LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2004, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default What a weekend.

Mile Hi Cobra Club

What a weekend.

Friday was the Annual Christmas Party at Marlowe's - downtown. Had a wonderful time and saw a lot of you (50). Kind of hard to recognize some of you when you get all dressed up. No rain gear on and the ladies hair was all combed so nice. Not wind blown like we are most of the time on drives. Food was great and so was the party.
Thank you to Marcee Scofield, Kim Knight, JoAnne Patrick and Candy Thompson for all you did for this party.
Also thank you to the sponsors - Dale Knight, JoAnne Patrick, Rick Orton, Dan Steinwagner, Lou Rivera, Marcee Scofield, Dick Thompson and those ever popular Rip Cords.

Saturday was the Annual Shelby Party and I got to go (Thank you Dale Knight). Saw a lot of you there also. It was real hard to find all of you because of the crowd (400+) and again you were dressed up for a change. Got a signature on a picture of my car from Carroll Shelby and also Bob Bondurant. They were really nice and seemed to have a good time. Great food and drink. I think I am getting spoiled.
I have pictures of both of these and we will be posting them soon on the web site. Check it out at www.milehicobraclub.com.

Sunday was nice enough to get the Cobra out for a short run. It has been a while and I would like to thank Gary Patrick one more time for the rewire last year. The car started without a dead battery. Sure does help to have it wired right.

A couple of things to think about and plan for:

1) Saturday 12/11. Doug Brown tells me that Phil Long has a GT for us to see. Also a red/white 2005 Mustang GT. The Weather Channel says it is supposed to be 57 degrees with no snow on Saturday. So ------- How about lets go look and see? Doug will have special parking for us at Phil Long Ford. 7887 W Tufts at Wadsworth. How about we meet there at 10:30 and then go to lunch at Fuddruckers - 5076 S Wadsworth? Doug has only arranged 10 special spots so let me know if you are coming with your Cobra and I will reserve one for you. OK?
2) Saturday 1/15/05 We are planning our annual meeting for this date. More details to follow. Just put it on your calendar for now and we will let you know more later. Also be thinking of what you liked last year and what you did not like. Also if you would like to volunteer for anything, please let me know what you would like to do. We also need to elect officers so be thinking of an office you would like to have. And we will be collected dues and selling shirts, so do not spend all your money for Christmas gifts.

If Candy and I do not have a chance to see you before Christmas, please have a good Christmas and a Happy Holiday season.

Dick Thompson