28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2006, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile Unique locks for knock off wheels !!

New from Vintage Wheels.
ANTI THEFT SECURITY WHEEL LOCK ADAPTERS FOR KNOCK OFFS
JUST RELEASED - new anti theft adapters feature tamper proof screws which make it very difficult for a thief to steal your wheels also LOCKS THE TRI -WING SPINNER AND WHEEL SECURELY IN PLACE.
If you like the look of real knocks offs but think regular lugs are more secure ,these will give you peace of mind !!
Up charge is only $40 for a set if ordered with a wheel /adapter kit .

GALLERY PAGE on website www.vintagewheelsus.com .
Vintage Wheel customers --Check out to see if your car is featured ,if not send in good quality jpegs and we will show off your ride!!

Bob Lacey 1888 720 0459
Old 02-23-2008, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I went to their web site and they don't have a picture! What is the deal with a company selling a product without a picture? Am I supposed to purchase their item site unseen? Sorry, but I have been seeing this way too much lately. No picture, no buy-John
Old 02-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

The $40 is a great deal!
They are for real and do not require too much time to change out.
Look at the hub, it carries a special little scew of two types 180 degrees from eachother which really make for nice security w/o the huge visual. Just be sure to remove before removing the spinner..made that mistake yikes.

I am very happy with my set of Vintage Wheels as Bob is A-1 to deal with.
Wished they had 15" FIA wheel..................maybe some day.............

I have taken the liberty of dulling down the fantastic polish to simlulate mag wheel. I could not find the gut to unpolish his fantastic forged tri-wing so I opted for a second set. Interchange often......

Notice that I also painted the wheels to match the old mag Dow#7 gold coating. Gives it the vintage wheel look of the Vintage Wheel!
Great wheels
Great customer service
Great company

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 02-23-2008 at 08:48 AM..
Old 02-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

I echo what Jeff said. These guys have the BEST product, service and value for original type wheels either adapter type or 6 pin.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Beautiful wheels. But I am still not getting it. How are two small screws supposed to be an anti-theft device? Could not the potential wheel thief take the screws out himself? What makes the device work? -John
Old 02-23-2008, 02:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperickson2001 View Post
Beautiful wheels. But I am still not getting it. How are two small screws supposed to be an anti-theft device? Could not the potential wheel thief take the screws out himself? What makes the device work? -John
John, if the thief walks around with a lead hammer and tamper proof allen wrenches then I guess that's true. I view it was more of a "peace of mind" thing in case a spinner comes loose - which is highly unlikely anyway.

If you're in the market for wheels then you ought to just give Bob a call. He's not hiding anything (re: pictures) and is a pleasure to deal with.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Each screw has a different head recepticle design. One is an allen with a post in the center and the other a star with post at the center. The money will net you two wrench's, 8 screws with two different heads, all tapped in the hub ready to go. I feel it is less security and more safety. However it would be a pain to steel my wheels.

Worth the 40 bucks...............

Great product!
Old 02-23-2008, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I never thought anyone was "hiding anything". I am just curious on the mechanics of the anti-theft mechanism. Personally I would love to have a regular key that I could insert in the end of the hub to release the locking mechanism and allow the removal of the spinner. I drive my car daily and am worried that some bozo will want to wear my spinner around his neck on a gold chain + three of his best friends and I would be stranded until I get spares. -John
Old 02-23-2008, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #766, FE V8, Toploader
Not Ranked     

I received my wheels from John just after Christmas--beautiful workmanship, great people to work with, terrific service. Christmas special at that time included the security system, safety wire, safety wire tool, and a lead hammer, along with the wheels, hubs, studs, and spinners.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmate View Post
I echo what Jeff said. These guys have the BEST product, service and value for original type wheels either adapter type or 6 pin.

I agree. Mine were perfect. Something about a true knock-off that just looks awesome. I'm not sure if it's the safety wire or the lack of lug nuts but I wouldn't have it any other way.