MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
View Poll Results: How often does McDs screw up your order?
0% (and I go there a lot) 8 40.00%
25% 5 25.00%
50% 5 25.00%
75% and up 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 09:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 90% of a 428 friggin SCJ Engine!
Not Ranked     
Default McDonalds Rant

I am the happy father of 2 boys and a dog (no cats, sorry Jamo)

And given the choice, they always pick McDonalds. I really hate that place... and now in the news are stories about their Kidz Bop CD containing the F-bomb. But most of all, they almost NEVER get the order right.10-15 minutes in the drive thru lane, then 10 more minutes going back into the store to get it fixed. Yes, I know the definition of insanity. But it never makes a difference. How does a company with such sorry service and awful food stay on top? My poll is to simply see if this is a shared experience.

Mike
Old 05-12-2009, 10:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham - KMP493
Not Ranked     

I love it. It's cheap and predictable. I call it plug. I'm not looking for cuisine, just something to plug the gut. In China on business though it became sought after comfort food. I think they have great fountain Coke, that's what keeps me coming back.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'd say 50% of the time. I USUALLY try to check everything before I pull away. I try to only eat McDonalds when I am in such a rush that it is necessary to eat in the car. There is nothing that pisses me off more than getting my food and hitting the road only to find out there is no straw for my tub of coke! I usually order a single or double 1/4 with NO onions. I'd say 50% to 75% of the time, the box for the 1/4 will have the special order sticker stating no onions... and it will have onions on it. That or you get No fries.

The worst in my town is the local BK. They always have the same lady working drive thru. She is probably 5' tall and has 6" arms I swear! She can't even get her hand out the window! And then to make it worse, BK put up these Concrete poles to keep you from pulling too close to the window "for their safety" I'm told. Well, me in my little jetta, and old stubby arms can never reach! I always end up getting out of my car! WTF?! What's the point of the drive thru. Well, last time I was there it was raining so i refused to get out of my car and get all wet. I had an important meeting and it wasn't happening. I pull up to the window and reach as far as I can, she does her usual half a$$ reach and we are still like 6" apart with my card in my fingertips. Then she says, "I'm not allowed to reach any farther." I replied "What do you mean? If you can't reach out the window, you need to switch with someone who can!" The girl at the counter must have seen the struggle cause she came over to help. She's working the inside counter and is like 6'6 with 20' arms. Go figure. We had no problem exchanging card and food. Midget arm lady gives me a dirty look and I pull away. I'd really like to slap the manager around a little. Must be the stupidest person in the world! EVERYONE complains about the same thing too. All you have to do is say "the girl that works hte BK drive thru" and everyone knows exactly what you are talking about.

Ahhh... end BK rant! haha
Old 05-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR - 351 / 385 hp
Not Ranked     
Default Ooops!

I answered the poll before I read the post, sorry. I quit using the drive through at ANY "fast" food joint years ago. My answer would have been 100%. When my kids were small I had one rule about these places. I sit in the booth & watch the kids while Mama waits in line (worked for me).

The real problem with most of these places is a lack of customer service, but based on their popularity I guess that's our problem not their's
Old 05-13-2009, 05:38 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

If I am travelling and I have to stop for a quick bite, I generally will stop anywhere but McDonalds. Their food really isn't very good, expecially the burgers. I had some sort of wrap thing at McD's last year that was good (I was in a rush and McD's was the only place around). However, I prefer McD's to just about any other fast food chain for breakfast which is actually quite good. My big complaint now is that they no longer have the hot sauce for the breakfast buritos, only mild sauce.

I very rarely use a drive through so I cannot really comment on that one way or the other.

