• 1 Post By kevins2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2015, 08:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #720
Not Ranked     
Default ERA near Orange, CT?

Hi everybody. I'm a future cobra purchaser and based on the research I've done and years of stalking websites I'm pretty certain an ERA is the direction I want to go. However, I've never even sat in one, so I'm reaching out to the local community and wondering is there's anyone out there that would be willing to discuss their car with me, allow me to sit in it and see how I fit (I'm 6'-1), allow me to really look it over, etc? I'm more than willing to come to you, just looking for a little of your time and expertise. Thanks in advance for considering this. By the way I'd love to see any other makes anyone is willing to share their time to show me as well, just thought I'd start with ERA because that's the way I'm currently leaning.

Eric
Old 05-26-2015, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Love the ERAs! If you are in CT why not make a visit to ERA directly? They would have no trouble fitting you in one of their cars assuming you aren't overweight.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's definitely on the agenda as well. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Scoot half way down the page here: 427 Frequently Asked Questions That's me in the pic.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 736 Street, Pond 482, FAST XFI EFI
Not Ranked     

Hi Eric.

I live in Orange. I own a Kirkham and you are certainly welcome to check it out. I'd be happy to talk manufacturers with you as I agonized over that decision not so long ago myself.

Phil
Old 05-26-2015, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 781, 69' 428CJ, PPG BLACK. ERA 3005 Arctic White 331 SBF
Not Ranked     

There is usually one or two in the shop that Peter and Doug can shoehorn you into. If not I am 10 minutes away and would be glad to drive either car over. You won't be disappointed with ERA.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 744/428/TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I have an ERA at the Chester Airport in CT. Not too far away. Your more than welcome to come and check it out. My cell is 917-678-0277. Mike
Old 05-27-2015, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow less than 24 hours this has been up and I've already gotten a bunch of replies! (including a Kirkham right in town!) I'm thrilled. Thanks to all who offered. My schedule is fairly packed for the next couple weeks as I finish up coaching my kids in baseball and softball but after 6/15 it should get a little more freed up. I'll p.m. those that have offered my cell phone number and hopefully we can set something up. Mike (seajet), thanks for your number, I'll definitely give you a call and patrickt I looked at your ERA pic and see that you're 6'-4 so that's very encouraging. I LOVE the color of that car.
Thanks again everyone, I'm really excited to meet all of you and get your insight on this process.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:57 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rads42 View Post
... and patrickt I looked at your ERA pic and see that you're 6'-4 so that's very encouraging. I LOVE the color of that car.
You are too kind. That color is actually a shade of beige... and because of that, I take a wee bit of ribbing around here.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Putting ERA at the front of your list is a smart move!
I think the best suggestion would be to go directly to ERA since it is right here in CT.
My car has the interior taken out right now for some maintenance and it is on my lift. You are more than welcome to stop by and check it out. I am in Southbury. If I get it together by the time your schedule frees up, I could drive it to you and we can go for a blast!
I eat at Sushi Palace (Orange) a lot! LOL
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear
Old 05-27-2015, 11:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

Heck I live in Florida and visited the ERA shop 4 times. Twice prior to pulling the trigger and twice during the build to monitor the progress. I had a turnkey car built and had Keith Craft send ERA the 331 stroker. Every time I visited there were chassis in progress in the weld shop and anywhere from 10 or so cars in the finish shop. 60-70% 427 bodies and 30%-40% 289 cars .. was the rough split when I was there. Now they have the slab side .. what a beauty that car is. Would like to get a 2nd one .. a full slab side street car with grill and wire wheels. But .. one is enough. Go check them out .. it is amazing to walk into ERA's finish shop. Kind of like going to a Harley dealer and seeing all of those bikes .. but more so as they are cobras.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

I'm 4 1/2 hours from ERA and visited them multiple times. On one visit, my chassis had just come back from powder coating and I got to sit in it.

My footboxes were under construction so watched the fiberglass work in progress.

Picked up my car during their Christmas party, so left with the car and a belly full of good food!

You're less than an hour away, so should definitely go there. Their shop isn't elaborate or fancy, but you can see the quality that goes in to what they do.

Kevin
rads42 likes this.

Last edited by kevins2; 05-27-2015 at 12:29 PM..
Old 05-27-2015, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You guys all make me want to move out east. I'm impressed!
Old 05-27-2015, 03:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
You are too kind. That color is actually a shade of beige... and because of that, I take a wee bit of ribbing around here.
Ohh - if ERAChase were still around. This would not pass quietly.

Actually, I kind of like the color too.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:42 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Actually, I kind of like the color too.
Deep down, I think everybody does.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 390 FE
Not Ranked     

I have an ERA in Haddam more then welcome to come anytime. Text is best 860-304-4063.

Jay
Old 06-02-2015, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 390 FE
Not Ranked     

I have an ERA in Haddam more then welcome to come anytime. Text is best 860-304-4063.

Jay
Old 06-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gtk View Post
If you are in CT why not make a visit to ERA directly? They would have no trouble fitting you in one of their cars assuming you aren't overweight.
50% of America is obese. And 90% of Cobra owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Everyone has a "doppelganger."

No one in their right mind would paint their Cobra beige. There is but one beige Cobra in our midst. Please don't let the newbie fool you. The OP probably owns a Camry in beige and LOVES it.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
50% of America is obese. And 90% of Cobra owners.
Early death helps ease the nation's underfunded pensions.