17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-08-2003, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Mile Hi Cobra Club Updates

Just a few things.

1st. Thank Karl for the go kart event yesterday. We will have pictures posted soon on the web page. My arms are starting to get feeling back. 10 minutes in a go kart is a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. Thanks again.

2nd. Check out the web site for a new and updated calendar of our planned events for Summer 2003. If you are planning to go to any of these, please call the person listed to confirm. If there is hotel involved (Hooper, Neb, Steamboat Springs or Aspen) , you will need to call the hotel and confirm your reservations with the hotel. For the number of the hotel call the contact person. You will also want to call the contact person to make sure the date has not been changed and also so we can have a number of people to plan on. In other words, let us know what you are doing.

3rd. The May 3rd and 4th PPIR Open Track event is still going to be run. Call Scott Piper for details.

4th. The first Sunday drive is scheduled for May 25th and will be hosted by Wayne and Ardith Mininger. This will start in Greeley and will be a drive up the Poudre Canyon. This is going to be a beautiful drive so you should have it on your calendar. For the folks in Northern Colorado who have expressed concern about the lack of Northern Colorado events, this is what you asked for. We as a club have responded to your request, now the ball is in your court.

5th. Midstates Owner Group. This is still scheduled for the last week end in May. If you interested, call me. I am going and would love to have some more MHCC Midstates and Shell Valley cars on the trip. You will want to trailer your car. We just got back from a trip to Kearney, Neb. and this is a long drive. Could be fun. Let me know your interest.

6th. Steamboat Springs Mustang Roundup. If you are thinking of this, now would be the time to send in your registration to the Mustang people. Last year they ran out of space and so you should have your registration in now, if you want a space on Saturday. Their web site is www.rmmr.org. For room information call either Wayne at 970-346-9923 or me at 303-699-4819. We are planning a MHCC Drive for Saturday after the car show and a BBQ Dinner, so we need to know soon if you are planning on this trip.

7th. This is a reminder that the SCCA Solo II Summer Series event #2 is this Sunday, April 13th at Coors Field parking lot B. The first event was attended by at least 5 MHCC members, three of which brought their cars. This is a low pressure autocross event that will test your driving skills and let you push your cobra past the limits of adhesion with very little danger of damaging your car. The cost will be $35 for three runs. I suggest that you plan on arriving at the lot by 7:30 am to give you plenty of time to walk the course. All you need is your car, a tire pressure gauge, lunch, a cooler full of water or soft drinks, perhaps a folding chair or two, sunscreen and a helmet. Tech inspection is simple, they check for loose items in the trunk, make sure that you remove your floor mats and make sure that your wheels are tight. I suggest that you arrive with 25 lbs of air in your tires and a full tank of fuel for extra weight on the rear tires. You must pre-register at the rmsolo web site two days prior to the race and apply for a number for the season - 289 and 427 are already taken - sorry! We will run in the OSP class. As novice drivers we are allowed to take passengers on the runs so bring an extra helmet for a family member or friend. See the web site for details:

http://www.rmsolo.org/

Here are the directions to Coors Field parking lot B: From I25 take the 20th street exit and head towards down town. Turn left on Market street and left again on 27th street.

I hope to see more MHCC members this Sunday. We took the first three places in OSP in the first event, help defend the honor of the MHCC. As always our cobras attract lots of attention and there will be plenty of time to kick tires with the vette and porsche owners. There were 250 participants at the last Solo II and the event was very well organized.

Dick Thompson
303-699-4819
thompson660@cs.com