April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.83 average. Display Modes
Old 10-06-2002, 01:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     
Angry Finally, a statement from Everett-Morrison

click here for Everett-Morrison's web site

Alas, all it basically says is "wait 'til next year".

Not much after silence since July...

I was hoping for better.

Tom
Old 10-06-2002, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tom,

At least they haven't thrown in the towel. Cut them a little slack, as they're trying their best to make a new go at this . We're all ansy and hope they are able to open their doors again...

Mike
Old 10-09-2002, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm with you guys. I hope they do come back since they build a solid snake and stand behind it.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to hdheritage97
Not Ranked     
Default My 2 cents worth

Well, as usual, EM has let me down yet again. Seems that everything I have ever ordered from them has been *ucked up and the latest is no exception. I ordered a set of seat belts from them a while back, paid TOP dollar for them and when I went to install them, found that some of the belts are missing the mounting hardware. Since nobody answers the phones anymore, I'm yet again stuck with parts that are either incomplete or just outright wrong. It's really no wonder that they are in the position they're in when they can't even fill simple parts orders. Unless they make a complete about face, they should just keep those doors locked, no matter how good the kits are/were. Just my opinion from limited experience with them, but thank god I didn't have to buy all my parts from them or I would have pulled my hair out by now.

Cliff
Old 10-10-2002, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Cliff,

I hear you loud and clear. They left a CC E-M owner twisting in the wind after their "Recommended Builder" in FL, built a rolling pile of crap that the owner was afraid to drive.

The CC memebr went to Brett and Brett basically blew him off.

Rule #1 in the replica business....take care of the customer. E-M has had a real problem with doing that for years.

Let's hope they see the light.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gentlemen,

All the parts I've ordered from EM have been complete and delivered when promised. Quite often they have opened the shop on a Saturday when I'm the only customer there picking up parts or taking pictures (for 2-3 hours). So I wouldn't be so quick to say they don't take care of their customers. John, I vaguely remember the person you are speaking of. If I recall, EM offered to build the car for him, which he declined and then they mentioned the "builder" who lived closer to the customer, who the customer decided to go with. Does EM have any responsibility in that issue? I can't say as I don't have all the facts. I agree that they should do more than tell the guy to sleep in the bed that he made, but how much more, I can’t say. I do know about a dozen guys who have built EMs in the last 5 years and have not had problems with EM's customer service.

I am certainly not trying to be argumentative. I'm only presenting my perspective. And Cliff, I certainly understand you being upset at paying top dollar for some belts that are missing their hardware (I'm assuming they are missing more than just the bolts).

I agree that EM's current problems have to do with customer service, but in my opinion, not the way you guys suggest. EM tries to bend over backwards to please every customer and they end up agreeing to build way too much custom stuff that they don't turn a profit on. Hopefully they can get back to a few basic options and get the ball rolling again.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Braddock; 10-10-2002 at 06:58 AM..
Old 10-10-2002, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey guys I can see this is getting some feed back on my post so untill I confront my sorce on this matter I will try not put any more waves in this water.

Last edited by glasssnake; 10-19-2002 at 02:19 AM..
Old 10-10-2002, 08:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Not just a belt problem

The belts are just the tip of the iceberg as far as my discontent. I have an older car from around '86 and wanted to do away with the pull cord door latches that are now on the car. I contacted EM while my car was at the body shop being prepped for paint and told them I wanted original style door latches shipped to my painter. No problem right, a little fabrication was all that was needed..lol...when they arrived, my guy calls to tell me they won't work and he would have to totally design hardware that would work and the cost would be way to high. So, I tell him to forget it then and just put the old stuff back. Well, a short time later, I'm ordering a leather console and guess what, they tell me I have parts there, what parts I ask, why of course it's the hardware to my door latches. Of course by that time the car has been painted and I'm not going to have it done then so I tell them to forward the parts to me thinking I could at least sell them on here as a now complete unit. Only one problem, I still don't have the rest of my hardware and that was a year ago....oh yeah, and only half the console came in too....anyone want to buy half a console for an EM ???? I could go on and on and I'm glad some of you have had great experiences with EM, however, I'm not one of those people. Are they extremely nice to talk to, yes, are they helpful with tech troubles, NOT AT ALL. I have asked them about many issues and the standard reply is that they would have to see the car bcause they have no ideas without seeing it. Come on, you build the damn thing and you haven't got a clue as to why the body rubs the tires or why the tunnel is way too tall in the car, so much so that the shifter barely peaks out of it ???? The body rubbed the tires due to a molding flaw I later determined and if I can figure it out, I think they certainly could. Anyhow, it really doesn't matter anymore because I have worked it all out but I seriously doubt that I would have had these troubles with some of the other manufacturers. If you want to be considered a high quality manufacturer, you have to have high standards and in my opinion, that's not the case with EM.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

Another reason you shoud not be impressed with a lot of flash and a fancy shop/office. I really think they built a high quality product and they had a nice facility but for some reason I was not sold on their car for various reasons. I wanted a vette suspension but was about to settle for a live axle car when I heard about a small operation called Hunter here on CC.
I made a detour one day to visit Randy Hunter and placed an order with him two weeks later. He did everything he promised with no delays.

