14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 01:24 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Neutral     
Default Al Sharton - Pirates are "Voluntary Coast Guard."

The stereotypical liberal reaction to the campaign, such as it is, against Somalian pirates. Now Al Sharpton has stepped into the breach with a characterization of the pirates that no parodist could have come up with, they are Somalia's "voluntary Coast Guard." And he doesn't appear to be kidding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUbsLKNCUoA
Old 04-19-2009, 05:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B
Not Ranked     

He is simply an idiot.

You can observe a lot from just watching.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Old Al has snift way too much glue and eaten too much greasy food. I think his perspective is that of a germ from another planet......... He's trying to find other screwed up germs to connect with.

Bill
Old 04-19-2009, 06:24 AM
Seasoned Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C, Dart 427W "Replica" Ford engine
Not Ranked     

Our Coast Guard is voluntary. I wonder what Sharpton would say if they started hijacking ships from Africa and holding the crews for ransom.
Bill Stradtner
Old 04-19-2009, 12:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default I don't have a clue of

what Al Sharpton's views are on really any subject, but in viewing that clip it appeared to me that he was soliciting comments on how apt that opinion was. I don't know how you can characterize that as a "liberal view". I have never heard any liberal express that view . It was a liberal that authorized the Seals to use deadly force against the pirates...perhaps that represents the liberal stereotypical view.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default And further more...

If I had been Obama I would have said tough titty. I can still remember my dad eventually showing up at the Principle's Office, the Jail or the Emergency Room ...telling me after I had got myself in trouble by doing something stupid, reckless and irresponsible..." Well, that's to bad...maybe you will know better next time." Eventually after a rather unpleasant experience in a Mexican Prison I began to use some judgement. I don't consider that crew or even the Captain to be heroes at all. Why the hell should the taxpayers spend (likely) millions of dollars to get some morons out of a fix of their own making. If I was foolish enought to put myself in that kind of situation I would have been prepared to protect myself and the ship. What happened to personal responsibility. I get so tired of people doing such stupid dangerous things and expecting the Gov. (aka taxpayers) to come to their rescue....next it will be that idiot reporter in Iran. And it made me even madder to see them being flown home in a Gov Jet and landing at a Air Force Base !!! I will have to go lay down for a minute !!

Last edited by Bartruff1; 04-19-2009 at 02:50 PM..
Old 04-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     

No, it makes perfect sense.

This is a man who basically runs a vast series of racialized protection rackets and somehow considers them a service to the “community.”

Through that f-ed up lens, pirates are the Coast Guard.

His racism knows no bounds. He truly is an ass clown.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

Don't you dare associate that d!ckhead Sharpton with us Liberals ...dear god, he is so far left he makes Hitler look sane!

Glyn

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"
Old 04-19-2009, 10:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 90% of a 428 friggin SCJ Engine!
Not Ranked     

Where are all these liberals coming from?

BTW, Al Sharpton IS a banner bearer for the liberal movement. I love when he says what he REALLY thinks. Somali Coast Guard. Thats revisionism at its best. So, sorry, but I DO associate Al Sharpton with all the liberals. Its not like he is going to get mistaken for anything else, is he? And he also has "inner circle" priviledges. What I see in him, I see in all liberals. Please do not take offense since none is offered. He said it and that is that.

Its just like when Robert Byrd used the "n" word. It is what is is.

The liberal movement is "of the cooks, by the cooks, and for the cooks." (cooks = coocoos)

Again, no offense intended. Its not like I said it, or Bush said it, or Rush said it, now is it?

Mike
Old 04-20-2009, 04:50 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

And people ask why I do not watch TV.

There is simply too much comedy in the world as it is.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I came, I dared, and I sat back with tru and some pop corn.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Right after the SEALs shot those pirates I knew it was only a matter of time until the liberals came out and supported the pirates. I saw some whackos post some crap on the internet saying we did not have to shoot them, and now you have Sharpton. Wait until the trial starts in NY. I can see the ACLU coming out saying we are violating this guys rights some how. The libs are so predictable.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BTW, my claim to Al Sharpton's "inner circle" status is not mine, but based on sveral articles, here is one of them:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/...sheriff_p.html

Yes, he is an influencial part of the current Administration. If you love Obama, then you are by default "luvin" Sharpton (unless you are willing to do something about it, like go and protest Sharpton's association where it matters most)

Mike
Old 04-20-2009, 02:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

The clowns have finally taken over the circus!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

Jeez guys, I consider myself somewhat liberal, but with regards to the pirates, we should sit offshore for a couple of days with the fleet and bombard every village within shooting distance of the beach along the whole damn coast of Somalia...THAT's what the Romans would have done, and no-one messed with them for hundreds of years without knowing about it.

"The Romans didn't build a great empire by holding meetings, they did it by killing everyone who opposed them"

Al Sharpton is an unregistered looney!!!

G

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"
Old 04-20-2009, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Right. And just where is the Roman Empire today? Buried under the weight of liberalism. Gone. Destroyed from within. Not to mention, going around and absolutely wiping everyone out who opposes you creates a bit of an image problem. They got destroyed from without also. And before someone suggests it, the US does not go around doing the same thing. This is the problem with military power in the hands of liberals. It gets abused (destroyed from within) and misused.

Mike
Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomelia View Post
Not to mention, going around and absolutely wiping everyone out who opposes you creates a bit of an image problem.
Yes, but if you KEEP doing it, no-one will dare say anything...ah it was good to be Roman for a couple of hundred years!

Old 04-21-2009, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Glynn, you are a confused liberal, and I do believe there is hope for you!