Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2003, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427" 351W
Not Ranked     
Default New England Cobra Enthusiasts

I'm just about to get my car finished and was wondering if guys from this area get together when the weather is decent.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 351W, 944 non-turbo
Not Ranked     

Hey Al:

As best I can tell the answer is no.

Bob
Old 11-19-2003, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Al:
When the weather breaks, Bob and I will be there with bells on.
Right Bob?!?

Will you be running by the 4 day Thanksgiving weekend??
Tell us more about your car too!
BTW, when you get around to it, slam sum pictures up into your gallery so we can see it.

Cheers!

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 11-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Art:
Still waiting for you to return my call. BTW, your car looks great!

Bob
Old 11-19-2003, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Not Ranked     

Hi Bob:
Had lost your number. Went looking thru my read folder in Email and found it. Will give you a call tomorrow. Will this weather ever break? Sheesh they are talking about rain right thru the weekend.

Gee, I would live to see Al's Kirkham in person. I have not seen one up close, have you? I suspect they are not too dissimilar from the aluminum CSX4 aluminum bodied Shelby Americans?

Maybe we can all get together on one of those days after Turkey Day?

Cheers.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 11-20-2003, 02:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately, I don't expect to get it back from the paint shop for a few more weeks, so realistically I'm looking at late winter before its ready. I've got some pics to put in the gallery as soon as I get time. Thanks, Al
Old 11-20-2003, 03:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok Al:
Well when the car is ready, you let us know. Who is doing your paint job? If you ever need an extra set of hands, just ask.
Cheers.

Old 11-20-2003, 08:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Art, Thanks for the offer. The paint & detailing are being done by Premier Motorsports in Kansas City. They do work for Kirkham and are excellent craftsman so I had the car stop there on the way to CT. Thanks, Al
Old 11-20-2003, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There is a great bunch of guys from CT that came up to the Summer Run last year in Lake George NY. These guys get together all the time and they DRIVE their cars. Do a search on ffcobra.
heres the info on the summer run.
http://www.upstatecobras.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=412

Greg P
Old 11-20-2003, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by blubyu2

There is a great bunch of guys from CT that came up to the Summer Run last year in Lake George NY. These guys get together all the time and they DRIVE their cars.
Greg P
Hi Greg!
Are any of those guys here on Club Cobra?

Old 11-20-2003, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Im not sure if there members here or not but heres a few old posts with a few of them on it http://www.ffcobra.com/ubb/ultimateb...=018448#000000
http://www.ffcobra.com/cgi-bin/ultim...c;f=1;t=028345

Anytime you guys want to meet up let me know im not afraid to head down that way for a day

Greg
Old 11-20-2003, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any of you guys using Trigos on your car?If you are anybody got an easier way to install these wheels over the pins.The fronts went on perfect with means I must have done something wrong.The backs are not going on,and I cracked 4 of the five pins on one spindle.NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!There gotta be a better way.Mr Parks will be getting a call friday.He has always been a very helpful.Great company with a great product,I would hate to sell these and buy something else.This shouldn't be this hard.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey X.
Were the wheels ever on the car before, or did they come out of a box? If out of a box measure the pin distances and make sure they match up. If they have been on the car before it only follows.

Bob
Old 11-20-2003, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob,they're fresh out of box.Not sure what you mean by pin distance.I did ge the wheels on as long as you don't torque them down,but when you torque them you can't forget about it,and lets not forget the cracked pins
thanks
Old 11-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey X:
If your in the New Haven area get a hold of me with your location. I'll probably be taking the snake out on Saturday or Sunday.

Bob
Old 11-20-2003, 07:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yah Bob, thats a great Idea! Lets Cobravan over to XCobraJ's and help him bugger up some pins.

Seriously, is the pin breakage happening on both wheels or just one of them? It is either defective pins or pin holes (in wheel) or pin hubs. Can the wheels that are breaking the pins go on the front without breaking them as well?

Old 11-20-2003, 07:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Guys!
AL has put up some pictures of his new Kirkham in the white as well as with some snazzy black paint with Guardsman Red LeMans stripes. This is gonna be nice AL. Thumbs up.

Now we need some pictures of that new mill. Since its a new aluminum block we may need some UV eye protection to protect us from the sparkle?

I wonder how much this car is going to weigh when wet?

Old 11-20-2003, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob,thanks lets see what trigo sez on fri.I'm in waterbury.
Art,I didn't try the other wheel,but I think the pins gotta be defective,they shouldn't crack.Lets see what fri brings.Let you know
Old 11-20-2003, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Al,sorry about high jacking your thread,but I figured since we are all in the same state (of mind) you wouldn't mine
Old 11-20-2003, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey, Waterbury is a nice ride for me from my home. I can go up 110 then hit Rt 8. How many pins crack or break? Is it one or more than one? It sounds like one or more of the pins in slightly out of alignment with the holes in the wheel.

That could be the rear hubs or wheels. Do you have any anti sieze on the pins? It can perhaps tell you what is happening if you put an even but thin coat of it all around each pin.

Also, if the front pins and wheels are on fine. Then putting a front wheel on the rear would allow you to eliminate the hub/pin alignment.

Since there are at least three variables here... you have to eliminate some of them (pins, hubs in which pins are mounted, wheel holes for pins).

Dont you love these problem solving challenges?