21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 08:20 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     
Default BHO is a coward of the highest order

Believe it or not.I do,it goes with the charactor he has shown from day one.

"Note: I don't know the author, but did receive it from a trusted source, another Marine combat pilot.

Guys,

BHO is a coward of the highest order.
If things had gone arwy, he would have disavowed any knowledge , and destroyed the future of many good Navy career personel. However, it really was a successful action and the coward was quick to heap accolades upon himself.

JLS

Thanks to the Internet, satellites, email, and sailors who write home, the administration and its willing accomplices in the liberal, Democrat controlled media can't hide the truth. Here's another message from the scene:
.................................................. ..........
Interesting...from someone who should know.

Having spoken to some SEAL pals here in Virginia Beach yesterday and asking why this thing dragged out for 4 days, I got the following:

1. BHO wouldn't authorize the DEVGRU/NSWC SEAL teams to the scene for 36 hours going against OSC (on scene commander) recommendation.

2. Once they arrived, BHO imposed restrictions on their ROE (rules of engagement) that they couldn't do anything unless the hostage's life was in "imminent" danger

3. The first time the hostage jumped, the SEALS had the raggies all sighted in, but could not fire due to ROE restriction

4. When the navy RIB came under fire as it approached with supplies, no fire was returned due to ROE restrictions. As the raggies were shooting at the RIB, they were exposed and the SEALS had them all dialed in.

5. BHO specifically denied two rescue plans developed by the Bainbridge CPN and SEAL teams

6. Bainbridge CPN and SEAL team CDR finally decide they have the OpArea and OSC authority to solely determine risk to hostage. 4 hours later, 3 dead raggies

7. BHO immediately claims credit for his "daring and decisive" behaviour. As usual with him, it's BS.

So per our last email thread, I'm downgrading Oohbaby's performance to D-. Only reason it's not an F is that the hostage survived.

Read the following accurate account.

Philips’ first leap into the warm, dark water of the Indian Ocean hadn’t worked out as well. With the Bainbridge in range and a rescue by his country’s Navy possible, Philips threw himself off of his lifeboat prison, enabling Navy shooters onboard the destroyer a clear shot at his captors — and none was taken.

The guidance from National Command Authority — the president of the United States ,
Barack Obama — had been clear: a peaceful solution was the only acceptable outcome to this standoff unless the hostage’s life was in clear, extreme danger.

The next day, a small Navy boat approaching the floating raft was fired on by the Somali pirates — and again no fire was returned and no pirates killed. This was again due to the cautious stance assumed by Navy personnel thanks to the combination of a lack of clear guidance from Washington and a mandate from the commander in chief’s staff not to act until Obama, a man with no background of dealing with such issues and no track record of decisiveness, decided that any outcome other than a “peaceful solution” would be acceptable.

After taking fire from the Somali kidnappers again Saturday night, the on scene commander decided he’d had enough.

Keeping his authority to act in the case of a clear and present danger to the hostage’s life and having heard nothing from Washington since yet another request to mount a rescue operationhad been denied the day before, the Navy officer — unnamed in all media reports to date — decided the AK47 one captor had leveled at Philips’ back was a threat to the hostage’s life and ordered the NSWC team to take their shots.

Three rounds downrange later, all three brigands became enemy KIA and Philips was safe.

There is upside, downside, and spinside to the series of events over the last week that culminated in yesterday’s dramatic rescue of an American hostage.

Almost immediately following word of the rescue, the Obama administration and its supporters claimed victory against pirates in the Indian Ocean and [1] declared that the dramatic end to the standoff put paid to questions of the inexperienced president’s toughness and decisiveness.

Despite the Obama administration’s (and its sycophants’) attempt to spin yesterday’s success as a result of bold, decisive leadership by the inexperienced president, the reality is nothing of the sort. What should have been a standoff lasting only hours — as long as it took the USS Bainbridge and its team of NSWC operators to steam to the location — became an embarrassing four day and counting standoff between a ragtag handful of criminals with rifles and a U.S. Navy warship"
Old 04-20-2009, 10:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SO with big twin autolite inlines on custom intake, jag rear, top loader, wembeldon white, guardsmen blue stripes
Not Ranked     

-----dragged out for 4 days-----

Yeah! I believe it......

Remember!, there's a huge difference between a 'parts' changer, and a mechanic.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

i had thoughts of why is there even a standoff with a freakin speed boat and a destroyer. i served under the casper weinberger regime in the 80's and that would have taken about an hour to remedy. the distance of the shots and the logistics was childs play for our seals, the only explanation was an empty suit was calling the shots, and he was. but of course the media had more important issues to cover like the new dog.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Thanks to the Internet, satellites, email, and sailors who write home, the administration and its willing accomplices in the liberal, Democrat controlled media can't hide the truth.
I don't rely on the internet and emails to establish the "truth". Especially from an unverified "rumor has it" copy/paste post attributed to some unknown military guy. I mean really, think about it, how ridiculous is that? But it makes a great story, fit's perfectly with the broader mind set to be found in the Lounge, so carry on and have some more kool aid...

Guns should not be the first solution, certainly not the only solution. If the Captain/hostage were a member of MY family that last thing I would want was the military to go in with gun's blazing.

This is fundamentally why we have a civilian that call's the shots over the military. The shoot first ask questions later views so often expressed here makes me glad the Government is set up that way!

I won't second guess the French rescue of their hostages, perhaps the timeline left them no other options? Most people say they done good, fact is, one hostage was killed. Maybe they should have waited four days, or a week, or a month and rescued ALL of them alive. Maybe they had no choice but to act when they did? I won't be relying on some rumor and inuendo copy/paste/posted to the internet statement as a reliabe source for information to make that determination!

It's to bad a diplomatic solution could not be worked out, in both cases, military force was the only remaining and LAST (not FIRST) option.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

The thread title is incendiary and disgraceful.

A quick Google search shows the source as a circulating e-mail, similar to the "finger found in Wendy's chili" one.

You could have found a more dignified way of presenting your cause.

Better luck next time.
Closed Thread