28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2003, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default More Events for Mile Hi Cobra Club

Check out the web site: www.milehicobraclub.com for pictures of the events so far this year.

Here is what I have for July/August so far. Let me know if you find out about anything else that sounds like fun.

1) Colorado National Speedway 7/12/03
Colorado National Speedway has invited us out for an evening. 7/12/03
They have approximately 30' x 60' of space outside their main entrance where we can place multiple cars for initial display as fans enter the facility. They ask that display are in place by 3:00 PM when their gates open.

They will include six of the cars in a parade lap during the intermission program. At approximately 30 minutes prior to intermission they will take the six cars with their owners around to the back of turn 4 and have the cars do an individual parade lap. As each car takes their lap the track announcer will talk about the car, year, etc., This information is provided by each owner. All participants will need to be 18 years or older.

They will provide a $3.00 adult discount coupon to all participants that bring a car for display. Admission prices are:

$13.00 Adults (15 and up)
$ 5.00 Youth (10 - 14)
Kids under 10 are free (limited two per paying adult)

They have full concession available or the participants may bring in food in a soft sided cooler, drinks can be brought in a plastic container. No glass, aluminum cans or alcohol may be brought in.

We have the 6 cars for Parade Lap. Let me know if you want to come watch so I can have coupons for you. RSVP to me at Thompson660@cs.com or 303-699-4819.

2) Al and Deanna Bockman's Triple By Pass Sunday Drive - 7/13/03
Be fueled up ready to leave Wal-Mart parking lot at Evergreen Parkway and I-70 at 8:30. We will be going over Squaw Pass, Loveland Pass and Fremont Pass to Leadville. Have your Cobra squeaky clean because we're working on having a city block on Main Street in Leadville reserved for an instant car show. We'll spend about an hour showing the cars and then proceed to the La Cantina restaurant for some great Mexican Food.

RSVP to Dick at 303-699-4819 or thompson660@cs.com or Al Bockman at 303-690-5402 or ad303@yahoo.com. We need a count to reserve the parking and also for lunch.

3) Club Clash at Bandimere. 7/25/03 5:00 PM
Let's get a group together for this!!! Help Brandon and Keith out on the points and do have a good time. How many times have you been asked "What will it do the quarter mile in?" Well, now you can answer that question. (By the way, if the tech. inspector asks that question , say "I do not know cause I have not raced before." Do not tell them less than 13 seconds). You can drive your car just as hard as you want. Do not have to hurt it and you will have a good time. It is harder than it looks on T.V. (at least for me) and a lot more fun.
RSVP to Brandon at 303-763-8685 or brandon3b@yahoo.com or Keith at 303-940-7958 or KEITH_HAL@msn.com.

4) 3rd Annual Mile Hi Cobra Club Poker Run 7/27/03
We do not have the details for this yet, but will soon. Put it on your calendar as it is a do not miss trip. (Even if it rains and some people chicken out on bringing the Cobra)

5) 3rd Annual Mile Hi Cobra Club Aspen Get A Way (Aspen or Bust)
Another do not miss trip. We have the rooms blocked at Snowmass Mountain Chalet for August 14 to 17. Rate is still only $89 per room and includes covered parking. Call them at 800-843-1579 to reserve your room. We are working on final plans for this also and will let you know soon.

Dick Thompson
303-699-4819