10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-26-2010, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Wooden Cobra, what are they worth?

I saw a carved wooden Cobra about 12 " long at a swap meet. The seller said it was mahoghany but I thought it would be darker, this was a tan color with lots of wood grain showing through the sealed surface. It was a 427 roadster. I don't think they had glass in the windshield. It had side pipes in black. I don't remember the wheels. Anyhow what would someone pay for this? If it's enough I'll go back to the event and see if he's still there next month. He had lots of other cars but I thought the 427 Cobra was about 75% accurate compared to most diecast metal ones. The beauty was in the wood, not in the faithfullness of capturing the shape.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

I think i paid about 35 or 40 bucks for mine about 5 years ago....
Old 07-26-2010, 04:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Early Contemporary 427SC w/ '66 427s.o. (car built in '79) by Snow White Rods (Fresno, CA); XKE Series II front/rear suspension (AMP lower A-arms/half shafts), CWI rebuilt IRS, 4-spd Toploader, PS Engineering knock-off rims.
Send a message via AIM to gjcomb Send a message via Skype™ to gjcomb
Not Ranked     

History Buff;

I have a similar carving of a wooden Cobra, very similar to your description. The one I have is a little over 12 inches in length and this one is made of mahoghany (heavy). The windshield is wood, but the exterior side is painted black. Sidepipes on mine are wooden color, not black. If you were to look at the front nose and rear nudge bar, the bar is black (basically, looks like 14 gauge wire with black shield molded to fit the front nose) and the rear also has this same material molded to look like an original nudge bar. The overriders are wooden. The clear finish is good (shiny) and protects the wood from all the dust that gathers on top of the carving. I agree with you - accuracy is not important as is the wood grain showing.

My daughter, who lives in Dallas, gave me this carving as a gift several years ago - she saw it at a booth at the Dallas State fair and also like the way the wood grain showed. I think price was more like $50-$60 range, if not more now.

I liked it a lot that last year she sent me another carving - this one is of the space shuttle...
Old 07-26-2010, 10:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

My guess is $64.95.

http://mahogonymodels.com/shelby.htm
Old 07-27-2010, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Early Contemporary 427SC w/ '66 427s.o. (car built in '79) by Snow White Rods (Fresno, CA); XKE Series II front/rear suspension (AMP lower A-arms/half shafts), CWI rebuilt IRS, 4-spd Toploader, PS Engineering knock-off rims.
Send a message via AIM to gjcomb Send a message via Skype™ to gjcomb
Not Ranked     

Yup - carving shown is same as what I have...so is the Shuttle and launch pad.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gulf GT40 CAV137, Cobra ERA286
Not Ranked     

I have the same one... Neat story how I got it though.

My wife and I frequent the local Starbucks with the Cobra. One of the girls working behind the counter came running out to look at the car and said it was her favorite car of all time and that she had always been somewhat of a gear head. The following weekend we were at the same Starbucks and this girl came out from behind the counter with this wooden Cobra wrapped in a towel. She presented it to us thinking we might appreciate it. Apparently her Father and boyfriend had both given her the same gift of a wooden Cobra for her birthday. She didn't need two and thought it would mean something to me. Pretty cool.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: contemporary(2) one with 427 sohc and one with 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     

I thought everybody wanted aluminum cars? Now the dilema,Should I paint it or leave it natural and clear coat it.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

If you like the wood look, check out this show winner!

http://www.bulgariaproperties.net/Cobra/index.html
Old 07-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham KMPS030 Leafspring FIA 302 Alumimun Dart block
Not Ranked     

HELP
Were not all AC Cobras made on a wooden mule!
Can anybody post a picture of the mule or of the model ?
Thank You R.H.M. CSX3018
Old 07-27-2010, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
I liked the Kent Worth Semi

These were all over the Barrett Jackson auctions. I almost bought one but didn't have a place to pack it (the space having been filled with Storytellers.