17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-04-2004, 09:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4838, received 12-20-06
Not Ranked     
Default Santa Barbara Car Show

The Santa Barbara Police Department and the Santa Barbara CHP are hosting a car show on 9-18-2004 at the Elks Lodge In Goleta, CA. Please E-mail questions regarding vehicle entry to carshow@sbelks613.org or call Steve Garcia at (805)895-7142.

There are a number of significant guests (supposedly) slated to attend, making this car show rather interesting. The more cobra's, the better!
Old 08-05-2004, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks like Andy Granatelli will be there, and they're working on Bob Jenks and Ron Butler to be there as well.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Original 427 S/C #CSX3047
Not Ranked     

Given the current scrum in CA regarding newly-built repro cars titled as 1960s vehicles and the ever-widening dragnet to bring in the owners of these cars so their wallets can be emptied, I would think twice about bringing a Cobra reproduction to an event sponsored by two CA police organizations unless everything about its titling and registration was on the up-and-up. To me this has the smell of the "You've just won four football tickets, but you have to show up to collect" events that police use to nab dumb bail jumpers and folks with warrants out for their arrest.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Off your meds today?

I have had the pleasure to meet two of the guys in uniform involved with the show and they are true gearheads, don't confuse the DMV and the AG's office with your local Police, not their jurisdiction.

Gary
Old 08-09-2004, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, look at Mr. real cobra owner with a snobby attitude (and probably not registered in the state he lives in).

It's people like you that cause the police to think twice about being nice on a traffic stop. How about a world without cops? I don't think so. They'd give their life for you, and all you have to say is they're setting a trap...for your registration. That's simply put STUPID...SHEEEESH!

Just bring your car to the show and meet real people who love cars and good CLEAN fun. You'll have a great time, and you will definitely make new friends.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: