12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2003, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     
Default New England Cobra Enthuiasts - Call For Organization

Hi Guys & Gals:

We Northeast Cobra owners and enthusiasts need to get ourselves organized.... And the upcoming winter season (Cabin Fever) is just as good a time as any to do that...

Bob in CT has been trying to get folks out for rides and such but the responses to his requests have been conspicuous by their absence. I am sure there are many valid reasons for this. However, if we get ourselves organized then we can perhaps better communicate within our Northeast Cobra community.

If you all would email me (see note just below) then I would be very much willing to start a distribution list so we can all get contacted. I promise to not use the list as a spam entre'. Send me your name, state and city or geographic area if you want.

>>> NOTE: IT SEEMS THE CLUB COBRA EMAIL OPTION IS NOT WORKING SO EMAIL ME AT:

NECOBRACLUB@aol.com

<<< Thanks

I do think we should plan a few events for 2004 such as:
a Spring Flounder Run, a Summer Lobster Lap, and a Fall Cider Press as well as take part in other regional congregations.

So, I am willing and able to make us up a simple Website and act as the communications nexus.

There is also a large group of NE Factory Five guys over on that board who may also be organized already?? (that is what I hear).

Cheers and email me.

Your Ideas and feedback are welcome.

RUMPA!

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker

Last edited by REDSC400; 12-04-2003 at 02:33 PM..
Old 11-26-2003, 05:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 351W, 944 non-turbo
Not Ranked     

Art:
As best I can tell, nobody in the part of the country really drives these cars. It's interesting that the guys on Long Island drive them all the time. 15 miles of water sure makes a big difference.

Bob
Old 11-27-2003, 03:43 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Fellas, I got this note this afternoon too. Sounds like it could be a good time for you guys.

Brent- I am trying to contact an officer in the New England Cobra Club. I am
having trouble finding that information.

We at the New England Viper Club are sponsoring an Exotic Car Show for next
spring and would like to invite the Cobra Club to join the show.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

-Jeff Jeff@NEViperclub.org
Old 11-27-2003, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will keep abreast of any devlopments and hook up with you people when spring hits
Old 11-29-2003, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Art:

have sent you an e-mail reply concerning helping to get out some cobra folks to an event or two next season

have 7-8 folks who got together a couple of times last summer...not big numbers, but a start
Old 12-03-2003, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#1325, Miller Machine FE
Not Ranked     
Default Bob in CT

I have put 1000 miles on mine since August and I haven't been off this little Island. I will go anytime you want. I plan on garaging the car in Franklin NH this summer, so the boat will not get in my way. NH is the center of crusin' NE, something to do almost every night and several tracks that are dying for some cobras to show up. ( New England Dragway in Epping and the Big International Track in Belmont) I will go anywhere as long as I can fit it into a weekend. I have a trailer but I would rather drive the car. So much for the NE guys that do not or will not drive there cars.

I saw your car in the New SPF Calender, Looks great ! Did you change your mine about selling it?
Old 12-04-2003, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I drive mine! 900 miles since mid July. Just kept close to home till I felt comfortable with the reliablity of the car. Also, do not have a top for it yet, and this past summer and fall where wet. Got the bugs out, so next spring I will out there.
Joe

Thinking of Stealing My Cobra
I killed Once Before- The Second Time Will Be Easier
Old 12-04-2003, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Not Ranked     

Guys:

It seems that the EMAIL option here on CLUB COBRA is all of a sudden not working. If you have emailed me and have not received a reply from me then you can assume I did not get your email. So if you want to get on the NE Cobra Entusiats distribution list please email me at:

NECOBRACLUB@aol.com

Thanks and Sorry for this...

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker

Last edited by REDSC400; 12-04-2003 at 03:25 PM..
Old 12-04-2003, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coyote Gen II
Not Ranked     

Guys,

The North East Cobra Club website is currently down. I've been doing some web development for a local parts guy and screwed up my website while doing it. With this cold weather we've been having, and the upcoming Nor'Easter, most folks have put their cars to sleep for the season. We had quite a few events over this past season and look forward to a good 2004. I have an email list of all of the Cobra's in this club - 43 folks, and have been keeping them up to speed. My email is h2r3@comcast.net and am willing to work with any other clubs that want to get soemthing together.

Henry
Old 12-10-2003, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E R A 428
Not Ranked     

Count me in.

Buzzr

jbozzuto@comcast.net
Old 12-10-2003, 07:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 392
Not Ranked     

HI guys, Ill have my car on the rd in acouple ofmonths and would love to join up and go on some group cruises jmkkingpin@hotmail.com

Last edited by jmkkingpin; 12-10-2003 at 07:45 AM..
Old 12-11-2003, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Green/White
Not Ranked     

I'm in!

MACOBRA

cobrasheep@hotmail.com
Old 12-11-2003, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era#671 Keith Craft Motor
Not Ranked     

Sounds great art !!
Im up for that but if there is ever a chance of rain in the forecast i will chicken out
sgianino@yahoo.com
Old 12-23-2003, 02:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post NE Cobra Enthuiasts Message

This is a cross - posting of an email that was just sent out to those that have registered with me on the NE Cobra Enthusiasts list.
>>>

Happy Holidays from the North Eastern Cobra Enthusiasts! -- 12-23-2003
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You received this email because you signed up on the Club Cobra New England forum.

This is the first email you should have received, from the list. If for some reason, you wish to be removed from the list please email me at (NECOBRACLUB@AOL.COM) and I will delete your name from the list.

