Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2004, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Weather forecast for Sunday 5/16/04

Weather forecast for Sunday 5/16/04.

Denver, CO High 72 Low 51. 30% chance of Isolated T-Stroms in the afternoon.
Estes Park,CO High 65 Low 39. 30% chance of Isolated T-Stroms in the afternoon.

Chance of you having fun in your Cobra on this drive - 100%
Chance of you having fun with your Cobra parked in your garage at your home - 0%.
Chance of the Avalanche or the Nuggets winning - 0% Chance of the Rockies winning - Slim.

So how about a drive to Estes Park????

Ok, here is the plan. Meet at Foss Drug in Golden at 8 AM. Drive the Peak to Peak Hiway to Nederland and meet the North folks there at 9 AM. The Convience Store at the turn to Estes Park. Then drive to Estes Park for Lunch at 11:00 at The Tavern at Mary's Lake Lodge. Lunch is $7.95 each not including tax, tip and drink. Choice is Tavern Burger, Vegetable Pocket, Portabello Burger, Tuna Melt, Grilled Rueben or a French Dip. Then drive back down the Big Thompson Canyon and home. How does that sound? If you want to go, let me know. thompson660@cs.com or 303-699-4819
I also need to know what you want for lunch so they can have enough for us. If you do not let me know, you might not get your 1st choice for lunch.
So far I have 2 Viper's, 1 Austin Healey and 3 Cobra's signed up.
PS - In case you did not notice, you do not have to drive a Cobra to come on our trips. If yours is not running (Been there - done that) or you are worried about Rain (Have not been there - done that), you can bring what ever you want. Cobra is not required.

5/15/04. "Sweet Summer Streets Car Show at Rosie's ". Rosie's Diner in Aurora (NW Corner of Iliff and Blackhawk). Outdoor Karaoke, Games, Prizes, Raffles, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Milkshakes, etc. 4:00 to 9:00 PM. Not that it matters, but Dick will go to this one. He promised the manager to have at least one Cobra there.

5/22/04. The Cougar Club rescheduled their Cougar Fest for 5/22/04. And the Young Guns Racing fund raiser also rescheduled their show and car wash for 5/22/04.

So, I am thinking (again). How about the South people meeting at 9:30 at the King Soopers Parking lot at I-25 and Hampden. Then we drive to the Cougar Club (I-25 and I-70 area) The North people could meet us there. Look around at what they have and at the cars and then leave at about 12:00 and drive to Fuddruckers for lunch and the car show fund raiser for Young Guns Racing. Then you can go home whenever you are ready to. Let me know what you think of this idea.

6/12/04. Ponderosa Roadies Car Show. Car registration and Staging from 10 am to 1 PM, immediately following the Parker Days Country Festival Parade. At the Super Walmart Parking Lot in Parker. Entry Fee is $15 in advance and $20 day of show. Classes include one for Kit Cars. If you are interested let me know and I can send you a registration form.

Dick Thompson
303-699-4819
thompson660@cs.com
Old 05-10-2004, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Forecast for Bradford, West Yorkshire - pissing it down

Please invite us over guys
Wilfs always raving about you all.
Mike.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default OOPS

Mikey

Our weather in Colorado is one of the best keep secrets. More sunny days than most anywhere in the world. And we are a mile closer to the sun, so when it does snow or rain, it does warm up real fast. You are invited to join us on any of our drives. Let us know and we will find you room. (Not for you, for your Cobra)

Check out our web site at www.milehicobraclub.com.

Dick
Old 05-17-2004, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Love it when a plan comes together.

For Dick and Candy's First Attempt at organizing a drive, the Gods were on our side (or there was some great planning done).

The day started out a little cool. Actually it was cold. But we have been colder. The East bunch started out at King Soopers and picked up a few more at the BP Station and meet up the rest at the Foss Drug in Golden. Had 15 total cars to start with in Golden. Left Golden and broke up into three groups for the drive up to Nederland. In Nederland we all joined up again (Was it good planning on Candy and Dick's part or just plain luck - We will never know for sure). Also found some folks from up north at Nederland and got our car total to 20. This was the first annual Mile Hi Cobra Club Nederland Unannounced Car Show. Only person who did not come to see the cars is in a shed on ice.
Then we started up Peak To Peak Hiway. Again, with either great planning on Dick and Candy's part or some more dumb luck, we had the Hiway to ourselves. Only saw 3 other cars the whole way to Estes Park, and they got out of our way. Did not see one Mini Van on the road. Wonder how Dick and Candy got all them to stay at home?
Then we all had lunch at Mary's Lake Lodge. The parking lot is great with some excellent views of Mary's Lake and the mountains. And if that is not enough, how about that lunch? Great lunch and excellent service.
After lunch it started to look more and more like rain, so most of us started for home. Some went back down Peak to Peak, some went down Hiway 36 and a few of us did the Big Thompson Canyon. (Wonder if it is related to Dick?) Since we did not let any of the Mini Vans out in the morning, they were out for the afternoon drive. But this is OK because it did not rain. So more great planning or some more of that famous luck, NO RAIN.
Speaking of luck, Good news for the day is -- Dick's car did not break down. Thank you, Gary. Patrick Laurie had a little clutch problem, but we found the Mayor of Nederland is also the local mechanic and he was quite happy to help out with the problem and Patrick was able to finish the trip with us.

Thank you all for the day. I really feel great when I see everyone with smiles. These cars are sure fun and we sure do know how to enjoy them and the Colorado we live in.

Be sure and check the web site soon for the pictures of the day. www.milehicobraclub.com

While you are there (www.milehicobraclub.com) Do not forget to get your reservations in and get signed up for the First Annual Cruise Colorado.

Dick Thompson