Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     
Default How many of us are now targets??????

Yesterday, Roger Hedgecock and the Liberty Papers posted an unclassified DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis report titled:

Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment.

The “report” (PDF file here) was one of the most embarrassingly shoddy pieces of propaganda I’d ever read out of DHS. I couldn’t believe it was real.

I spent the day chasing down DHS spokespeople, who have been tied up preparing for a very important homeland security event later today: The First Lady is coming to visit their Washington office. Priorities, you know.

Well, the press office got back to me and verified that the document is indeed for real.

They were very defensive — preemptively so — in asserting that it was not a politicized document and that DHS had done reports on “leftwing extremism” in the past. I have covered DHS for many years and am quite familiar with past assessments they and the FBI have done on animal rights terrorists and environmental terrorists. But those past reports have always been very specific in identifying the exact groups, causes, and targets of domestic terrorism, i.e., the ALF, ELF, and Stop Huntingdon wackos who have engaged in physical harassment, arson, vandalism, and worse against pharmaceutical companies, farms, labs, and university researchers.

By contrast, the piece of crap report issued on April 7 is a sweeping indictment of conservatives. And the intent is clear. As the two spokespeople I talked with on the phone today made clear: They both pinpointed the recent “economic downturn” and the “general state of the economy” for stoking “rightwing extremism.” One of the spokespeople said he was told that the report has been in the works for a year. My b.s. detector went off the chart, and yours will, too, if you read through the entire report — which asserts with no evidence that an unquantified “resurgence in rightwing extremist recruitment and radicalizations activity” is due to home foreclosures, job losses, and…the historical presidential election.

In Obama land, there are no coincidences. It is no coincidence that this report echoes Tea Party-bashing left-wing blogs (check this one out comparing the Tea Party movement to the Weather Underground!) and demonizes the very Americans who will be protesting in the thousands on Wednesday for the nationwide Tax Day Tea Party.

Here's an interesting part of it:

(U) Disgruntled Military Veterans

(U//FOUO) DHS/I&A assesses that rightwing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to exploit their skills and knowledge derived from military training and combat. These skills and knowledge have the potential to boost the capabilities of extremists—including lone wolves or small terrorist cells—to carry out violence. The willingness of a small percentage of military personnel to join extremist groups during the 1990s because they were disgruntled, disillusioned, or suffering from the psychological effects of war is being replicated today.

Finish your assignment:

http://michellemalkin.com/
Old 04-14-2009, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SO with big twin autolite inlines on custom intake, jag rear, top loader, wembeldon white, guardsmen blue stripes
Not Ranked     

It was on the radio today and I didn't hear it all, but sounds like total BS! from the current administration, this will get some air time in the next few days.

Remember!, there's a huge difference between a 'parts' changer, and a mechanic.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadsters 347 stroker
Neutral     

Ha! Now aren't you glad you gave all those powers to GW and thought nothing of it!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Neutral     

You know , it sounds like BS , but IMO , there is a lot more behind this . I guess by now , everyone is aware of the really draconian gun registration bill that has been introduced that will force anyone who owns/buys ANY gun with a detachable magazine to register with the Federal government ... HR 45 . the requirements require fingerprinting , being photographed , take a government test and send your mental health records to the "authorities" . If you move for any reason , you have 60 days to report your new address to the government or face up to a $250,000 fine and a 5 year prison term .
Does this have a chance ??? Who knows , but with everything else that is going on , it really makes you wonder when the next shoe will drop .
The 2010 elections now become vital .... and I just hope we can hold out until then .
Old 04-14-2009, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Hannity has been talking about this for a while now.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

This nefarious bill seeks to strip us all of our Constitutional Rights to possess and bear firearms of any distinction. It requires, within the first two years, that all new guns be registered. The bill goes retroactive after two years. Meaning that two years after the passage of the bill, ALL FIREARMS in a citizen’s possession must be registered, not just those purchased after the bill passes, and this apparently applies to antique firearms as well.

This new law makes you submit to the government's subjective psychological testing. It permits the government to come into your home without a search warrant to inspect your guns, which could easily lead to them taking the guns from you without any notice. There is more, and it is not pretty.

