CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     
Default Hawaii “Islam Day” secretly marks September 11

Sunday, May 10, 2009
Hawaii “Islam Day” secretly marks September 11
By Andrew Walden :: 877 Views :: Hawaii State News, Hawaii State Politics, National News, National Politics, World News, World Politics

By Andrew Walden

Islamists have just tricked the Hawaii Legislature into celebrating Islam on September 11.

Hawaii has no Christianity Day, no Judaism Day, and no Buddhism Day--but Hawaii's Democrat Legislators—with the loud public support of Ron Paul connected Rep Kym Pine (R-Ewa)—passed a resolution to create Islam Day.

By a 22-3 vote the Hawaii Senate May 7 approved House Concurrent Resolution 100 which designates September 24, 2009 as Islam Day. The State House had quietly approved the measure without dissent March 17.

Introduced March 4 as HCR100 by Reps Faye Hanohano (D-Puna), Lyla Berg (D-Hawai`i Ka`i), and Della Au Belatti (D-Makiki) HCR100 proposed Islam Day to be “November 21, 2009, marks the anniversary of the founding of Islam….” But that was soon amended to HCR100HD1 which intones, “the Prophet Mohammad left his house to migrate to Madinah and reached Quba in the vicinity of Madinah on the 12th day of Rabi ul-Awwal according to the lunar calendar, or September 24th according to the Gregorian calendar, thereby marking the birth of Islam….” (Emphasis added)

This is false. September 24th is the date of Mohammad’s arrival in Medina according to the old Julian calendar -- which is 13 days behind the modern Gregorian calendar. The fact that “Gregorian” is mentioned in the resolution implies that somebody was considering the two calendars.

Had the Hawaii legislature intended to mark the Julian date September 24 they would have picked the Gregorian date October 7, 2009 for Islam Day. Had they wished to mark the date celebrated each year by Muslims, that would have been the “12th day of Rabi ul-Awwal” -- March 9, 2009.

But instead they picked the modern Gregorian date September 24, 2009. This day corresponds to no holiday in the Islamic calendar. But on the Julian calendar it is September 11, 2009.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Unfortunately this is all true and it is not WorldNetDaily paranoia. I'm not fond of our government proclaiming any sort of Islam, Christian or Jehovahs Witness day. And this one is really a bit of an insult. The way it reads it will not be an annual thing - just for 2009.

I suspect that they just might go and hit the 'undo' button on this one.

Steve
Old 05-13-2009, 08:53 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Looks like it's about time to boycott Hawaii & Ernie.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

I love Hawaii and go as much as possible, but there is definitely an anti USA vibe there from not only the locals, but also non locals that have lived there for a while. I doubt most people that live there would even care about this. I have seen not only anti USA signs in peoples front yards, but also racist (anti white) signs as well.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

...dumbasses
Old 05-13-2009, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: shell valley, 427ci 500hp
Not Ranked     

maybe after all of that we should keep them as a state so we get tax revenue but ban all travel to hawaii and see how they like it when there is no money. Just kidding.

Last edited by stuartb; 05-13-2009 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: adding
Old 05-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP01715 View Post
I love Hawaii and go as much as possible, but there is definitely an anti USA vibe there from not only the locals, but also non locals that have lived there for a while. I doubt most people that live there would even care about this. I have seen not only anti USA signs in peoples front yards, but also racist (anti white) signs as well.

oh,gee thanks for that info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 23 year old daughter that is going to be married in the fall has decided now she wants to get married on a beach in Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course in the last 8 weeks, she's "only" changed her mind 5 times, so I'm sure she'll change her mind at least a dozen times before October.............we may end up in the back yard of some trailer park for all I know!!!!!!

If we do end up in Hawaii, I guess bringing some of my pro-gun t-shirts are out of the question?????

Quote:
but also racist (anti white) signs as well.
Soo, I guess pro-white type t-shirts are a no-no as well?????

David
Old 05-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     

Hawaii is very liberal.

Liberalism is a mental disorder, characterized by unwarranted feelings of guilt, extreme naivete, massive stupidity, and suicidal tendencies.

