Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Midstates Cobra's---Speak with Bob Kallio

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

both hands on steering wheel and ease down on the go pedal GENTLY.....
Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: midstates,406 block 427
Not Ranked     

my car has a 406 block bored 20 over,ross 12 to 1 pistons,ss seats in heads manley valves,294 comp cam solid lifter, 605lift with 106 lobe intake, question should i be adding a zinc additive? or certain oil? thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

do what the former owner did.......
if it has the hardened seats in the heads you should be fine wth the unleaded premiun..
if it has a flat tappet cam then make sure you run an oil with zddp in it or ad it to an oil that does not have the zddp or if its a full roller you dont need to worry about the zddp stuff.....i sent you a private message.....did you get it ???
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

at 12:1 compression you will not be fine with premium unleaded. Need to run higher octane... mix race gas or avgas with unleaded premium.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

actual comp 11.2 to 1 where can i p/u message thanks
Old 04-08-2012, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I want to try soft top, any problems driving without windows
Old 04-08-2012, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have a hard top for mine with side curtains.....when you drive with the top on and no side curtains its like being in a hurricane......the wind inside the car is horrible at highway speeds....if you put the top on use the side curtains with it.....
Old 04-09-2012, 01:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default roof

thanks, do you use top for fall or all year...
Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It depends.....if its cool out i can run the top and the heater, if its hot out and you have the top on its like being in a sauna.....if its hot out without the top on my bald spot gets sun burned.....so you really have to experiment......the hard top is easier to take on and off but it does take 2 people and its harder to store.....i dont have a soft top and never wanted one....i dont like the looks of the soft top....
Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

you got your top through midststes? did you match car color,i like the way they look...russ
Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

yes, i got it from Midstates and had it painted when i had the car painted.....
sending you another private message.....
Old 04-18-2012, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I own a 2001 midstates cobra, does anyone know where to find rear shocks and rear brake lines..im looking to replace them but they are different than the new ones, any info will be great...shocks have cup on top...
Old 08-16-2012, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Ford 302 w/ dual Holley 4160's
Not Ranked     

Where is the best place to get a hard and/or soft top for a Midstates now?

I just bought a kit from a guy in SD with a 302 and Tremec 3550 to a 9" rear. The rear has 3.5 gears. The car basically is the roller kit with the drive/powertrain installed. Still need to do interior and body work, along with mirror and roll bar type dress-up pieces.

Fritz
Old 08-16-2012, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates 427 / ERA 289 USRRC
Not Ranked     

You may be able to buy the Top from Shell Valley who took over Midstates.

If your looking for accurate period correct stuff like Dash, Rollbar, Quick Jacks etc.. Then Nick Acton with Acton Custom is your man. His username on here is Mickmate. If you want to see what his Dash/Rollbar looks like on a midstates then check out my build thread here: Midstates Update !

Thanks, Mike
Fritz likes this.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

'92 round tube black on black on black with lots of polished alum & Stainless (very little chrome)
Cobra II black with polished rim halibrand's (15") -- cant find decent track tires....
Bought used, re worked most everything.
Custom "foot box" with willwood masters and billet three chamber remote, tilton pedals (got an extra ~2" of leg room, very needed!)
mustang II front with QA1 coil-over's, custom aluminum hubs, willwood brakes. Had too lower the rack about 9/16" to get rid of some bump steer
9" 4 link rear, Granada brakes, strange axles and limited slip, custom pan hard, way low and long.
TKO 600 with short midshift, hydraulic actuated clutch, steel 57 tooth flywheel (o balanced) and a center force clutch (just killed it after about 2K miles)
351 Windsor, forged 3.18 stroke crank , forged .040 over dish top (10.8 :1) Barnettt ported Procomp heads (hate em) STST roller rockers, hydraulic roller cam and lifters (~600 lift) procomp "victor Jr" (hate it) quick fuel 850; custom 1 5/8 headers into side pipes (ceramic coated everything). EVERY (even the valve cover studs) fastener is ARP, "cosmetic" fasteners polished stainless. Very polished and looks fantastic. 453 Hp @5800; 513 Ft/Lbs @ 4200.
Victor water pump, custom two row, 1.5 each alum rad (~18 X 24) running an EMP stewart electric "assist" pump, and a modified EMP IACS (fancy stepper motor controlled "thermostat") - still can't get it to run cool wide open at "moderate speeds"
Have D3 headed drysump 358 (545 Lbs, 810 Hp) going in next winter ....
Old 09-11-2013, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down New Owner

Just purchased a 2001 Midstates Cobra. Seems to be a bit different that most, Chevrolet powered, small block stroked and bored to 406 CI, mated to a Chevrolet automatic.

I believe the chassis was manufactured by Midstates square tube construction. Not sure of front suspention or rear end either. Will need further investigation to determine whats under the car.

My serial number is 35502-2N-S177FF, is anyones number close to mine? I called the factory and they have no information regarding Midstates production. So thats seems to be a dead end.

Anyway, the seller was hightly motivated and needed to move the car so it was extremly cheap. Actually bought it to give to my wife for her 60th birthday. Thinking I might change the color it is now silver but should be cobra blue with white stripes.

brasscarguy
2001 Midstates Cobra
1994 Ferrari 348 spyder
1982 Ferrari 500i cabriolet
2006 Mercedes SLK 230
Old 09-29-2022, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates 427" Stroker Smallblock with Trick flow heads
Not Ranked     
Default My Midstates Cobra

Here's mine

427 Stroker Windsor, ported trick flow Twisted Wedge Heads, (flow around 280 @.500 lift) 10.5:1 compression, ported Ford Motorsports (Victor Junior) intake, 800 Edelbrock AVS tuned perfectly. mild comp 232/237@.050 cam. Revs to 6000 feels just like an FE 427 according to people who drove real ones.

Round tube chassis, 9" ford rear, Tremec with a Scattershield

Body is Honda Black Currant Pearl with silver pearl stripes, Compomotives all around
Attached Images

JTMCOBRA likes this.

Last edited by Streetwize; 08-02-2023 at 10:07 AM..
Old 10-12-2022, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default My Midstate

Hi

Here is my Midstate from 1989.
427 side Oiler stoke at 450.

I just bought it, and it just crossed the Atlantic to be here at home in France

Round tube frame
4 speed top loaders.

I am looking for information to redo the front end and rear end and where to find the parts

Pierre from France !!
Old 05-10-2023, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MidStates, 351C, 4spd, 9"
Send a message via AIM to krausewich
Not Ranked     

Picked up my Mid-States several years ago, and have been picking through it slowly, refreshing, repairing, upgrading. She's going through a full upholstery redo, starting from the trunk and moving forward.Trying something different that I hope folks like. She's getting larger custom seats that I created along w/ new upholstery all done in house, a new ally dash with Smiths and a bunch of custom hardware and lighting. The engine bay has seen the footboxes straightened and painted white, heat wrapped and a new ally firewall made.. Block/accessory paint, air gap intake with an EFI system and new radiator are coming soon. Headers and sidepipes have been polished and heat wrapped and are just waiting their return. Lucas PL's and LED's brighten the exterior and some driving lights may be on the schedule soon as well. The journey has been fun, but I can't wait to drive!

M. Krause