10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-03-2004, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Mile Hi Cobra Club Update

The Mile Hi Cobra Club has continued to be very busy. Two weeks ago we went (about 10 of us) to the Cougar Fest and then down to The Young Guns Car Show. Check out the web site (www.milehicobraclub.com) for some pictures of the two events. Had so many cars at the Young Guns Show, we got the club participation award. One of the highlights of the show was Shelby Lane's Daytona Coupe. Looks good and runs even better.

Last Saturday, 6 of your brave members did go to Georgetown to ride the train. Even Val Valentine came over from Grand Junction. Pictures will be on the web site soon (www.milehicobraclub.com) It was really cold and rain did come. Even looked like snow for a while so we cut it short and headed for home early. Never made it to Breckenridge, but did end up at The Scofields for a BBQ Saturday Night.

If you have paid your dues and not received your Windshield Sticker, drop me a note and I will send it to you. If you have not paid your dues, why don't you? There is a surprise coming up for all dues paid members only. Something really really cool. I cannot tell you about it yet, but it will be real cool and you will want to go.

Dan Marques is looking for some recommendations for upholstery shops. If you want to recommend a shop, let me know and I will forward to him and post it on the web site on the New Cobra Service Register.

So now what is going on??

If you have not signed up the Cruise Colorado, June 11 is the dead line. The hotel rooms go away after this and I cannot get you a shirt. Check out the information on this on the Site (www.milehicobraclub.com) We have 27 cars signed up and you will be sorry if you do not come with us.

This weekend is the OCCC Swap Meet. We have lots of parts to sell and lots of you have volunteered to help. Thank you. We will be taking pictures and counting our money soon. If you get out on Sunday, stop by. (Adams County Fair Grounds) We should have 10 to 15 cars at the show.

Saturday 6/5 There is a car show in Old Town Fort Collins on Saturday 6/5. If you are interested, Aron Kriss has the details. He is also going to organize the Cobra's so we all park together. Call or email him at 970-223-0211 or ASKRISS@aol.com.

Saturday 6/5 Some of our members have already volunteered to use their cars in the Parade for the Miss Colorado Pageant on Sat in Black Hawk. Contact Dan Stienwagner for details cobradanp@aol.com or 303-431-5167

Check out the information on the web site about Open Track Days. Next one is June 26 at the State Patrol Track in Golden. These are really fun ways to see what that Cobra will do when you put your foot in it. Cost is only $120 per day.

Saturday 6/12 We have been invited to participate in the 2004 Annual Rhubarb Festival Parade in Pine Colorado. This is a festival that benefits the North Fork Volunteer Fire Dept. If you are interested in this, let Colleen Johnson know at colleenj@ecollege.com or 303-522-3140.

Sunday 6/20 Tri Lakes Cruisers Car Show at Rosie's Diner in Monument. 11AM to 4PM. If you are interested in this call Bill at 719-481-2465 or www.tlcruisers.org. I will not be going as I have not forgotten the last time I went to Monument. Pay really good attention to the speed limit signs in this town. If you do not, say hi to officer Bill for me.

June 17 to 20 Get Ready to celebrate 40 years of Mustang Fun!!!
Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup. check it out at http://www.rmmr.org If you are going, you need to make reservations soon. Tom Scofield and Al Bockman are planning a drive up so let them know if you are interested. Tom at 720-344-9020 or Al at ad303@yahoo.com or 303-690-5402

June 27 LaMars DoNut run. Details to be announced soon.

That is about it for June. As I find other stuff, I will let you know and we will be posting events on the web site. Check out the web site every once in a while for updates.

Dick
303-699-4819
Old 06-03-2004, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

I'm a member of the "Mile High Cessna Club".