The point is that this is basically a "cottage industry" with few sucessful big business types. You need to visit the people yourself and get referances.

EM had a great product but in a stagnet economy it is hard to sell a lot of High End Cobra kits. ERA is sucessful because they know hom many cars they can build without trying to get bigger.
Old 10-13-2002, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds like some sour grapes in this e-mail thread. I've got a turnkey E&M I picked up in 96. No problems then or now. E&M has stood behind their work. Just goes to show that there can be varriation with any builder whether custom or Chevy/Ford/Mopar, etc.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Sour grapes, I think not !!

Well, I wouldn't exactly say it's sour grapes to be unhappy with a service that has been MUCH less than what it should be, not to mention the financial costs for parts that are totally worthless since they aren't complete. I'm glad that you had EM build your car and everything went well then and is still going well for you, that's great. But I wouldn't say that just because your experience was a good one that those of us that didn't have a good experience are whiners...or we're sour grapes. Maybe if you had the problems that apparently many of us have you too would be less than happy ? I think that's a safe bet !

Cliff
Old 10-15-2002, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry Cliff, you missed my point. There is a lemon in every man made product. Obviously, it doesn't make it any easier for the guy that's got the lemon, even if he is only one out of 100!

I noticed in this srting that you are the only one personally with an actual EM problem. Maybe there are more, I wouldn't be surprised! Out of 1,000's made. there has to be some problems out there.
Old 10-18-2002, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry Glassnake?

I have kept my mouth shut for a couple months now . I never expected for some one to use my name against Everett-Morrison .
I don't know who this person is , but I can assure you I have never spoken to him . When I saw my name I got pretty upset . If this person would like to reply , I will gladly answer any questions that I can .
So , I ask "glassnake" to be honest and tell every one where you got your information .
BOB.
Old 10-19-2002, 02:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob Been waiting to here from you on this .I Quoted directly from "whom you said that to" and that was Fred He called me and said you referred him to my company!So you must know me! we worked together for three years. More bumping heads than working together but I can respect that!.I know there has been so much going on about this its hard to find out what is fact and what is not. But that is what everyone was trying to find out! I was told that, sorry! I just dont see how that was using your name against them! I dont sit back and watch people struggle for months, I try to help people out on any situation that I can. And try not to look like a Butt in the process. Some times that is harder than it should be! LOL Sincerely Mark Doherty

Last edited by glasssnake; 10-25-2002 at 01:37 PM..
Old 10-30-2002, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mark ,
You are very good at editting your posts . I'd like to know how you do that .
I printed a copy of every one I saw before you did that .
No hard feelings ,but leave my name out of it .
Thanks .
Old 10-30-2002, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob Spedding,

Let me see if I understand your post. You say you have been watching the forums for months and haven't offered a damn bit of information on what the hell is going on??? You have a very funny idea of what "helping your customer" is all about.

If this is how you do business and handle customers, it's not too hard to see why you closed the doors.
Old 10-30-2002, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Bob Spedding, its great to hear from you, don't let anyone on this forum get you down, you worked with me in the most professional manner to help me get my car completely built in less then 5 months, your professionlism was way above the call of duty, in my mind you were EM and it was an honor to work with you and visit you at the shop. Also I must add that your products were exceptional. I sure hope you will be returning to EM if they re-open their doors.

V/R Terry Spitzer
The Spitz
Old 10-30-2002, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

SpitzSpitz,

I am happy that your situation with EM worked out well. However I don't call lurking in the forums and leaving everyone guessing being professional at all.

All Bob had to do was be UP FRONT for the past few months and all of the BS could and should have been avoided. That would have been the *professional* thing to do.
Old 10-30-2002, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry

Mongoose, Bob IS NOT the owner of EM, this situation WAS NOT created by him, Bob simply offered outstanding service when he worked at EM. I have my own Corporation, I sure as he11 would want to talk for myself if I was in the EM situation. Bob is simply being the gentleman that he is and not passing blame.

Blaming one of my employees for my problems would be BS. Don't you think.

The Spitz
Old 10-30-2002, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

SpitzSpitz,

You may have a point, but I don't know that I agree with it. It's obvious *something* is up with EM and has been for some time. One would have to assume that Bob is an EX-employee and ther is no reason he couldn't have said a lot more months earlier.

It just strikes me very poorly when someone says they have been lurking in the forum for months and not had the courage to stand up and speak the truth.

Employee or owner, that is NOT the kind of people I would do business with. But that is just one persons opinion and your mileage may vary.