17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-03-2005, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BackDraft - 351W and AOD
Not Ranked     
Default Moving to the North

I am considering a new position (work) that will require me to move from Arizona to Bloomington MN - and while I shudder to think of the winter and what i am getting myself in for - I would love to find a reason to keep my BDR - Arizona is just so easy --

I will be up this next weekend trying to get the lay of the land - do you have any cruise spots or places

thanks
jim
Old 04-04-2005, 01:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427
Not Ranked     

Jim,

I guess you have to make hard choices for money some times? I moved here from California 20 years ago for business, and the only real negative is the weather. Once you get past that it's not so bad.

Try this if you have time, it's one of my farorite summer runs in my 427 unique or on my 998 Ducati. It's a great day trip.

Cross over the river to Wisconsin in Prescott and follow the great river road (hwy 35) south to Nelson. Stop in Pepin along the way and have lunch or dinner at the "habor view cafe" (GREAT FOOD & GREAT VIEW)

Once you arrive in Nelson cross over the Mississippi again and go back to Minnesota, take hwy 61 north back to the Twin Cities. Stop in Lake City or Red Wing and enjoy the view.

Good Luck,

Dino
Old 04-06-2005, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters; 351w, Crane Cam, AFR 185's
Not Ranked     

That is definitely a great day-trip route! Have done it several times on two wheels and four.

A must-do stop on the WI side is Elmer's Car and Toy Museum in Fountain City. It may sound hokey but it's well worth the stop and you'll want to go back.

harley, the MN winters are way over-rated. Certainly not Cobra weather but there's plenty to do -- just wear more clothes. ;-) I moved here almost 11 years ago from So. Calif. and would no more consider moving back than the "Man in the Moon". Besides, we could use more Cobras in the area!

Dwain
Old 04-06-2005, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

The Fly Fishing is supposed to be some of the best too.

Rick

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: