21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 06-25-2014, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of ERA #744
Not Ranked     
Default Qualified appraiser needed in MA area

Well, my insurance company (Commerce) just informed me I need an appraisal to continue collision coverage my car. Anyone have a recommendation for someone who knows and understands these cars? Thanks.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2498 has been in our family garage since '68....Scratch built aluminum bodied 427SC Cobra, 427FE, CSX3000 chassis specs, 95% finished, only needs paint.
Not Ranked     

Contact Nick at Acton Custom,

Acton Custom Enterprises, Custom Metal for Cobras

He is the man you need,

later, karl
Old 06-26-2014, 03:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 S/C W/Holmon Moody Original Nascar build #508 Iron Block/heads (C5AE-H) Bal/Blu 427 Sideoiler; 780 Holley Dbl. Pump; 4 Speed Top Loader; AP Racing Bks; IRS; 15" Trigo pins
Not Ranked     

I second Nick @ Acton Customs
Old 06-26-2014, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am from MA and Commerce has all my vehicles except my Superformance. They would not write that so I went with Hagerty and they did not require an appraisal. They knew exactly what it was and what it was worth. Just had to send them a check.

Regards,

Steve
Old 06-27-2014, 05:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the feedback. My agent actually talked with Hagerty and they told her they would write it but use would be limited to shows only, which doesn't work for me. Is that the case with your policy Steve? I think I'll just call them directly.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I just checked the limited emails I received with information from Hagerty and I do not see any restrictions listed including a restriction in miles. Now you have me wondering. Please let me know what you discover when you speak with them directly.

Regards,

Steve
Old 06-27-2014, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ah…I did find this in the policy documentation:

4. Antique vehicle - means a motor vehicle 25 years or more of age that:
a. Is maintained primarily for use in car club activities, exhibitions, parades, other
functions of public interest or for a private collection; and
b. Is used only infrequently for other purposes.
5. Classic vehicle - means a motor vehicle of unique or rare design and of limited production,
that is an object of curiosity and:
a. Is maintained primarily for use in car club activities, exhibitions, parades, other functions
of public interest or for a private collection;
b. Is used only infrequently for other purposes; and
c. Is at least 15 years old.
6. Special interest vehicle - means a motor vehicle of unique or rare design which has
collector value because of its limited production, specific make, model and year of
manufacture, and exceptional physical condition, and:
a. Is used for car club activities, exhibitions, parades or other functions of public interest or
for a private collection;
b. Is used only infrequently for other purposes; and
c. Is less than 15 years old.

Regards,

Steve
Old 07-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Steve, curiosity, as a few years +++ back , Hagerty would not write a policy on Cobras that are " kit cars ". The documentation mentioned of Antique, Classic, Special Interest, which by definition may or may not include a kit car. Seems they have now changed their underwriting standards.

Forgot the name of the insurance company, but they had a restriction of not insuring kit cars if home built, only professionally built or turnkey less motor and transmission
Old 07-04-2014, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Try Midwest. I have a policy with them and while they prefer to have it be limited mileage like Haggerty, but you can get them to increase the mileage and usage for a little extra. They were pretty reasonable to work with and no appraisal required. All you have to do is show them a copy of your regular insurance for your other vehicle and you are good to go.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 S/C W/Holmon Moody Original Nascar build #508 Iron Block/heads (C5AE-H) Bal/Blu 427 Sideoiler; 780 Holley Dbl. Pump; 4 Speed Top Loader; AP Racing Bks; IRS; 15" Trigo pins
Not Ranked     

Midwest is what I use & I just sent detailed photo's. No appraisal needed, I pay on agreed value & I am allowed 6k miles a year; for a fair rate as well.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

I was able to get Midwest to increase my mileage to 10K per year and to be able to drive it to work a couple of times a week for just a slight increase in cost.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, 395 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversmith View Post
Midwest is what I use & I just sent detailed photo's. No appraisal needed, I pay on agreed value & I am allowed 6k miles a year; for a fair rate as well.
Same here; pictures, agreed upon value and 6,000 miles/year
Old 07-05-2014, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: factory five mkIII roadster 445 fe quick fuel 750 q series,irs
Not Ranked     

I have commerce insurance, I was told I had to use a Appraisal firm that was on there list?. I used Southeastern Appraisal Service they were located on 135 Washington Street Suite 220 Taunton,MA 02780 (508-823-1599
That was in October of 2005
Old 07-08-2014, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks everyone. Got that all set. Now trying to get it inspected. Despite it being previously titled, registered and inspected in NH (since new in 09) with a NH assigned VIN, the MA inspection station made me call a MAC and they told me I basically have to start over as if I built the car - looking for receipts, proof of engine year and donor car, etc. This can't be right.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Nick who?
Old 07-08-2014, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: backdraft racing #470 427sb
Not Ranked     

You can thank our great state for all that ! Mine is now titled as a 2007, year of the engine. Pm me for more details if you want. I went through this almost 4 years ago. Not sure the window is still open for the emissions override, 2009 has to meet current standard of new cars unless you can prove it's a pre emissions engine. Good Luck

Tags
appraiser, insurance