LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2003, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Club Update

Club Update:

So you have been asking, "What has the Mile Hi Cobra Club been up too lately?"

Well, here is what I remember of the last couple weeks and also some reminders for you to consider.

1) 5/23 - Driving School organized by Bob Brungardt. 13 Cobras (plus a few other cars) attended a class at Second Creek Raceway put on by Bob Brungardt, Walt and Chip Hane and Roland Linder. Great day spend learning how to drive our cars. The instructors showed us the proper line and then spend the day riding and instructing. Learned a bunch about how to handle the car and had a very good time. When Bob plans another one of these, plan to sign up early as space is limited and these will be very popular. Thanks to Bob and the crew. Check out the website (www.milehicobraclub.com) for some pictures of the day.

2) 5/25 - Miningers Muffin and Mountain Motorcade. Wayne and Ardith had 30 Cobras at their home in Greeley for Breakfast. There is a petition by their neighbors to have them have one of these every week. They loved the cars and did not seem to mind not having any parking spaces left and the noise. Then we all left for a drive to the Poudre Canyon and then ended up in Severance for lunch at Bruce's Bar. (They taste like chicken). Then home before the rain. What a day. Thank you Wayne and Ardith. We do have pictures on the web site (www.milehicobraclub.com). Check it out and be sure and plan on Val Valentine's drive for 6/29.

3) 5/30 - Midstates Owners Group in Hooper, Neb. Bob Kallio at Midstates and Rich Anderson at Shell Valley invited us to a weekend in Neb. Dave White, Dale Knight and yours truly, decided it was worth the drive and went. Guess what? IT WAS WORTH THE DRIVE!!! These folks really know how to make you feel at home and we made some real good friends over the week end. Nice people. Had a great cruise to Omaha with lunch on the river and then a short tour of old town. Had 30 Cobras show up, plus Rich Anderson brought a Cheetah and a 32 Ford Roadster. Dinner Saturday was real nice. One of the high lights of our trip was a short tour of Gessford in Hastings by George Anderson. Saw lots of high performance parts and engines. If you have not meet George and his crew at Gessford, Bob and his crew at Midstates or Rich and his crew at Shell Valley, you are missing some of the best people in the Cobra Replica Business. Plan on doing this next year. Check out the site (www.milehicobraclub.com) for some Pictures.

Now a few reminders of upcoming stuff:

1) Steamboat Springs. It is too late to sign up for the show, but you can still go with us. We have 15 Cobra's signed up for the show and drive after. Let me know if you would like to attend. We are planning 3 times to leave on Friday. How about meeting at the Buffalo Herd Overlook at 8 AM, 1 PM and 5 PM? If any of these work, let me know and I will schedule so we can look for you.

2) Brag and Drag in Golden on 6/7. I had hoped to make it, but have to clean some bugs off of the Cobra. (Do not ask Dave about the bird.) If you are interested and need more details about time and place, call or email me for details.

3) Exotic Car Show at Araphoe College. 6/8. Do not know much about this, but Dave White is going. If you have any interest call him at 303-791-7222 & please do not ask about the bird.

4) SCCA Solo II in Colorado Springs - 6/8. Call Keith at 303-940-7958 or Brandon at 303-763-8685 for more details.

5) Mid Americruise - Lincoln, Neb. 6/27 to 6/29. Shell Valley and Midstates are sponsoring a drive from their factories to Lincoln for the Mid Americruise sponsored by Kit Car Magazine, Street Rodder, Custom Rodder, Rod and Custom, and Classic Trucks. Looks like a lot of fun. Contact Shell Valley (Ann) at 402-246-2355 or me at 303-699-4819 for more details.

6) Club Clash at Bandimere - Friday 6/27. Any interest?? Call Keith at 303-940-7958 or Brandon at 303-763-8685.

7) 6/28 BBQ at the Piper's. 2 to 6 PM. Check out Scott's pictures on the Web Site and look at that Garage!!!! I am eating in the Garage. You have got to see this. You have got to do this. RSVP to Karen at Karen@thepipers.org soon.

8) OK. You are saying that I have notified you of something to do every week end except 6/21. That is the week end you do not have Family in from Oakland. You do not have a dentist appointment on 6/21. You do not have to paint the house cause you did that last week end. So, what do you plan to do on 6/21. How about a drive and show in Fredrick, Colorado? CC & R Automotive is hosting their 3rd Annual Cool, Classy and Rocking Car Show on 6/21 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM in Fredrick, Co. Call for more details and to RSVP at 303-833-2076.

That is all I know for now.I am sure I am missing something, so let me know.

Dick Thompson
303-699-4819
Old 06-20-2003, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi Dick,

It seems the Mile High people are very busy.

I am travelling through from L.A to Missouri for the Run N Gun in October. Decided to drive as so many people haver suggested this.

I will fly back from Chicago to L. A

Anyway, whats happening in mid October. I will be driving through about the 14th and 15th.

Just prior I will be attending the Australian Cobra nationals in New South Wales. I drive back to Melbourne Victotria then fly out.

I know I will be in Colorado for about a day or so.

Is there any particular business of club garage etc. I should look at.

Email kni-time@bigpond.com

After the Run n Gun I have a few visits to Finishline, Shelby American and NHRA Drag meet. So should have plenty to do after.

Is anyone going to the Run n Gun from the Mile High Club?

let me know

Cheers

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 06-21-2003, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie,

I do not know at this time who might attend the Run & Gun. Am hopeful some will make it this year from the Mile Hi Cobra Club.

We would love to see you and your car in October. We do not have a club garage (but it is a great idea) but do need to plan something for October. I am thinking of the Shelby Musuem in Boulder for a meeting and tour. Only problem is that they are only open on Saturday. This tour is well worth the time and I am sure you (as well as our membership) would enjoy. Let me know if a Saturday would work for you and I will set it up. If not a Saturday, let me know your exact plans and we will at least meet you for dinner or lunch some day.

Dick Thompson