17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-16-2004, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Any FFR Owners in SW Colorado?

I'm considering purchasing a FFR kit and am curious of there are any FFR owners in southwest Colorado. I live in Pagosa Springs. I'd love to have the opportunity to see a completed FFR as well as meet an owner who has the "build" expertise. I had the opportunity to autocross a '64 Shelby 289 Cobra way back when, and I'd love to have the Cobra experience once again.

Joe Hannigan
Old 02-16-2004, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Joe,

I do not know of any FFR Cobras in the SW part of Colorado. We do have some in Colorado Springs and quite a few here in Denver Area. If and when you get up this Direction, let me know and I am sure we can get a couple for you to look at and visit with the owners.
Check out our web site www.milehicobraclub.com for some of our Planned events this summer. We are coming your way in July. So far we have 23 cars signed up for our cruise which will stop for two nights in Durango. 7/23 and 7/24. We will be staying at the Iron Horse. Come on over and you will not only see some FFR but also a good variety of all manufactures.

Dick Thompson
Old 02-16-2004, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Cool

Hi Dick,

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I can't wait to stand beside the road and drool as you all go by! I'll definitely be over in Durango that day to see the cars in person. There is a fair chance that this summer some time my wife and I will be headed over to the Denver/Springs area and would love to have the opportunity to talk to a current owner/builder! Can't wait for July to roll around! Best wishes to all for a safe trip!

Joe
Old 02-18-2004, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five 302EFI
Not Ranked     

I live in Colorado Springs. I do not know how far you are from here...but I love showing off my factory five and you are welcome to come by some weekend and check it out. I spent 2 years building this car. Paint and all. I would be happy to talk with you and help you.

Rich
Old 02-18-2004, 01:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rich,

You should check out our club Web Site. www.milehicobraclub.com
We have had a lot of drives south and would love it if you would join up with us.

We are planning our Val's Zig Zag Drive for May 16th. We will end up in Colorado Springs at the old RailRoad Station for lunch. We had 30 cars (Including some Vipers and Corvette Z06's) last year for this drive and it was great.

Also check out our plans for our Cruise Colorado in July. We already have 23 Cobra's signed up and are looking for as many 50 for a 4 day trip. It will be great.

Dick Thompson
Old 02-18-2004, 07:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five 302EFI
Not Ranked     

Hi Dick,
I have been watching the mile high cobra web site. I was glad to see there was a cobra gig going on nearby. I am watching your web-site for something to get involved with. I moved here from California last summer and I am anxious to get out and meet some fellow enthusiasts, but most of all I am anxious to get out and cruise with others who own the baddest machines to melt the pavement. I may go on your cruise through the mountains for 3 days. I will definitely hook up with you all for any 1 day get-togethers. Thanks for working on something to get us all together and I am anxious to help the cause.
Rich
Old 02-18-2004, 09:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Thanks Rich!

Thanks Rich! Very generous of you to offer - I live about 250 miles away, but my wife and I may be able to make a trip over to Colorado Springs this summer some time - I'd love to see your FFR and have the chance to meet you!

If you participate in the July Mile Hi Cobra Club's Cruise Colorado trip over to Durango, you'll be coming through Pagosa Springs - I plan to be in Durango on one of the days the club is there. What a great opportunity!

I'm impressed by the camaraderie of all the Cobra owners! Thanks again,

Joe