Old 05-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     
Default Lime Rock 2008 Changes

From Hemmings.com

" Two Lime Rock Parks for the price of one

John Fitch, Skip Barber and Sam Posey broke ground on a host of improvements at Lime Rock on April 10.

A new chapter in the history of Lime Rock Park was written on Thursday, April 10, as the track celebrated its groundbreaking of “Two Lime Rock Parks,” a multi-million dollar plan for track upgrades and repaving.
“The plan was to make the track safer, smoother with repaving and slow it down a little, particularly the downhill, without changing its character. We’re going to do better than that,” Track President Skip Barber said.

The plan is to improve the traditional Lime Rock race course by repaving it and adding better runoff areas. Meanwhile some new or optional track surface will be added alongside the existing course which will slow speeds down slightly. There will be three wide, slower corners with better passing opportunities, a wider and straighter back straightaway and additional runoff areas.

“There is nothing Mickey Mouse — no chicanes — about the optional Lime Rock Park,” Barber said. “Rather, it is a layout for the present — for the fast, high-tech American Le Mans Series cars — and for any other group that chooses it. It is also a layout for the future as cars and tires continue to develop. With the new optional corners, there are actually eight possible track configurations. It will be easy to switch from one course to another.” For more information about the improvements, check out Lime Rock’s Web site. "

http://www.limerock.com/news

- By Mike McNessor
Old 05-01-2008, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

There also appears to be a redo of the pit entrance to somewhere before the bridge. How they are going to squeeze everything under the existing bridge will be enteresting to see.

The down hill, by the way, is where Peter Portante of ERA ended any delusion of being able to race a Formula Atlantic car. In coming down the hill in practice, he apparently failed to keep all four wheels on the tarmac, lost it and ended up half way down the front straight backed into the inside berm. (We refer to the site as the "Portante Turn").

He wrote off the chassis of the car and took about two inches out of his height (which, as anyone knows who has met him, he could ill afford to lose). A friend on hearing what happened and unfamiliar with the type of race car asked what type of race car a Formula Atlantic was. Peter explained that it was a single seat, ground effects "winged" race car. The friend replied that obviously the problem was that Peter wasn't going fast enough for the ground effects to work.

J
Old 05-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 351W, 944 non-turbo
Not Ranked     

Basically, they don't want the "members" to bend their very expensive cars. For years the rank and file regular racers have been damaging cars and breaking bones. Eventually it will be completely private. Let's keep the peasants at home where they belong.

Bob
Old 05-01-2008, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

We were there a couple of weekends ago. It played like this:

Sat AM - maybe a half dozen high end cars, Ferraris and the like, played by themselves.

Sat PM - They released the hounds of local 'pee-ons' to run the afternoon session, 20-25 in each run group with no real incidents to speak of.

Here it is...if you can find 100 individuals to pony up a $100K each to join 'the club' to finance renovations, then that is what Skippy B will do.

Oh yeah...I think they also need to renew each year at a cost of $7500.

Nice if you can throw that kind of change around.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

The SAAC website just published an article today about the changes. They have a full blueprint of the new track, as well.

Lime Rock Undergoing a Facelift
Old 05-08-2008, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner Contemporary FIA with 351W,Former Owner KMP 296 FIA Hybrid. Former owner CSX4241
Not Ranked     

...and I believe for your 100K(plus tax 6%) plus monthly minimum of 500/mo you are entitled to only 20 track days. It is also a 50 yr membership not that we will live that long. At least other tracks have a lifetime membership. Nonetheless I am sure in CT with communitties like Greenwich, New Canaan, Fairfield there are plenty who will come up with the $$$.

Stu
Old 05-08-2008, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The entrance bridge is to be replaced after the Memorial Day weekend. No more scraping I hope!

