14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 07:23 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     
Default N. Korea- Nuclear and Rocket Test On Memorial Day

Not to worry though,Owussie plans to call for a UN Meeting just as soon as his Memorial Day BBQ is over.

From the Right Wing BBC -
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8066861.stm

Old 05-26-2009, 06:20 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

392 I'm sorry but I don't find your poster to be funny. A lot of good men and women (Americans as well as people from many other nations including Canada) have been killed or injured while trying to maintain peace in the world.

I understand that you feel that your President is useless, but that is no excuse for laughing at people that have lost their lives while trying to do the right thing.

Wayne
Old 05-26-2009, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default With all of it's faults...

If the UN didn't exist we would have to invent it...it is easy to criticize...but the reality is that the UN has saved millions of lives from Cyprus to the Balkans... we use it when it fits our purposes and ignore it when it doesn't. North Korea is no immediate threat to anyone.... personally, I wish the President would order all the troops, planes and ships home and only use them when America itself is faced with a real and immediate threat and supply the UN with logistics and money when it is in our intrest and when there is a probability of success at a reasonable cost and in a reasonable time frame. The old Fortress America concept.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
North Korea is no immediate threat to anyone....

Maybe before you make statements like that you should go spend a few months at Chun Chon or just a couple of miles South of the so called DMZ. I spent the most 16 miserable months of my life in that area when the fighting was still going on and it never stopped after the so called truce. Those inbred idiots that run North Korea want nothing more than to expand their powers as they have nothing there. No food, no industry, nothing. Funny how the people who never spend a day in any place like that seem to be the experts on it.
And yes, I still have people that are there who I keep in contact with. Do you??

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-26-2009, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Nope...not at all

My view is that it was a tragic mistake...
Old 05-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Now that I agree with you on. When I landed at Inchon on my birthday I thought they had sent me to the end of the world. Couldn't move without getting in the way of anti aircraft and artillery. After 5 days I was convinced that none of that country was worth the lives we lost to save half of it. Fortunately I was kept back out of the fighting, but did have to go in and look at the aftermath to see if there was anything Russian in the way of electronics. The Missile command I was attached to had orders to leave that area immediately if they came farther South of the DMZ that one mile.
I am a history buff and loved visiting the Pacific islands and looking at the old battle grounds but I have no desire to ever go back to Korea.

Ron

Old 05-26-2009, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default My war was Vietnam...another tragic mistake

I don't mean to minimize the bravery and the sacrifices of the men and women that fought the wars but I have had it with the fricking politicians that send kids out to die on some fools errand. The idea that we can force some 5th Century Islamic state to become a functioning Democracy is just Nuts. Obama is a lot smarted than I am and has a lot more information than I do, but I think he is making another mistake in Afganistan...the hell with the Taliban, I am all in favor of going after Bin Laden and the others that threaten us but it seems to me that history has shown we have no chance of moving Afganistan into a funtioning democracy. I have had the opportunity to have seen the European Theater but boy would I like to see the Pacific. History is starting to reveal that we chose to take the fight to the Germans and "save" Europe and unfortunately our troops in the Pacific paid a very heavy price. In addition, it must be beautiful country to see...maybe someday.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

Sorry, but many of the issues raised above are poppycock.
#1: N Korea is not a serious threat. WHAT??? Now that they have a 10 KT weapon, and have proven the absolute willingness to sell same to Syria, Iran, etc..(and verified via NK media), how can you not see a clear and present danger? What will it take to see one?? Yes it WAS a 'tragic mistake'..allowing action via the UNITED NATIONS!
#2: Fortress America: Does not and CANNOT exist in todays world..period. The oceans can no longer shield us from the loons and Kim Jong Il's of the world.
#3:History is starting to reveal that we chose to take the fight to the Germans and "save" Europe and unfortunately our troops in the Pacific paid a very heavy price
Uhh, 'starting to reveal'? it was known Roosevelt doctrine in the 40's that Europe was first. And yes, we most certainly did SAVE Europe, so no quotes needed. And the troops in the pacific paid a heavy price because it's much easier to defend an island than a continent, and much harder to supply. Overall, the Pacific theater was handled brilliantly by Chester Nimitz.
#4: I think the poster is great. Only failure to see is that people like Bill Clinton decided to send in troops...unarmed. want to be seen as a war president, but sure don't want to hurt anybody.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Maybury View Post
392 I'm sorry but I don't find your poster to be funny. A lot of good men and women (Americans as well as people from many other nations including Canada) have been killed or injured while trying to maintain peace in the world.

I understand that you feel that your President is useless, but that is no excuse for laughing at people that have lost their lives while trying to do the right thing.

Wayne
I think the point of the post was to point out how useless the U.N. is. IMO the U.S. should have nothing to do with the anti American U.N. At the end of the first Gulf War (I was serving with the 1st Cav inside Iraq) there was talk about taking U.S military and having them operate under the U.N as a peace keeping force. All of the guys in my unit said they would take a court martial before we put on the baby blue helmet of that useless organization.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:02 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP01715 View Post
I think the point of the post was to point out how useless the U.N. is. IMO the U.S. should have nothing to do with the anti American U.N.
EXACTLY

Looks like owussie took a nap after the BBQ yesterday and forget to get a meeting together.

