

Canadian beer drinkers, that is... if you call Molsen a beer...

Mike
Old 11-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

I have a 50+ year old refrigerator in my cellar and it still works great. I must be the poster boy for global warming.

Thanks for the laugh.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

I hear you Warren, I got my used one over 20 years ago for a case of beer
and it is still running strong out in my garage.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is untrue because everyone knows that this is the true canadian beer fridge

Last edited by Portoman; 11-29-2007 at 10:50 PM..
Old 11-30-2007, 12:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Beermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I read that NH has the second highest beer consumption per capita in the nation, 40 gal per year to be exact only to be out done by Nevada, I was so proud it brought tears to my eyes.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What is Wayne going to do if he can't have his old appliances with his new TV? Everything I have is over 30 years old except the hot water heater and it is about 10 years old now.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 11-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     
Angry Beer Fridge Owners Must Unite

I can't begin to describe my total frustration with that stupid article. First off I will put up a bottle of Molson against just about any other mass produced beer out there.

OK, now that I have your attention, I guess that some people (the writer of that article) just have too much time on their hands. It reminds me of a news flash in Toronto 2 years ago during a smog alert, "don't cut your grass today as your lawn mower is going to contribute to the smog". In the mean time a couple of million people are out driving around, planes are taking off every 60 seconds, and thousands of factories are pouring out smoke, and the idiot on the radio wants people not to cut their grass.

Same thing here. It is OK for me to drive around in my Explorer to go to get a case of beer but I can't keep it cold in my beer fridge. Give me a break. 15 years ago, we thought that our fridge was about to die. Since we were about to leave for a week's vacation, I didn't want to come home to a dead fridge full of rotten food so we bought a new one. The old fridge went out into the garage and replaced the really old beer fridge. 15 years later it is still doing a fine job of keeping beer cold.

I don't have the perfect garage but it contains 3 very important things. A Cobra, a '66 Mustang, and a beer fridge full of cold Molson. Oh yea, there is also an old stereo and an old TV in the garage, but they aren't as important as the beer fridge.

Wayne
Old 11-30-2007, 07:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wayne,

Just wait. At least for the time being you don't have to have your lawn mower smogged. Here the new mowers and lawn and garden equipment must meet certain emission requirements. I e-mail a young guy who lives in Wisconsin and is an engineer for Genrac. He said two years ago they received a letter from California that if they wanted to continue to sell their generators and motors here they must meet certain emission requirements and be stamped California certified. We used to have an EPA plane that flew around here all day long every day looking for anything they could ***** about. Also two guys riding around in a white EPA car burning gas and just driving up and down the streets looking for anything. I don't see them any more as I think some guy complained about their stopping and coming up into his garage while he had the door open to see if they could find something that wasn't environmental friendly. If I remember correctly he took it to court and pointed out that the plane flying 12 hours a day and the cars running around all day long put out more pollution in a day than his little garden tractor did in 10 years. I haven't seen that car for over a year now nor the plane.

Ron

Old 11-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Wayne
I had the same thoughts as you did when reading that article. At first I thought it must be a joke. But then I said, no, its "PCism to the Nth degree".

Pure stupidity. I'd be embarrassed if I had graduated from the University that funded that study. Maybe Canada can implement a "fridge buy-back program".

I can see it now ... "Crush a Fridge - Save the Planet" bumper stickers.

Or a new law in Canada making it illegal to drink cold beer! Only warm beer will save this planet!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They are even considering banning outdoor cooking! Prolly already have in California.

You can't cook outside, you can't have a beer fridge, you can't use a lawnmower, you can't use weedwackers, gotta get a cat converters on your motorcycle, and in Mass. you can't spank your kids.

Why? L I B E R A L S.

What else have LIBERALS given us?

Mike
Old 12-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442
Maybe Canada can implement a "fridge buy-back program".

I can see it now ... "Crush a Fridge - Save the Planet" bumper stickers.
Well you probably won't believe it but they have done just that, in Ontario I think. They have already gotten 46,000 back. The whole BS article was in today's paper. Absolute stupidity.

I think I'll go out in the garage and have a cold beer.

Wayne
Old 12-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wayne,

You must have some of our transplanted politicians up there. As for the outdoor barbecuing, there are days that it is banned here. They wanted to make it permanent but it is almost impossible to enforce such a stupid law as so many people live scattered throughout the mountains. So they decided that on BAD air days they would stop it. I don't think they have ever tried stopping anyone though. And besides, they are to busy making sure that our lawn mowers are environmental friendly they don't have time for that. Sometime back they even put out a warning in the local joke we call a newspaper that if you mow your lawn, you should dispose of the cut grass in an approved way. Never did say what the approved way is.

Ron

Old 12-02-2007, 06:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Maybury
Well you probably won't believe it but they have done just that, in Ontario I think. They have already gotten 46,000 back. The whole BS article was in today's paper. Absolute stupidity.

I think I'll go out in the garage and have a cold beer.

Wayne
Post the link!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is this it??

Refridgerator Round Up

Down here, we round up guns...but my guess is you already did that.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wayne,

Quick get the rights for the Bumper Stickers and T-Shirts. You should make a good deal of money off this.

Ron