14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 04:44 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     
Exclamation obama is "Unaware"

Teleprompter Down !

Barack Obama, through his spokesman, claimed today that he was unaware of the tax day tea parties. April 15,2009

Granted, the MSM has done a good job in suppressing any sort of coverage ahead of time
(and the little coverage they did provide was derisive at best); but how out of touch is the Community Organizer in Chief, really?

This much.........

- He was unaware that he was attending a church (for 20 years) with a racist pastor who hates America .

- He was unaware that he was family friends with, and started his political career in the living room of, a domestic terrorist.

- He was unaware that he had invested in two speculative companies backed by some of his top donors right after taking office in 2005.

- He was unaware that his own aunt was living in the US illegally.

- He was unaware that his own brother lives on pennies a day in a hut in Kenya .

- He was unaware of the AIG bonuses that he and his administration approved and signed into a bill.

- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be his Secretary of Commerce was under investigation in a bribery scandal.

- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be his Secretary of Health and Human Services was a tax cheat.

- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be his Secretary of the Treasury was a tax cheat.

- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be the U.S. Trade Representative was a tax cheat.

- He was unaware that the woman he nominated to be his Chief Performance Officer was a tax cheat.

- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be #2 at the Environmental Protection Agency was under investigation for mismanaging $25 million in EPA grants.

For the love of God, there are people in comas more aware of world affairs than this guy.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
Barack Obama, through his spokesman, claimed today that he was unaware of the tax day tea parties. April 15,2009
Now, you see, that's just factually wrong. The original quote had the date of April 15, 2009, the day of the parties, as the byline. It wasn't "claimed today"

Plus, your whole post is just a copy and paste from the perpetually unhappy fringe bloggers out there.

One of many...

http://www.slate.com/discuss/forums/...howThread.aspx

It is exactly this kind of inflammatory crap that is cut and pasted to this forum that is wearing patience incredibly thin.

I am sure you can find other forums that are more receptive to cut and pastes like this.

...or start your own clipping service blog... somewhere else.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics
Not Ranked     
Default Didn't hurt my feelings

Plus, your whole post is just a copy and paste from the perpetually unhappy fringe bloggers out there.

It is exactly this kind of inflammatory crap that is cut and pasted to this forum that is wearing patience incredibly thin.

One of the beautiful ideals about this country is the freedom that we all presently enjoy. When we are happy about something, we can freely write about it. When we aren't happy about something, we can also freely write about it.

Unless you own this web site or a rule is violated, I fail to see why 392Cobra should go elsewhere to post.

The only "inflammatory crap" I see so far is the use of the phrase "perpetually unhappy fringe bloggers out there." How do you know these people are "fringe?" I don't consider myself "fringe." What is your basis for using the word "fringe?" I do see a small number of people that do try to "minimize or marginalize" the problems that the present administration is bringing about.

This is STILL the United States of America.

LoneStar 5L
Bill
Old 05-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Hi Bill

Welcome to ClubCobra.

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 05-23-2009, 09:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for the welcome

Thanks Ron for the welcome.

I've been around for a while. I don't post often, I mostly enjoy reading.

LoneStar 5L
Bill
Old 05-25-2009, 09:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five chassis/Mr. Bruce slabside
Not Ranked     

Ron, is there anything incorrect that 392Cobra has posted? I'm confused.
John O
Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolsen42 View Post
John O
Just two things... he transposed the date of the attribution to make it read like it "happened" today.

...and, he could have posted a link to the whole article from anywhere on the web instead of a big, ol' cut and paste with no original thought contained therein. There are newsfeeds and other sites that serve that purpose.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks View Post
Just two things... he transposed the date of the attribution to make it read like it "happened" today.

...and, he could have posted a link to the whole article from anywhere on the web instead of a big, ol' cut and paste with no original thought contained therein. There are newsfeeds and other sites that serve that purpose.

Lounge (11 Viewing)
You wanna shoot the breeze about stuff that isn't necessarily Cobra related? Here's the place to be.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:06 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
John O

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks View Post

First - I was only certain that what I posted was not from The New York Times.
Until Ron posted the link of where it started,I had no idea.

It is/was posted on a Harley site and I liked it.

As far as the date saying "today",I added the April 15,2009 myself. Thinking that would clarify that it wasn't "TODAY".
Guess it did not.

So,all in all - Big Phucking Deal. Relax,there was no malious intended nor committed.