Roscoe
Old 04-14-2009, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra bill View Post
Ha! Now aren't you glad you gave all those powers to GW and thought nothing of it!
Bill, please elaborate.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

"... a sweeping indictment of conservatives." Now there's a breath of fresh air, glad to see there telling it like it is!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Well, when the constitution is eliminated and this is just another country under control of Russia or China, then maybe, just maybe, some of you will wake up top the fact that we now have a leader who is totally incapable of making any decision on his own. He couldn't do it as a Senator and sure hasn't done anything so far but make this country the laughing stock of the world on his so called Foreign junket in which he had to take along 500 extra supporters to cheer him for the TV blurbs. This country will soon cease to exist if this moron and his appointed group of we want to be dictators isn't stopped. Just MHO.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 04-15-2009, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
"... a sweeping indictment of conservatives." Now there's a breath of fresh air, glad to see there telling it like it is!
they're

Try to stick around this time.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SO with big twin autolite inlines on custom intake, jag rear, top loader, wembeldon white, guardsmen blue stripes
Not Ranked     

The speaker picked a television show with a viewership of 4.6 million to float the Democrats' coming gun-control push. Questioned on ABC's "Good Morning America" about the prospect of new gun-control laws now that "it's a Democratic president, a Democratic House," she responded, "We don't want to take their guns away. We want them registered."..........................Raise you hand if you believe that..

If you haven't joined the NRA, do so today!, and write your law maker.............

Old 04-15-2009, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     
Wink It's the ancient choice..........

....security or freedom. Ben Franklin's "Poor Richard's Almanac" had an eloquent snippet to that effect-------but I'm too busy* to quote it directly right now. In any case, welcome to Uncle Joe's America. The Tea Parties will be cathartic but ineffectual because: 1) the participants will have to get back to work, in order to pay the mortgages of those who don't ("Honk If I'M Paying Your Mortgage!" said one poster, ar-ar-ar) and 2) because of the onrushing tide of moronic government-dependent "voters" being so craftily empowered by Obama's gerrymandering, unchecked illegal immigration and the efforts of his ACORN street arm.

Welcome to 21st-century Amerika!

*actually, I'm busy trying to find that %$&#@ quoatation! ar-ar-ar-ar. Ron? Ros-cu-oe? Anybody? HELP-P-P-P!!!!! ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-oooooogle
Old 04-15-2009, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmimac351 View Post
Bill, please elaborate.
As far as I know Obama can still use all these new found powers, feel better now? NOT ME! and he's my guy.

George W. Bush’s Disposable Constitution
By Scott Horton

Yesterday the Obama Administration released a series of nine previously secret legal opinions crafted by the Office of Legal Counsel to enhance the presidential powers of George W. Bush. Perhaps the most astonishing of these memos was one crafted by University of California at Berkeley law professor John Yoo. He concluded that in wartime, the President was freed from the constraints of the Bill of Rights with respect to anything he chose to label as a counterterrorism operations inside the United States.

Here’s Neil Lewis’s summary in the New York Times:

“The law has recognized that force (including deadly force) may be legitimately used in self-defense,” Mr. Yoo and Mr. Delahunty wrote to Mr. Gonzales. Therefore any objections based on the Fourth Amendment’s ban on unreasonable searches are swept away, they said, since any possible privacy offense resulting from such a search is a lesser matter than any injury from deadly force. The Oct. 23 memorandum also said that “First Amendment speech and press rights may also be subordinated to the overriding need to wage war successfully.” It added that “the current campaign against terrorism may require even broader exercises of federal power domestically.”

John Yoo’s Constitution is unlike any other I have ever seen. It seems to consist of one clause: appointing the President as commander-in-chief. The rest of the Constitution was apparently printed in disappearing ink.

We need to know how the memo was used. Bradbury suggests it was not much relied upon; I don’t believe that for a second. Moreover Bradbury’s decision to wait to the very end before repealing it suggests that someone in the Bush hierarchy was keen on having it.

It’s pretty clear that it served several purposes. Clearly it was designed to authorize sweeping warrantless surveillance by military agencies such as the Defense Intelligence Agency and the National Security Agency. Using special new surveillance programs that required the collaboration of telecommunications and Internet service providers, these agencies were sweeping through the emails, IMs, faxes, and phone calls of tens of millions of Americans. Clearly such unlawful surveillance occurred. But the language of the memos suggest that much more was afoot, including the deployment of military units and military police powers on American soil. These memos suggest that John Yoo found a way to treat the Posse Comitatus Act as suspended.

These memos gave the President the ability to authorize the torture of persons held at secret overseas sites. And they dealt in great detail with the plight of Jose Padilla, an American citizen seized at O’Hare Airport. Padilla was accused of being involved in a plot to make and detonate a “dirty bomb,” but at trial it turned out that the Bush Administration had no evidence to stand behind its sensational accusations. Evidently it was just fine to hold Padilla incommunicado, deny him access to counsel and torture him–in the view of the Bush OLC lawyers, that is.

