Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2003, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: GT40 NZ & GT40NA
Not Ranked     
Smile GT40NZ kits now available in the USA

I've been getting alot of e-mail lately asking if I have become a dealer for GT40NZ.

The answer is,,,,, YES I am.

While the folks in NZ have been working on the new website, it has been discovered & reported on the GT40 forum. (a little earlier than expected)

The new site is nearly finished,,,and can be seen here: http://www.gt40parts.com/

I also have a website under construction, which will be ready soon.

My first kit is progressing very well.

I have four more kits on the way, scheduled to be here around the end of July. (at the moment, two of those kits are still available)

until my new site is ready, you can see updates of my shop & my kits at the clubphoto link in my signiture.

Thank you, Alain
Old 06-12-2003, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

Best of luck with the endeavor Alain! Send me an email with the cost of one of those remaining GT40s. I can't afford one, but Christmas is coming and maybe my wife will get me one as a present!

Who is John Galt?
Old 06-12-2003, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pete,
You have mail.

I hope you've been taking good care of the lawn, helping with the dishes, to score some extra points
Old 06-14-2003, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Once Owned CSX4803, CSX803 block, Keith Craft 468, Suspension by Tom Barnard, Built by Kris Kincaid
Not Ranked     
Default Re:

Alan,
Would you send me an information pack as well as comparison between your GT40 and the CAV GT40 and ERA GT40? A complete price breakdown of the different types of GT40s you offer would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bluedog
Old 06-14-2003, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bluedog, see the factory website for specs on the four different models available,,,at http://www.gt40parts.com/

I will also send you a complete list of everything included with the kits I have on the way,(a list of what else you need to source to finish one), and the introductory pricing of the first kits. (your email is hidden so I have to send a "private message")

...as fars as comparing the NZ car with the ERA or CAV, that it best left up to you to see each type of car in person & decide which best suits your needs.

The ERA car is a "work of art" as is all of their products. Everything I have ever seen come from the ERA shop is "top notch", and incredibly accurate to the original.

The CAV car is only available as a "turnkey minus" as I understand it.....which is much like the way superformance offers their cobras. I have also seen a couple of their cars & they too are very nice.

Each manufacturer has different approaches to the same style of car, so you need to look at them all and decide what items are most important to you.

Alain

Last edited by Alan Vanhollebeke; 06-14-2003 at 07:14 PM..
Old 06-14-2003, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Are there any companies that make Big Block versions of the GT40?
Old 06-14-2003, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I believe that ERA offers a Mark 2 version of the GT40 which uses a bigblock.

The two biggest factors when considering an engine for the GT40 are space (there isn't alot of it) and finding a transaxle to match the power level of the engine.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Send a message via ICQ to meat
Not Ranked     
Default CONGRATULATIONS, ALAIN!

It's good to have the NZ GT40 here! I've always liked the car, the chassis, the body and the value for the money. With the new management - and the new U.S. Rep - I'm expecting to see great things!!!

Keep up the good work. I've seen your posts over the years, followed your progress, and can't think of a better person to do this!

Your pal,
Meat.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks, Meat.
The folks in New Zealand really want to make a good impression in the US, and are developing some exciting products for the cars.
I fully intend to be a "full service" dealer, where one can bring the car back for service, repairs, and performance enhancements.