Wayne
Old 05-13-2009, 05:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

They built a McDonalds here a few years ago and I have gone in there maybe five or six times. There burgers and most stuff is pre cooked and all taste like cardboard to me. The best place around here is the Old Mill Eatery and they make a steak sandwich for $10.95 that has more steak than you get at the regular steak house restaurants in Redding. I love there Ortega Burgers too and anything I buy there I bring home as it makes 2 meals for me. There only problem is lack of parking space as cars are even parked across the street in the trees. And the prices are lower than any other place around for the amount of food you get. Drinks are included free.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-13-2009, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Not Ranked     

I eat there about 2-3 times a month.No problems.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Bill,

I have noticed that out here their food changes quite a bit from one place to another. As I said, the one here is really bad, but I have ate in some in San Francisco and other places and it wasn't gourmet food, but was a lot better than some of the others.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-13-2009, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

wow, i am surprised. i thought i was amongst the many not the few. i haven't eaten at Mcd's for maybe 15 years. i consider their stuff slop.
i have a question and i don't mean it to be malicious, but those of you who eat there,
what is you waist size? Mediterranean diet i have a 30" waist. i'm almost 50 yr's old
Old 05-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I am not a big fan of Mac & Dons. They serve questionable food most of the time and I can get better close to them. Even Arby's is better.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

FWB,

Now that's just cruel, down right cruel, and vicious......i2f
Old 05-13-2009, 09:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Out west here we have "In & Out Burgers"...fantastic junk food. A Double Double w/cheese and some real fresh fries (real cut up potatos) and a coke...best in the world.

McDonalds has good soft serve ice cream and that's about it for them. I must have eaten about 1 million McDonalds burgers when my kids were growing up...that's all they wanted..you know the "Happy Meal'.
Bill
Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Barb and I spent more than 15 years working SCCA club races. Which meant taking off for the track before sunup. Bkfst was always drive in window on the run. There is a reason we always called it "The Mistake Window!"

McD's used to have good coffee, but they had to get on the Starbuck's downhill slide and now McD's coffee is the same bitter crap.
Absolutely, they screw up a high % of orders.
Absolutely, they have little customer service.
But what I find most amazing, is that absolutely, they have terrible food.
Its all just BURPS in a BAG!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

...and when you roll into town at midnight In & Out is one of the only places open in Havasu.

BTW, I think I saw you car on a trailer off the 95 last weekend as I was leaving town. If not there is another blue cobra in town.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I guess I'm lucky. I have never had a wrong order. Now that my son is older, and even he doesn't like McDs now, I haven't been in years with the exception of in the morning on the way to a HPDE/track day. They have great breakfast and are very close to the track. In/Out makes great food for what it is. BK is ok. I avoid McDs.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR - 351 / 385 hp
Not Ranked     

My most memorable wrong order was when, about 10 miles down the Interstate, I discovered my egg McMuffin had an extra muffin slice in place of the Canadian bacon What could I do, drive back

I agree on the McD's coffee too, they've screwed up a good thing with their "gourmet" coffee.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Never go through drive-throughs...Vette too short and I'm not taking a chance of having a drink dumped on me.

They don't phuk things up anymore than the others...some of their items are road warrier essentials, such as Chicken McNuggets. Their sweet-n-sour souce has a special glue-like substance which keeps that sh!t from dripping off the chicken thing at 80+ mph and onto your clothes.

Last edited by Jamo; 05-13-2009 at 10:17 AM..
Old 05-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     

What happened to the "I don't go there" option.

Besides, it's a bunch of primarily underage kids serving up meals - what would one expect? Think about ungrading your eating habits or eat at home - McD and others do strange things with food before you get it. I heard that they rarely serve real meat, plus the poop factor.....
Old 05-13-2009, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra de capell View Post
What happened to the "I don't go there" option.

Besides, it's a bunch of primarily underage kids serving up meals - what would one expect? Think about ungrading your eating habits or eat at home - McD and others do strange things with food before you get it. I heard that they rarely serve real meat, plus the poop factor.....

what the h*ll is a poop factor? heheheh
Old 05-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
..some of their items are road warrier essentials, such as Chicken McNuggets. .
It must be 25 years since I ate a McD's burger but I used to eat their McNuggets once in a while until I found out that supossedly, about 1/3 of that is chicken skin, not chicken meat. Just think about the cost of chicken skin and what happens to the profit margin if you incorporate some of that really low cost stuff in your product.

Wayne