Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     
Default Please welcome Pro-Systems Carburetors to Club Cobra.

Pro-Systems are new sponsors here at Club Cobra and I'd just like to take a moment to share with you what they are all about....
http://www.pro-system.com

Pro-Systems is your source for high performance carburetion.

Whether you're blazing down the dragstrip in a nitrous injected Pro Mod, road racing in a Trans Am car, flying over the water at 180 mph or a serious contender in the fastest street car wars. We're your source for record setting high performance carburetors and technical services. You truly will not believe the difference.

Utilizing the latest in computer innovations, our engineers can carefully simulate on our wet-flow bench the as-installed conditions producing a carburetor that is perfect for your application.

Many racers and engine builders rely on Pro-Systems carbs including Frank Iaconio Racing Engines, Jeg's Engine Shop, Bennett Racing Engines, Lukovich Performance Parts, Finishline Racing, BES Racing Engines, Panhandle Performance, Booze Brothers Racing, Midwest Engine Tech, Eagle Racing Engines, McKeown Motorsport Engineering Inc., Madcap Racing Engines, Western Motorsports, Buck Racing, Glidden Racing, Sterling Performance and Ilmor Engineering just to name a few of our NHRA, IHRA, APBA, NMRA, NASCAR and NMCA engine builders who rely on Pro-Systems carbs for World Championship winning, record producing performance!

http://www.pro-system.com
Old 12-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

I have a Pro-Systems custom built 780 Holley on my 392 stroker, I told Patrick at Pro-Systems what i wanted, what the engine specs were and the carb has been outstanding , right out of the box. Only adjustments needed were minor idle screw tweaks. Have had the car on a chassis dyno for tuning and air/fuel ratio was RIGHT ON and no jets or other adjustments needed. The carb has no choke in my case, yet starts right up and is great in all rpm ranges in all gears, even at 1300 rpm's in 3rd gear pulling up a hill. I just cant get it to NOT PERFORM RIGHT, even when i try for kicks. Pro-Systems also did the custom build of my 780 Holley when I had it on my prior 351w crate with a Paxton Blower. Great carb then too. They do great work ! Several friends have used them too for their carb builds and all report same outstanding out of the box performance. Bill
Old 12-07-2004, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks

I appreciate the kinds words Mr. Wells.

Although our companies focus is directed towards servicing professional race teams, we have a passion for street cars that I/We can't get enough of.

After reviewing our website, it should be obvious that we don't do "off the rack". We own/drive/race street cars and race cars and we are aware that every program is different. So after looking at our online techsheet you're going to see that we request a lot of info (that you may or may not know....but just do your best). The reason is simple. You are hiring us to build you a carburetor for your application. Plain and simple.

Over the years, these aforementioned professional race teams have funded the development of some pretty incredible equipment that we have developed for improving and testing carburetors designs. We now use that equipment on every design we build. It ensures optimum performance and verifies proper operation, so you can just bolt it on and go.

So we expect it to perform to your expectations or beyond, and it better. But we do offer a 24/7 techline for service after the sale on every carburetor, just in case you have a question/issue. This is a serious techline. This is the same techline the professional race teams call for info on their race programs (oftentimes as the race is going on) so expect to be satisfied and hopefully very impressed by the information and courtesy you receive.

We have a passion for the street hot rodder and general performance enthusiast. We share the same interests, so you cans ee why we would get pretty excited about an increase in fuel mileage or incredibly fast throttle response or quick starts as we know how it would affect our own cars enjoyment. We are a specialized shop. Unfortunately, we don't build designs for programs under 350 h.p. and we only build Holley style carburetors (No Demons, Carter, Q-jet etc..). From a mild street performance application on up to a 2200 h.p. nitrous injected drag car, we can build a design that will impress you. Expect it to perform. After all, thats what you hire us for.

We also offer trackside support, tuning advice to our customers as well. Hope to see you at a track or event/show in 2005.

Come up and say Hi.

Glad to be your builder.

Patrick James
President
PRO-SYSTEMS

www.pro-system.com
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2004, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl in garage
Not Ranked     

Well I just tried them and the experience was great. I have a 4150 750 on a 351 crate. It is a problem child that no one seems to be able to fix completely. They asked a bunch of questions, then had me go out to garage. Had me look at whole set up and answer a bunch more questions. Asked a lot of questions on how I would use the car, where I lived and drove/raced [humidity]. About 25 mins of talk and listen.
I know SU carbs but not a thing about these things. I will buy a new one from them since the price for new is marginally more than having mine redone by them. If the results are like this experience..wow.