Among these memos was one for the files from Steven Bradbury, whom the Senate refused to confirm to run OLC, but who continued as a squatter in the position through the end of the Bush Administration. In his memo, the self-styled OLC head rejected a series of John Yoo-authored memos, noting the painfully obvious reasons why they were incorrect (for instance, Yoo’s penchant for misquoting the Constitution). He did this on January 15, 2009—as he was clearing his desk and preparing to hunt for a new job. So why did he leave the ridiculous Yoo memos in place until the last possible second? Michael Isikoff furnishes a very plausible analysis on MSNBC:

We may not have realized it at the time, but in the period from late 2001-January 19, 2009, this country was a dictatorship. The constitutional rights we learned about in high school civics were suspended. That was thanks to secret memos crafted deep inside the Justice Department that effectively trashed the Constitution. What we know now is likely the least of it.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just like 'O'NO! changing his mind after he got a taste of reality, namely the daily terror updates. so would you c-b, so keep it to low roar.........

Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I would never rub it in and say I told you so!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

In the past twenty years, there has been exactly one terroristic attack of domestic origin that has caused widespread personal and property damage, which was the attack on the USDC in Oklahoma City. The planners could be properly characterized as right wing and disgruntled Army vets. In the late 60s and 70s, the Government was properly concerned about left wing domestic terror groups, including the weather underground, black panthers, and SLA. With the change in administrations, it is reasonable to be more concerned about right wing groups.

Irrespective of politics, there is a tendency when Democrats are in power for domestic right wing groups to become more reactive in response. The converse is also true, during the Nixon/Ford admministrations, there was much more activity by left leaning terror groups.

There are also legitimate concerns about foreign terror groups with mid-east ties as well. It is difficult to characterize these groups politically, but there is no evidence that they have ties to traditional right or left wing domestic groups. Therefore, a proper DHS plan would study the potential threats from both domestic groups and foreign groups.

As an aside, domestic groups tend to turn to terror when they feel that they have no real voice in the government. My educated guess is that various left leaning groups currently feel that their voices are being heard through governmental channels, much to the chagrin of right leaning groups that feel that they are not being heard.

Given the criticism, much of it proper, that the Clinton administration ignored a growing threat from foreign islamic groups; in light of Oklahoma City, wouldn't it be inprudent to not analyze whether there is a potential threat from the right. Democrats and Republicans died in the twin towers. And , people from both parties, including children, died in Oklahoma City.

I don't know about you, but I would like to think that the Obama Administration is doing everything they can to prevent another 9/11 incident and an Oklahoma City type bombing. As to whether the Obama Administration intends to use political capital to really clamp down on gun rights, I find it highly doubtful. The post-Columbine gun measures are widely blamed by savvy democrats for widespread congressional losses during Clinton's terms, and very few of those same democrats really feel that they made the country any safer or picked up any real votes from supporting anti-gun measures. Most will admit that it was a political disaster. Like or hate Obama's politics, I think he is too smart a politician to really address this on a federal level. And the most recent SCOTUS decision concerning DC gun bans has made folks advocating legislative action on guns very reluctant to push this agenda.

Like the gay marriage issue, you are going to see gun issues pushed on the state level and ignored on the federal level. Obama is also going to tread very lightly on the abortion issue. That's why the left is pushing abortion reduction etc, rather than expanding abortion rights.

But, unless Obama starts drifting very far to the right, which is doubtful, or reinstitutes a draft, which is also doubtful, domestic threats will most likely originate from right wing extremists rather than the left. And foreign threats will most likely originate from where it has for the past 20 years; and that is from our friends in Saudi Arabia. We should all hope that DHS keeps an eye on these threats for the next four (or 8) years. If something new happens out of the blue, i.e. animal rights loonies, Quebec Seperatists, French Socialists, then perhaps we can cut him a break because these groups have been pretty inactive lately, but if there is another terror attack by Oklahoma City type extremists, I for one will not cut him a break. Nor, should he get a free pass if we see another group with ties to the King he just bowed to, cause havoc domestically.

IOW, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra bill View Post
ha! Now aren't you glad you gave all those powers to gw and thought nothing of it!
bulletin--bulletin--bulletin

strong rumor, Bush no longer Pres. Floppy eared clown now Pres.
Libs incapable of assimilating new info.

Floppy eared 'savior' wants powers to stay in place----and increase. Bush not, i say again, not consulted.

Libs incapable of assimilating new info, suffer from obsessive,compulsive Bush bashing disorder, and disassociation with any reality!!!!

End bulletin.................
Old 04-15-2009, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You poor misguided souls!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

An Obama supporter calling us "misguided". HAHAHAHAHA
Old 04-15-2009, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah I wish there was a way to help you guys, but I'm afraid you guys already bit into the corporate cookie. Too late now! Your their zombie shill.
Closed Thread