10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-01-2005, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Mile Hi Cobra Club Photo Shoot Day

As promised at our annual meeting I will be organizing a photo shoot for our club members and their cars.

Date: May 15 th, 2005

Time: Staging Begins at 9am, Final group picture to be taken at 10am

Individual pictures will be taken before and after the group shoot

Rain date: May 22 nd, 2005

There will be at least one airplane, a Pitts S2B, in the background of each individual photo and in the group photo as well. The Flat Iron Mountains will be in the background as well. We have also invited the owners of two additional planes, but have not received confirmation on them as of yet. The shoot will take place on the tarmac of the airport.

Because this is an active airport I am going to cap the shoot to the first 40 Cobra's that reply to me. To get on the list you also must be a paid member of the Mile Hi Cobra Club. If you are not sure of your status, please contact Dick Thompson at thompson660@cs.com I'd like Cobra's only but will open it up to other cars if we don't get 40 people and will let everyone know by the week before the shoot. There will be no cost for this activity. There may be the opportunity for those so inclined to go up for a flight in an aerobatic plane for a cost if anyone is interested (Dick is the first to sign up for a ride).

After the shoot we can head up to The Darkhourse or other such place for lunch.

Right now I am planning on taking the photos with an 8 mega pixel camera. I will give people access to their photos from the web and will also make print outs for people if they reimburse me for the cost of the photo paper (probably in the $2 per copy range). You will also be able to take the file that you download and have it professionally printed if you wish.

Please e-mail me at scott@thepipers.org with your RSVP. When we did a picture day a few years ago we had 28 cars show up. We only had 26 members of the club. We now have over 80 members and so we are expecting to fill up fast.

From Denver:

Broadway (I-93) north to Valmont or I-36 to north Flatirons Pkwy to Valmont. East on Valmont to Airport Road - about 1 mile. (That's from Flatirons Pkwy &Valmont. Maybe 5 miles from Broadway.) (Beware the speeding photo thingy east of Flatirons Pkwy &Valmont - facing east for westbound traffic.) Left on Airport Road to the T. Left at the T. Merge left onto the ramp - Watch for traffic!!! Follow the fence next to the lake to the left (south) to the Big patch-o-grass. Trailer parking on the patch-o-grass.