Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     
Default A Bright, Sunny, Safe Day........

Obama National Intelligence Director Declares Terrorist Threat Over

“A Bright, Sunny, Safe Day” - Just Like That Morning in September 2001

Amazing:

What was more interesting was the accompanying statement by the Director of National Intelligence, Dennis Blair, trying to justify Obama’s decision–or at least put it “into perspective.” The perspective, the context, is that in the months after 9/11, “we did not have a clear understanding of the enemy we were dealing with, and our every effort was focused on preventing further attacks that would kill more Americans. It was during these months that the CIA was struggling to obtain critical information from captured al Qaida leaders, and requested permission to use harsher interrogation methods. The OLC memos make clear that senior legal officials judged the harsher methods to be legal.”

Blair continues: “Those methods, read on a bright, sunny, safe day in April 2009, appear graphic and disturbing. As the President has made clear, and as both CIA Director Panetta and I have stated, we will not use those techniques in the future. But we will absolutely defend those who relied on these memos and those guidelines.”

So: We were once in danger. Now we live in “a bright, sunny, safe day in April 2009.” Now, in April 2009, Obama’s Director of National Intelligence seems to be saying, we’re safe.

Yes, September 11 was a bright, sunny day too - and too many of us thought we were safe then as well.

http://www.redstate.com/blog/2009/04...april-20-2009/
Old 04-20-2009, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SO with big twin autolite inlines on custom intake, jag rear, top loader, wembeldon white, guardsmen blue stripes
Not Ranked     

An old army buddy read the 'released interrogation methods' and concluded, it was no worst than what we went through at boot camp in 1964, Ft. Jackson S.C., tank hill. And he has never BS'ed me.

Remember!, there's a huge difference between a 'parts' changer, and a mechanic.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Not Ranked     

I can remember in Basic at Fort Knox in the early 60`s , having to take off our gas masks , give our name , rank and serial number when we were in the tear gas chamber while it was full of tear gas . I guess this is also cruel and unusual ?? Our Sgt. also had a little game he liked to play after midnight .... footlocker box "manual of arms " ... right shoulder footlocker etc .... and then 10 minutes to straighten everything out before he inspected the boxes . Another blatant case of "harsh " methods ??? I survived .... so far .
Looks like we will be in deep you know what if we need some vital info really fast .

Bob
Old 04-20-2009, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Hell as a young one here, I went to Boot Camp in 91 and we took our gas masks off in the chamber full of tear gas, had to wait in line while each person read off their name, rank and SSN. Still here. PT indoors in full winter dress including coats, in August, no AC. Still here. Stand for hours at a time without moving packed in tight. Still here.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

I wen through the same stuff with the gas chamber in Basic in 89, and also several times when I was in law enforcement.

At basic we were also forced to stand in formation in our underwear in -7 degree weather because someone left their wall locker open. About 1/2 the platoon was diagnosed with frostbite after this and were tagged with white tags on their uniforms. Would that be considered torture under Obama?

They showed the terrorist were made to stand with their hands against the wall with their feet spread, and they called that torture? We had to do the same thing, but with a rifle in our hands. And you better not drop the rifle or would be outside in the "pit" which was mud and sawdust with a nice layer of ice from the cold. You would be low crawiling back and forth until the drill sergeant got tired. I won't even go into the stuff that was done to us during S.E.R.E. (Survive, Evade, Escape, Resist) training.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP01715 View Post
I wen through the same stuff with the gas chamber in Basic in 89, and also several times when I was in law enforcement.

At basic we were also forced to stand in formation in our underwear in -7 degree weather because someone left their wall locker open. About 1/2 the platoon was diagnosed with frostbite after this and were tagged with white tags on their uniforms. Would that be considered torture under Obama?

They showed the terrorist were made to stand with their hands against the wall with their feet spread, and they called that torture? We had to do the same thing, but with a rifle in our hands. And you better not drop the rifle or would be outside in the "pit" which was mud and sawdust with a nice layer of ice from the cold. You would be low crawiling back and forth until the drill sergeant got tired. I won't even go into the stuff that was done to us during S.E.R.E. (Survive, Evade, Escape, Resist) training.
Yea, I remember going until he got tired. I was in Boot during the Summer and he would get a glass of Iced Tea, put up an umbrella and sit in the shade sipping tea while we were in the sun in full gear humpin it. When he got tired, we were then "allowed" to march in formation around the perimiter of the base. When done, we got to go to chow.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Yeah those guys are sadistic. They were funny looking back at it, but at the time I wanted to kick some of their asses.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     

So, are you saying that the "can't we all get along" policy isn't going to work? Obama is making "friends" all around the world, shaking hands with everyone. On the other hand, no one is giving him anything and no one is backing down. Hmmmmm....

Perhaps the whole world is now going to like, perhaps even love, America and Americans?

By the way, would anyone here work in the new World Trade Center? I wonder if it will be really, really hard to lease space once it's re-created.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Funny, when we were visiting the WTC site a few weeks ago, I was wondering the same thing.

Maybe we should gift it to the UN...
Old 04-20-2009, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Funny, when we were visiting the WTC site a few weeks ago, I was wondering the same thing.

Best idea yet. Gift it to the UN and proudly and publicly declare that since the UN is in the WTC, the US dollar has never been better, we are stronger, etc... Solve many problems all in 1 fell swoop.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP01715 View Post
Yeah those guys are sadistic. They were funny looking back at it, but at the time I wanted to kick some of their asses.
Yea I look back now and it doesn't seem so bad, but at the time it was more like 1 (let me) 2 (catch) 1 (you off) 2 (base you) 1 (bastard) 2 (we'll see) 1 (how much) 2 (off a) 1 (badass) 2 (you are) 1 (then) 2..... (all items in parentheses not said aloud)
Old 04-20-2009, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Anyone want to hear stories about my boot camp at Parris Island in 1964?

Roscoe
Old 04-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Depends...if we ask, are you allowed to tell?
Old 04-20-2009, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes....but I'll have to kill you.....

Roscoe
Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Cool...I need some time off.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I always enjoy stories from tough old bastards. Paris Island in 64, I have no question you fit that bill.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:05 AM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     

I was at Lackland AFB during the Carter years, we had one day of obstacle course training. It rained earlier in the day so we didn't have to crawl in the mud.

I think that alone summed up Carter's entire presidency.

Scott S
Old 04-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post

Now that's a great idea. Now I wonder what would happen if we did that - would all the representatives show up for work at the World Trade Center?

Let's face it, it's been hit twice - you may as well paint a target on the side of it. Also, property insurance must be a bi@ch.