Eric Johnson

GT40
Beck 550 Spyder
67 Sting Ray

Millbrook, NY
Old 05-09-2008, 04:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Two Memberships: Founding Member and Associate Member:

THE CLUB AT LIME ROCK PARK INTRODUCES
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIPS

For Those That Love the Idea but Need an Alternative Solution

Lakeville, CT (20 March 2008) – Track President, Skip Barber, and board members of The Club at Lime Rock Park have unveiled Phase Two of The Club memberships, an alternative solution for prospective members. To date, a full Founding Membership has been the only option available at $110,000 ($100,000 initiation fee plus $10,000 Connecticut Dues Tax). However, for those that love the idea but want another financial option, they can now become an Associate Member - a ten-year membership that allows drivers ten track dates per season, as well as several Club amenities. The $27,500 - $25,000 initiation fee plus $2,500 Dues Tax - Associate Membership can be re-sold or credited at any time towards a full Membership.

“Many potential members have told us they really want to join the Club but can’t make a large outlay now,” states Barber. “The Associate Membership allows them to start in a modest way, still getting a lot of track time and then upgrading their membership when they’re able.”

Membership Information and Benefits:

Full Founding Member Associate Member
Initiation Fee + CT Dues Tax $110,000 $27,500
Term of membership 50 years 10 years
Track Time (per year/per member) 60 of 60 dates 10 of 60 dates
Qualified Driver Guests Unlimited with fee None
Non-Driver Guests Unlimited Unlimited
Tickets to Lime Rock Park Public Events 4 VIP 2 VIP
Clubhouse Access Yes Yes
Vehicle Storage Yes Yes

Club Member, Matt Meehan – who also serves on the Member Board – notes, “I’ve spoken with many prospective members who would love the Club at Lime Rock Park experience, but need another option to a full Founding Membership. I believe this new Associate Membership addresses their need.”

To date, The Club at Lime Rock Park has 118 member commitments. Revenue from memberships is being used to fund a series of track improvements, which include additional new course options, while at the same time preserving its classic footprint by smoothing the surface and improving safety. Lime Rock Park is scheduled to break ground on track upgrades this spring and re-pave the road course in June.

The Club at Lime Rock Park (www.limerockclub.com) is an exclusive, members-only motorsports club for automotive enthusiasts. The Club caters to drivers of high-performance vehicles who use the track for pleasure as well as business.

Lime Rock Park is nestled comfortably in the lush green foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and is widely recognized as one of the most beautiful and historic road racing facilities in North America. A perfect setting for a motorsports club, Lime Rock Park has the only club currently open in the Northeast.

For more information, please contact Stephan Condodemetraky at: (860) 435-5005
or visit www.limerockclub.com

Become a Member:

http://www.limerockclub.com/become_member/

Member Benefits"

http://www.limerockclub.com/become_member/benefits.asp
Old 05-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 351W, 944 non-turbo
Not Ranked     

The bulldozers went to work on Monday May, 26th. LRP plans to have everything done by July 11th and the American Le Mans weekend.

Bob
Old 06-15-2008, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

All,

I took my GT40 to the event over the memorial day weekend and I'm happy to report the entrance access bridge has been redone. No more scraping worries. I saw a few nice cobras there as well.

Cheers,
Old 06-15-2008, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM-2027 / 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stush View Post
...and I believe for your 100K(plus tax 6%) plus monthly minimum of 500/mo you are entitled to only 20 track days. It is also a 50 yr membership not that we will live that long. At least other tracks have a lifetime membership. Nonetheless I am sure in CT with communitties like Greenwich, New Canaan, Fairfield there are plenty who will come up with the $$$.

Stu
Hey some of us Fairfield guys are not as rich as you think we are!!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Track paving photos:

http://www.limerock.com/content/gallery-photos
Old 06-15-2008, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Was at the Park over Memorial Day with our operation, Kinetic Motorsports, out of Buford, Georgia. Ran a 330i in ST on Saturday, and 3 M3 in GS on Monday. Koni Challenge. With 46 cars in each class its pretty much nose to tail around the track. The new layout should be interesting. A beautiful site though.

Eric, Didn't see your GT40, but yeah--some nice Cobras
Old 06-15-2008, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

FFR 428.

Family member closing on a house in Fairfield at present. Large influence was the 4 car garage and workshop. Summer home for the Unique 289 FIA when I get it finished next spring. Lime Rock next Memorial Day sounds like a plan.