Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Midstates Cobra's---Speak with Bob Kallio

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-07-2009, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 460
Not Ranked     
Default Midstates on a rotisserie?

Anyone ever put a Midstates body on a rotisserie? I am redoing the undercoat and have a chance at a rotisserie but not sure if it is worth the money/effort.

Thanks,

Brandon
Old 03-09-2009, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates work in progress, personally built 302
Not Ranked     

I built a wooden cart to hold the body while I worked on the underside. I basically layed some 2x4's on the body in the "creases" and then built the cart upside down. After putting some scrap carpet on the cart, we flipped the body over and layed it on the cart. Worked out perfectly to get good access to the underside.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

you could put it on a rotisseri if you bolt it through the holes for the front and rear bumper mounts but if the car is painted just tape everything off the best you can and use the roll on bed liner stuff it works great and looks awesome
Old 03-09-2009, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

cool, thanks guys. Once I get the road grime cleaned off I will decide if I should use the carpeted cart or roll on bedliner. I used the spray on liner for the firewall and am very happy with how it turned out so I will probably use something from the same product family on the undercoat.

Brandon
Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet!
Send a message via Yahoo to aks801
Not Ranked     

What's the status of Midstates these days? I visited their shop way back when, probably a good 10 years ago. Didn't they merge with Shell Valley or something? Always thought their cars were very high quality.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

well.............you see its like this S.V. took over Midstates in 1999 and in about 2004 they moved Midstates under their roof and things have changed ,the now use the Midstates body on the S.V. chassis.............
Old 03-10-2009, 06:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I bought mine in '00/01 from Bob K. and haven't regretted it since. I am not too familiar with the products that they put out now but I did order a few items since Bob left and have always gotten great service, not quite up to the level set by Bob, but close.

Brandon
Old 03-10-2009, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob K is a close friend of mine and i dont think anybody will ever compare to the service that he was able to provide. BUT things have changed since Bob K retired and that is a shame because they were one of the best companys to deal with and had a product that was top of the line . I love my Midstates car and will never part with it and i am looking foward to going cruising with Bob and his wife in his beautiful blue and gold Midstates Cobra
Old 03-10-2009, 09:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob K is a close personal friend and since Bob retired from the Kit industry things are not the same at Midstates .Nobody will ever compare to what he did as far as service and its a shame because there product was second to none.I love my Midstates Cobra and will never part with it and look foward to criusing with Bob and Vanessa in his stunning blue and gold Midstates Cobra.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet!
Send a message via Yahoo to aks801
Not Ranked     

Well, I had a real treat. When I visited their shop (this was sometime late 90's), Lauri K. took me for a ride in his personal blue car. He was a very nice man and I'm sure many miss him greatly.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

never got to meet Bobs dad but hear lots of good things about him , if he was anything like Bob then there was a lot of fun to be had when he was around. when i went to pick up my car (halloween day) in 2001 ,Bob let me and my wife take his red car for a drive while he closed down the shop and ordered lunch in for every body and spent the rest of the day B.S.n and loading my car on the trailer for the trip home.I miss calling the shop and talking with Chuck and Carol and Vanessa those were the days for sure.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 351C 4V
Not Ranked     
Default rustyBob

Do you have a current email address for Bob K.? I would love to drop him a line.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just talked with him today and will be seeing him friday the 20th i will ask him if its OK i think it will be but i would like to ask him first. he sounded like he was in good spirits and was looking foward to his new grand baby coming in from Colorado this week also. I will P.M. you with his email this weekend if its ok with him.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: shell valley 289 with edelbrock perfomer rpm setup.
Not Ranked     

None of those names are in business now.Shell Valley,Midstates and all of that has been
foreclosed on by a bank.I have one of those Cobra Kit Cars and it is unfinished
because they were shut down by the bank they dealt with.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

dont dispeare ,Me and every S/V/Midstates owner will help any way we can ,I to had a dream that came true and so will yours.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:05 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

i am looking for info on a midstate cobra i bought like what engine it has and other features wallbanger4809@yahoo.com
Old 01-23-2017, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

I have a Midstates/Shell Valley and I like it better than my Superformance...

(sorry Lance)....it is a street model and is smoother and more quiet and of the same or better quality...paint, hardware, ect....their web site still works ???....It will be in my estate...

Last edited by Bartruff1; 01-23-2017 at 01:59 PM..