LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2006, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2482 Shelby/Roush 427
Not Ranked     
Smile snakebitten and in need of info

Hi everyone,
I have been a avid fan of Cobras, Mustangs, and anything you would see at a Saturday car show. I currently have a 68 conv mustang but I'm ready to take the plunge and sell it to purchase a Superformance Cobra. I have done a lot of research but any input anyone has would be invaluable. I plan on joining the Mile Hi Cobra club and hopefully coming to the Jan meeting. I am currently the VP of the Early Mustang Club but don't thing anyone would have a problem seeing a Cobra pull up to the meeting. Look forward to any input I can get in the future.
Scott Meredith
Old 12-06-2006, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2457, Sunset Red/Titanium Stripes,460FR, SCJA, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Find what you like, buy it and enjoy it. Driving a Cobra is an experience unlike any other, IMO.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I agree, whole-heartedly!!! I wish I was able to buy mine YEARS earlier!

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'd suggest driving a couple different manufacturers before you buy. Not saying there's anything wrong with SPF, it's a great car. But each is a little different and you might find something you like better.
Larry
Old 12-06-2006, 10:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Brock Coupe
Not Ranked     

Congrats for the decision to step up! Superformance makes great cars; I'm sure all the guys over at the Mustang club will forgive you even though they'll be jealous as can be. Be sure to try a Superformance Coupe before you pull the trigger...More spohisticated in terms of chassis design, but slightly heavier than the roadster. Either way you're gonna' love it! Badger
Old 12-06-2006, 10:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Brock Coupe
Not Ranked     

Before you make any decision on a chassis know who you will work with on the engine build, trans' selection and install. The real satisfaction with these cars is knowing that everything that makes them perform is done right. The details are what make any specially built car better (or worse) than everything else that's out there. Talk to long time owners and ask what they'd do differently if they had to do it again. You can't be too educated! Most important? Have fun!...and don't be afraid to ask questions. The guys that know best will always help if they know you are really interested. These are cars that should be driven not waxed to death. Badger
Old 12-07-2006, 05:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique w. 408 Windsor
Not Ranked     

If you are in the Denver area I would be happy to discuss my experience with the Unique Motorcars 427. I am in the middle of my build right now with the body at the paint shop - and I'm enjoying every bit of it!
Old 12-07-2006, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

If you are ready to buy or build I would strongly suggest that you check out other mfgs such as ERA or Shelby. I believe they are all in the same price range as SPF and then look at Shell Valley, Backdraft, B&B or Hurricane.

One of the best engine builders is very close to you in Hastings Nebraska, George Anderson owns GESSFORD MACHINE SHOP. He knows the FE engine better than most as well as the small block and can put you in a well performing car very quickly. I think he also is the distributor for Shelby.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 12-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Seasoned Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C, Dart 427W "Replica" Ford engine
Not Ranked     

Scott;
Whatever you do, hold on to that Mustang if you can. No matter how much you love your new Cobra you'll always regret selling the 'Stang.
Bill Stradtner
Old 12-07-2006, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 739
Not Ranked     

Same here if you live in the Denver area...after a lot of review, I am building an ERA. Contact me if I can help you.

Kramer...
Old 12-12-2006, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Scott,

Congratulations on getting bit.

We are working on our meeting as we speak and should have details soon. Send me a private message with your email and I will make sure you know when and where it is going to be.

You will notice a big difference with our club and most others. We do not have meetings. We meet once a year for the offical annual meeting and the rest of the year we discuss what ever we need to at our drives and over the internet. We try to stay very busy.

We are talking to the new Superformance Dealer in Castle Rock about having our meeting at his shop. This would be an excellent time for you to meet Trac Stevenson.

See you soon,

Dick Thompson
Old 12-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

See my Excel spreadsheet (zipped) listing all Cobra mnfg web sites or tel #'s

List of Manufacturers

Hope this helps
Old 12-14-2006, 11:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427
Not Ranked     

Enjoy! The only thing better than looking and shopping all the options is mashing the throttle on the 427! Keeps you grinning for many years.
I love my Unique, but the club has lots of great cars in it to check out.

Eric