Well, winter is now officially upon us here in New England. I, like you, look forward to the warmer weather and getting more use out of my Cobra. For now, it is tucked away in the barn and I get out and do some work on it as time allows. Although, they are talking of 50 degrees here in CT today (12/23) so perhaps I will drop the Cobra down and take her out for a spin.

Just got one of those space heaters. You know, the kind that look like a jet engine, they plug into electricity and burn kerosene. Combustion seems complete and there is not much of a smell, the barn is drafty, as most barns are, so CO2 is not an issue. This heater brings the temperature of the barn up to 70 or so degrees within perhaps 3 minutes then the thermostate turns it off/on again. The cement floor is still cold as heck but at least my wax dries!

I think we should try to do two things this winter as a "Club".

1) Ask for folks to become an event(s) co-ordinator(s) and pick a few dates and venues for all of us to meet at.

I think the early September (first Saturday & Sunday) Classic Sports Car Show and Race at Lyme Rock is a no-brainer. Do you think we should meet a few times before that? I do.

Perhaps it would be nice to have a set of events that are geographically, North, South, East and West. The Lyme Rock event would be "West".

So, we need volunteers for a Northern (ME, VT, NH), East (RI, MA) and Southern (RI, CT, NY) event. If you would want to throw you hat in the ring to lead the planning and co-ordination of the event let me know. Nothing fancy. This is not alot of work. Pick a date and rain-dates(s), time and place and provide directions (nice cruising routes to and from) and perhaps a list of hotels / motels that we can put up at if overnighting.

2) Start using the Club Cobra NE Cobra Enthusiasts forum as a communication channel. There are 15 or so of us on this new list. That is a great start. Henry (65 Cobra Dude) has informed me that his New England Cobra Entrusiasts web site is currently down. And there are over 40 members of the list he maintained!

So, have a Happy and Healthy Holiday!

Get back to me with your ideas and if you want to co-ordinate a regional event, let us know.
Lets use Club Cobra as the communication channel.

I have used (Blind Carbon Copy) to email this to you.

Do NOT spam this list.

Thanks,

Art Gumbus NECOBRACLUB@aol.com
(REDSC400) on club cobra
ERA #375

PS: Rich Gregg in Hyannis... Your Email bounced... send me your corrected email address please.

Old 12-23-2003, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates 427 Ford FE
Not Ranked     

Finally, I THINK I have the bugs worked out and would love to participate in some events.

gafridland@yahoo.com
Old 12-23-2003, 07:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gfridland!
Hey! That's good news. I just added you to the list.
Will send you a test message soon.

What was wrong with your Midstates?

Cheers,

Old 12-23-2003, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates 427 Ford FE
Not Ranked     

There was no one thing wrong, the biggest issue was the rear main oil seal that began leaking just after completion (Sept 2003). This item was repaired successfully and should put it in the past. I never felt comfortable driving any long distance with the leak. Other than that, I had some small issues one would expect with a new build.

Look forward to warmer weather and some great rides next year. Right now, I'm just finishing installing the snow plow on it to get some additional miles on it befor the spring.

Gene
Old 12-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Art:
Keep in mind that when you have combustion of a hydrocarbon you produce 2 products in great amounts, carbon dioxide (CO2) and water (HOH). Because your car has been sitting in the cold for weeks on end is will have a temperature less than the ambient once you kerosun (or whatever) gets going. The water in the air will quickly figure out that many of the surfaces in the car are below ambient (and the dew point) and condense on them. The wires under the dash, contacts in your starter and distributer and other parts will become a cold can of soda on a warm humid day!

The same thing can happen when after weeks of intense cold a warm moist mass of air comes up the coast. Your car becomes a giant coke can. To avoid the condensation I keep a light bulb burning in the cockpit and under the hood all winter.

It may not be a perfect solution, but it can't hurt.

Bob
Old 12-23-2003, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gene:

Glad you have the engine sorted out Gene. As I stated in my email to you, I would like to see that Midstates up close. I have not seen one before. Welcome Aboard!

Bob:
Hey Bob.... yah I do remember your light bulb advice! I too have one in the pit and one under the engine. I am using those clear 40w jobbers. They heat up nice and do the trick. Kind of surreal when you walk out into the barn on a dark, silent night. Its like ET is inside the car glowing... takes some getting used to. Hee Hee

Went out for a ride today in the marvelous 50 degree + balmyness. My speedo is pretty much dead on now with the new driven gear and the MSD Tach adaptor has stabilized my SW Tach well. My new AC pedals work swell any my feet say they look great 8-). All the fluids in the car were new and she felt nice and smooth. The newly installed Hella horns sound very loud and quite european.... as it were.

Had the two front tires dynamically balanced on a Hunter GSP9700 here in town. The guy who has it, is a real gear head. He has 3 Corvettes and a 4th on the way (comemorative Z06). He is a perfectionist and we spent about 40 minutes per tire. Broke em and spun em around and such.

The good news is my front pin drive wheels are perfect. Bad news is one of the tires is a rear turdball. Nearly 24 Lbs of road force and requires alot of weight to balance as well. The other tire is just fine with only perhaps 2.5 ounces of weight and nearly 3 oz of road force. That Hunter GSP9700 is just a remarkable machine. This guy had the pin drive adaptors which is nice.

Thanks for discussing that machine Bob. Nice find indeed. What have you been up to?? I have just about exhausted my list of easy things to do on the car. Hey, do you want to take on the co-ordination efforts for the September Lyme Rock Antique Sports Car show and race? Let me know ok?

Happy Holidays Amigos...

Last edited by REDSC400; 12-23-2003 at 04:19 PM..
Old 12-26-2003, 07:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The weather is looking good for the weekend, any thoughts?

Bob