What happened to Separation of Church and State? Guess it doesn’t apply to Mosque and State?
Old 05-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Sorry to say they snuck that one in behind their shelving the gay marriage
bill, so it got no publicity until too late.
Glad I got a place in Texas because things are looking better there on a
daily basis.
This place is becoming an embarrassment to live in. Tourism is the only
"industry" left and that is down the tubes at this point so they want to raise
the taxes on everything to fix it. That plus full speed ahead on a $6B rapid
transit system to carry 3% of Oahu's population. It ain't pretty.
Sorry, end of rant - Ernie isn't the only one here.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

...any cheap beach property yet?
Old 05-14-2009, 04:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Nope - that won't happen. Property values have not tanked like some
other areas. The bad thing about living on or near the beach on the North
Shore is that everything rusts out faster than you could ever imagine. Not
good for airplanes or cars.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP01715 View Post
HUMMMM,

Let me see. You own some beautiful property surrounded by paradise in the middle of the Pacific. A boat load of white guys come along, and take everything from you. Let's replace that with Indians, and it has the same ring, and you expect these people to love you?

I can't imagine anyone here wanting to buddy up with Muslim extremist. Not the same, but sort of. I think you would feel the same way if some green guy came in, and took your house, and Cobra. You wouldn't want to be hanging out with his green friends would you? I am not trying to start an arguement, but I am pointing out there is some limited think there.........i2f
Old 05-14-2009, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID GAGNARD View Post
oh,gee thanks for that info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 23 year old daughter that is going to be married in the fall has decided now she wants to get married on a beach in Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course in the last 8 weeks, she's "only" changed her mind 5 times, so I'm sure she'll change her mind at least a dozen times before October.............we may end up in the back yard of some trailer park for all I know!!!!!!

If we do end up in Hawaii, I guess bringing some of my pro-gun t-shirts are out of the question?????

Soo, I guess pro-white type t-shirts are a no-no as well?????

David

I was married on the beach on Maui and it was great. The people that are involved in the tourism industry are very nice. If you drive into the neighborhoods though you might see some of the signs I mentioned above. If you do the normal tourist stuff you guys will be fine.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
HUMMMM,

Let me see. You own some beautiful property surrounded by paradise in the middle of the Pacific. A boat load of white guys come along, and take everything from you. Let's replace that with Indians, and it has the same ring, and you expect these people to love you?
If the USA had not taken control of Hawaii, the French or British would have. There are plenty of countries of non white guys that have conquered land, but the white guys are the only bad guys.

If you look at how the Americans actually gained control control of Hawaii it was actually not much of a fight.

Look up the unification of the islands by Kamehameha if you want to read about violence. He had no problem using American and European ships and weapons to do this.

Liberals need to stop living in the past.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I was married on the beach on Maui and it was great. The people that are involved in the tourism industry are very nice. If you drive into the neighborhoods though you might see some of the signs I mentioned above. If you do the normal tourist stuff you guys will be fine.
My post was all meant "tongue-in-cheek".
With that said, I'm sure a beach ceremony would be great and my daughter has been checking on-line into it and there are some great deals out there for this... I was super suprised that the round trip air flight from Louisiana to Hawaii was only $700.00 per person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was expecting double that!!!!!!!!!

Right now with the ecomony and tourism the way it is, now is a great time for a vacation, the deals I see are unreal compared to the same vacation just 2 or 3 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!

All-in-all, this type of wedding compared to a conventional church wedding here would actually be less expensive for me......

Hawaii is starting to look reaaaaalllllllll good about now, just that the 8 hour flight without a cigarette for me and the little wifey would be tough and I'm not a big fan of blasting thru the wild blue yonder at 550 mph, 40,000 feet above nothing but a big shark filled ocean in a pressureized aluminum tube!!!!!!!!!

David
Old 05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

No need to go to Hawaii for a beach ceremony...come to New Jersey....lots of shoreline...

Yes! With tongue firmly planted in cheek,
Roscoe
Old 05-14-2009, 04:37 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Or head to the High Plains of West Texas.

Bunches & Bunches of beach and only 500 miles to the surf.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

Where the heck is the ACLU? Shouldn't that organization be all over this on separation of church and state?

Who is John Galt?
Old 05-15-2009, 02:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David,

If you guys decide on Hawaii get a good wedding planner. Everything was set up through our wedding planner including licenses. All we had to do was show up and he took care of everything else. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1056, small block Ford
Not Ranked     

My partners and I sold our Condo on Maui last summer. I'll never go back. Screw em all, I was sick of listening to their crap. I hope gas goes to $20 a gallon and cheeseburgers are $15. They can go back to marrying their sisters and jumping into volcanoes.