17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-23-2009, 09:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch build self design 4.6l DOHC
Not Ranked     
Default Engine work needed in Minnesota

I tried to perform a leakdown test on my Lincoln 32valve engine and wasn't happy with the out come. Upon further inspection (removed the intake) I found the build up on the secondary valves had reached critical mass and was starting to break off and enter the valve seats.( I don't think grampa ever got on the throttle) This will require me to tear into this engine deeply (way more than I planed) so I've decided to do the right thing and have it gone through and freshened up and a couple of small upgrades (fixes) done also. Who in Minnesota does work on these monsters and can I trust the guy to do a good job. Just need the block checked out and the heads gone through.

This is where it gets spendy,
Patrick

Well, it occurs to me that perhaps not all of the modifications I made are technically 'street legal'

Nothing good ever happened after this statement;
Hey Moe watch this!
Old 04-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Wait, there may be another way.

I do not know if this will work, but we used to do the Coke bottle clean out on cars before we tuned them.

If you remove the catalytic converters, you might be able to pour water into the intake while the engine is racing ( you working the throttle to make sure it does not stall ).

The water breaks apart the junk in the combustion chamber as well as around the valves.

Not sure it will work on the injected caddy, but it beats the heck out of $1500 for a valve job.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

fasterpatrick, get in touch with a company called
Total Engine Service located in Bloomington.
Sorry I do not have the phone number memorized but you can find them on the web or in local yellow pages.
Good luck.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B, FR302
Not Ranked     

fasterpatrick, that just seems pretty drastic knowing what you have. I think I’d call Dan Mattila, Off Road Specialties in Blaine. Telephone 763-785-0228. Dan knows Ford motors well and could probably offer some advice.

Roger
Old 05-03-2011, 03:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

fasterpatrick, that just seems pretty drastic knowing what you have. I think I’d call Dan Mattila, Off Road Specialties in Blaine. Telephone 763-785-0228. Dan knows Ford motors well and could probably offer some advice.

Roger
Old 05-03-2011, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch build self design 4.6l DOHC
Not Ranked     

Roger, did you look at those dates that was for the original junkyard motor I bought a rebuild long block for what the head work would have been.
Patrick

Well, it occurs to me that perhaps not all of the modifications I made are technically 'street legal'

Nothing good ever happened after this statement;
Hey Moe watch this!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Patrick,

No, guess I missed that. Funny thing the tread came up in my e-mail as a new post on CC.

Best, Roger

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: