28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2002, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default any get-togethers planned?

I've been away from here for a while and was just wondering if there's any get-togethers in the works. I saw that there's been something going on every Friday night, but was looking for more of a Cobra only thing.

Greg
Old 08-19-2002, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Ford 460
Not Ranked     

Scott Evens has been talking about a mid-September 'something' starting in Lake Elmo just south of Stillwater. He went to Detroit this past weekend for some car show fun. I expect to be talking with him sometime this week to see if he has any further plans. I'll be sure to post any news on plans...
Old 08-21-2002, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1233-396C.I. Windsor
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Fall Get-together

When Don first proposed this group, I offered my facility as a metro based gathering spot. I have a race car/ fabricating shop in Rosemount with plenty of parking. My shop is just off of So. Robert St. and is about 9 miles south of St. Paul. The offer still stands. Saturdays during race season are pretty busy but if we want to get the Cobras in the Twin Cities together I am sure we can work it out . Mike Beamish, Northern Racing Products.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Mike, sounds good to me! Anyone want to pick a date for a gathering.
Don
Old 08-27-2002, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We Minnesotans are just too polite. Nobody wants to be too imposing as to propose a date.

Mike, call out a date or two that would work for you and we'll see what we can make happen.

Greg
Old 08-29-2002, 01:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 406 ci SBC
Not Ranked     

Mike..is your shop the one right off main street in Rosemount where The Transmission Shop used to be south of Shenanigans? I live about 4 miles from that building and have seen some pretty nice projects in the window... Bowtie
Old 08-29-2002, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Alright guys, if we want to do this on a Saturday, the 21st of Sept. is real good for me. If Sundays are an acceptable option, then any one will work. How about some feedback about your schedules and we can get this thing worked out. Don, I don't recall the time of your earlier meeting, but I would assume we should do this mid to late morning or early afternoon if we expect anyone to travel to be here. Bowtie, my shop is 3 miles north of Rosemount on Biscayne Ave. The shop your referring to is one of my customers.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates "Street" Roadster, 351W
Not Ranked     

Saturday the 21st is fine with me. By that time I should only have 11 more weeks to wait til I can pick up my chassis/body.

MACV Advisory Team 16
Tam Ky '68-'69
Old 08-29-2002, 08:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Ford 460
Not Ranked     

9/21 looks great to me! Time preference?

I can bring the digital camera and post some shots here after...

Any thoughts on short drives in the area? A short cruise to dinner or something???

Could we keep Sunday open as an option if it's a rain out Saturday?

Thanks Mike!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Mike, Our first meeting was on a Saturday at 1:00. In the winter and colder than hell. The 21st sounds good to me. I don't know if I'll have a Cobra to drive there but I'll try.
Don
Old 08-29-2002, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sept 21st sounds good to me. I might even be able to put the word out to a few Cobra owners I know that aren't on the internet at all.

Greg
Old 08-30-2002, 09:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 406 ci SBC
Not Ranked     

my Cobra won't be done but I look forward to attending with my wife. She has never seen a finished project in person. Maybe I'll carry my gas cap with me or something!! See you there...
Old 08-31-2002, 05:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 422ci 460H.P.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Sounds like fun, count me in.
Brian
Old 09-01-2002, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think I can make the 21st if the meeting is held in sometime after 2pm. I recently joined the Great Lakes club (to attend the Detroit Dream Cruise), and have all their membership information. Very well organized. I'll check with them to get permission to "borrow" their good work. Also think Chris' idea of a rain date is good.
Old 09-01-2002, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Saturday the 21st it is. I would encourage each of you to pass this along in the circle of Cobra owners you know and I will do the same. Lets set it for 1pm and we'll wait for Scott! Please e-mail or call for a tentitive head count and Don Scott ,I will be calling you shortly as this whole thing was your brainchild! I look forward to meeting the fellow Cobra owners and enthusiasts . Regards, Mike
Old 09-01-2002, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,
How about an address or some directions. Need to have something to pass on to other Cobra owners.

Thanks. This is going to be great.

Greg
Old 09-02-2002, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

My address is 12164 Biscayne Ave. Rosemount Mn 55068. Tel # 651-423-5800. I am located about 400' off hiway 3 (South Robert Trail) Traveling South on Hiway 3,I am 3/4 of a mile past Cliff Road. Take a left on Biscayne and I am the 2nd driveway on the left. Traveling North on Hiway 3 I am 1/2 mile past County Rd 38 (McAndrews Rd).Take a right on Biscayne and again I am the 2nd driveway on the left. I live in a rural area and my shop is on the same property as my home. My only apology is that Biscayne is a gravel road as is my driveway but I usually creep down the road to the hiway with no adverse effects. Cobras go in and out of here all the time. You can visit my website to get a look at my place.(www.northernracingproducts.com) I have a good sized parking area but if we fill that up we can use the lawn on the edge of the driveway. Again, I will be talking to Don Scott and maybe we can agree to some type of agenda for this meeting. Thanks again to all of you interesed in furthering this group! Mike
Old 09-03-2002, 06:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates "Street" Roadster, 351W
Not Ranked     
Default Wheels & Wings 9/07

Just in case you guys don't know about, this Saturday is the annual Wheels and Wings show in Osceola, WI. You can get more info at:

www.motorbooks.com

They have a good book sale at the event and there is usually a big variety of cars, including Cobras. Cal Metal usually shows up with CSX2189, but this year he will be crewing for Old Yaller II at the Goodwood Revival.

MACV Advisory Team 16
Tam Ky '68-'69
Old 09-09-2002, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, 351W
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up I'll be there

Mike,

I plan on being there on the 21st. I have a short list of Cobra owners in the area that I will e-mail with the info as well. Look forward to seeing you.

Mark
Old 09-10-2002, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default September 21st get-together

Mike, what time? 1:00 or after 2:00? Just wanted to make sure.