The NK fired off another 3 today.I betting a strongly worded postcard will be mailed out at some point.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And also said that SK joining the US in the anti-proliferation treaty 'amounted to a declaration of war' and that it (NK) no longer felt obligated to observe the armistice. Hmm...nuclear warheads and missiles capable of hitting Japan, and possibly US territory in the hands of a freaking lunatic.
Now, who was it that said NK wasn't a 'real' threat?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The BIGGEST threat from North Korea is NOT the delivery of a nuke via missile, but the selling of a nuclear bomb to terrorists.

We should tell China to take North Korea out, or we will never do business with China again. Just blockade the whole eastern Asian coast, making it a "no man's ocean!"
Which is what we should do with the Somalian coast as well!

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Well we all know ol' Gee Dubya didn't stand for any of Kim's nuclear b.s.! No postcards from him, no siree! He called 'em EVIL!!! 'Assright - yes he did - that really showed the bastards where it was at.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 05-26-2009 at 10:27 PM..
Old 05-27-2009, 01:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
North Korea is no immediate threat to anyone....

Maybe before you make statements like that you should go spend a few months at Chun Chon or just a couple of miles South of the so called DMZ. I spent the most 16 miserable months of my life in that area when the fighting was still going on and it never stopped after the so called truce. Those inbred idiots that run North Korea want nothing more than to expand their powers as they have nothing there. No food, no industry, nothing. Funny how the people who never spend a day in any place like that seem to be the experts on it.
And yes, I still have people that are there who I keep in contact with. Do you??

Ron
I'm with ya buddy!!! My lil sis is stationed in SK right now. Supposed to be getting out of the Army in 19 days!

What will the UN do about this? "Please come back to talks!" How many times has this been said and NK hasn't followed their agreement a single time! "We're putting sactions on you..." Again... how many times can you do something and they don't listen before you take a more harsh approach? Hey, this time they've even got Russia a little scared! If you believe NK poses no threat to anyone... you are a fool!

Isreal begins it's assault on Iran in T minus 5.......
Old 05-27-2009, 03:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Just my opinion but I believe that North Korea has been helping Iran and possibly Syria all along. Now if you believe they are no threat to to world security after reading this, then maybe you should move there.

Fsstnotch,

That is great news. If she hated it as much as I did, she would swim to Japan to catch a flight home. The North Koreans have over 1.5 million men just short of the DMZ all worked into a frenzy to attack the South. They aren't well trained and not as well equipped as they could be, but with their new nuclear capability, they could be a problem of monumental proportions. Good thing is if they send troops they will have to go down that valley I mentioned that I was in which is the only place near the DMZ that is flat enough for tanks and vehicles to maneuver. But just 2 miles from it puts you right on the fringe of the fighting that has gone on since the armistice was signed. I am very happy that they kept a plane ready to fly me out at any sign of them coming farther South.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090527/...korea_north_41

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 05-27-2009 at 03:54 AM..
Old 05-27-2009, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That news article is very disheartening... They WILL stop and search those ships. It will take North attacking the south to get anything higher than that done with the UN. That looks to be very bad news for my lil sis!

I especially like this part: "He reiterated that the North was no longer bound by an armistice signed at the end of the 1950-53 Korean War because Washington had ignored its responsibility as a signatory by drawing Seoul into the anti-proliferation effort."

As if they haven't dishonored their word a million times!

Last edited by fsstnotch; 05-27-2009 at 06:39 AM..
Old 05-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
They have never went by the armistice and that is why there is fighting still going on over there. Just not enough publicity for the news media to mess with and most of it is now out of sight of any of the bases. Maybe your little sister can get an early leave. Claim a hardship of some kind. The U.N. and our fearless leader will sit and wring their hands until the whole area is over ran and then want the United States to step in again like they did before. In my opinion the U.N. is a worthless waste of time. We should kick them out of the United States and let France have them, then we could use those nice buildings they have for something useful.

Ron

Old 05-27-2009, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I feel the love...

But as much fun as this is...I am off to the backroads of Eastern Oregon with the LOUD BLUE SPF to play on the mountain passes and river roads... Have a great day and thanks for the "stimulating" conversation...
Old 05-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey, if you want to have fun drive down here and we have mountains and good roads for you to drive on. Then you can go to the coast via the old stage coach route and drive back up to Oregon along the coast line.

Ron

Old 05-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Old Kim has a pretty good game on right now...blackmailing the west is working pretty good for him. And absolutely...W was a loud talker but weak on doing. It amazes me that people try to call that lump a conservative. NK has openly traded nuclear tech with Iran and Syria..no new news there. I wonder about the Chinese angle mostly. Here they are in Bejing, calmly taking over the world (with our help) and Kim comes along to throw monkey wrenches in the works. All the Chicoms need is the loon in Pyonyang to take one step too far and start a shooting war. Now, again with W...what could he have done BESIDES talk? Invade? That would have REALLY made the Chicoms happy! Bomb? Ditto. Reality says that the ONLY ones who can pressure Kim are the Chicoms since the everybody in the west refuses to work together to reduce this idiot.