28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 09:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Touring in Aug/Sep from UK

Hi Guys, will be flying into Denver on 22 Aug and picking the Harley up 24th, then riding off in the general direction of Cheyenne, Deadwood, Sturgis, Billings, Yellowstone, Rock Springs, and as much else as we can get in up to the 4th Sept, have done california/Oregon the last two years, looking forward to seeing your area, any Cobra/Harley activity during those dates we should be aware of? hoping to have the Cobra finished in June, body now glued down, 545ci BBF, Victor, 1050 Dommi, solid FT, broader C6, its a Dax with Jag running gear, fuel is now nearly £5 pound a gallon!!! must be mad, regards Dave (UK)
Old 04-22-2008, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1993 Shell Valley 351W
Not Ranked     

hmmm, in August, myself and some friends will be taking a 5-day Harley roadtrip from Denver to Yosemite.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HI-TECH 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

In the Denver area, you must go to the Shelby museum in Boulder.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default re harley trip

Thanks Guys. Dave
Old 09-15-2008, 03:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up re trip

Hi Guys/gals, not long back from our trip, it was great, we did close to 3000m and saw some fantastic sights, have to agree with Bob Cowan having read the thread on the Grand Lake trip. Colorado is a wonderful place, and if you live there dont take it for granted, get out and enjoy it while you are still fit enough to do it. After leaving Denver we went up via Cheyenne, and then overnighted at Sottsbluff(NE), Custer, via Deadwood/Sturgis to Buffalo, Cody, Yellowstone, Jackson, Pinedale, Glenwood Springs, Vernal, Ouray(fantastic place), last night before Denver was at a B & B called Room at the River in Buena Vista, which I thoroughly recommend and will go back sometime, spent the evening having a beer and sitting around a log fire next to the Arkansas river, caught a few trout (which were returned to the water). Its a shame I didn't get to meet any fellow Cobra enthusiasts, next year I am looking to fly into Dallas and then head off to Tennessee and do that area and the Smoky mountains. Sadly on my return my mum as been taken seriously ill and I live the other end of the Country, been up to see her on my Harley and on my way back lost the front wheel on a patch of diesel coming off a roundabout, managed to wrestle the bike to a stop but have injured my right knee, got to go for an xray in the morning, typical all that way in the States and that happens!! Anyway Cobra nearly finished and hopefully once i get back in the garage I can get the car on the road and enjoy it. Regards Dave