Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 02:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Doctor Today Dentist again The 28th

Well I have to go to the doctor today to see what the results of all that blood work shows. Hope that I still have blood. Then the 28th back to the dentist for the third time this month for two more repairs on old filings. I think I am going to be happy when this month is past.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-14-2008, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

With the price of Gold being what it is you may want to put it off???

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 01-14-2008, 03:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Actually I was thinking of having him remove the gold ones and selling them to pay him for replacing them with other types and then keeping the rest of the money for important things.

Ron

Old 01-14-2008, 01:01 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

I had my regular 4 month tooth cleaning today. Oh,annual x-ray for it too. $199
Old 01-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Darn Fred, your dental work there is as expensive as it is here. To get that one tooth filled the other day was $132. I am guessing the next bill will be around $400 with him doing two of them and having to remove the filings and make sure they are clean under them before he re-sets them. I swear that darn needle he uses comes through the door three steps before he does.

Ron

Old 01-14-2008, 03:18 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61

Darn Fred, your dental work there is as expensive as it is here. To get that one tooth filled the other day was $132. I am guessing the next bill will be around $400 with him doing two of them .
I swear that darn needle he uses comes through the door three steps before he does.

Ron
Maybe you should back down to just a tooth instead of the extra expense of having two.

I keep telling you,if you let me do it I won't give you any pain killers.
No reason for that needless expense.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I need to get both of them fixed as both old filings are starting to come loose and just doing one now and one later will cost more as the price will go up again. I am afraid to let you near me with a pair of pliers and hammer.

Ron

Old 01-15-2008, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I need to get both of them fixed as both old filings are starting to come loose and just doing one now and one later will cost more as the price will go up again. I am afraid to let you near me with a pair of pliers and hammer.

Ron
I can loan him my dremel so he won't need the hammer and chisel.

No need to thank me, I just enjoy helping friends.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:05 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Joe,
I think the dremel tool is an excellent idea ! Seems Ron is getting just a little nervous about me helping him out.This tool might make him feel a little more at ease.The noise of the dremel might remind him of being at his dentist's office instead of being held down on a garage floor.

Could I borrow a couple of those neat little cutoff wheels too ?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe & Fred,

I have a dremel and all the different things that you can use with it. A great tool for what I use it for, but no way is it going into my mouth. I will just sit there and scream until he agrees to stop with the needle and then everything will be ok.

Ron

Old 01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra
Joe,
I think the dremel tool is an excellent idea ! Seems Ron is getting just a little nervous about me helping him out.This tool might make him feel a little more at ease.The noise of the dremel might remind him of being at his dentist's office instead of being held down on a garage floor.

Could I borrow a couple of those neat little cutoff wheels too ?
Sure no problem. I even have the hand held flexible shaft so you have more control. I have the small drill bits, different shaped grinders, blades, etc...

Don't worry Ron, with this attachment, you don't have to open up as much. Much more like being at the dentist. Here in Dallas we know how to hook you up.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Or you could just come here and see my dentist. She will cuss you out about being a baby with the needle and jab it in. Threaten to ram the drill through your cheek, call you every name in the book, and then ask for a hug when she is done.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

I have that attachment and about every other thing you can get for my dremel. I just would rather not have to go to any dentist. I have known Doug for about 30 years and he is thinking of retiring. And he does have some very nice looking girls working for him. So there are some redeeming factors.

Ron

Old 01-15-2008, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

yea I am just messing. We had this convo a few months back. A good friend of mine always wants to use his dremel, so it was a chance for me to use the line.

For him the best part of getting a new stove that was larger than the old one and the gas line was not long enough was there was a need to use the dremel tool during the modification of the cabinets and the installation of a new line
Old 01-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I knew that you and Fred were just messing around. When I was younger I did pull a couple of my own teeth by just working them back and forth until they got loose enough to come out. And just for your information the old tie a string to the door knob and your tooth and then slam the door doesn't work. Pulled the door knob off.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 01-16-2008 at 04:26 AM..
Old 01-16-2008, 03:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:

I knew that you and Fred were just messing around. When I was younger I did pull a couple of my own teeth by just working them back and forth until they got loose enough to come out. And just for your information the old tie a string to the door knob and you tooth and then slam the door doesn't work. Pulled the door knob off.

Ron
LMAO. I did the same thing. My dad was pissed that I ripped the door knob off.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

I hesitate to tell you this as it really shows what an idiot I was and am. But after the door knob trick failed I decided that a heavy piece of steel would work if I just dropped it. So I got a flat piece that weighed about 15 pounds and tied a string to it and that tooth and dropped it. I made the string to long and it didn't even tug on the tooth but it broke a bone in my foot. Remember I was a kid then and they hadn't invented dentists yet. My Father thought I had lost my mind. I thought I had lost my foot it hurt so bad.

Ron

Old 01-16-2008, 06:56 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron,
You broke a door and then your foot trying to remove a tooth.The tooth stayed put.

What was it about that tooth that made you think it was time to remove it ???

What did you finally do to get that sob outta there ???
Old 01-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred,

The tooth had chipped and was hurting so bad I had tears in my eyes. Also my jaw was starting to swell and the nearest dentist at that time was a half days drive from where I was.
I got it out by just pushing it back and forth until it started to get really loose and since it happened to be one that I could actually get two fingers on, when it was moving really easy I just pulled it out. A lot of pain and quite a bit of blood, but some warm salt water and a day or so and everything was great. But I would not want to go through that again. That foot still aches from time to time.

Ron

Old 01-16-2008, 09:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have done some things that were not the smartest as well. My removal of said tooth was solved by calling a kid in school a jackass. I also lost another that I was not trying to get rid of that day.