CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Shelby American Collection 11th Annual Gala

CARROLL SHELBY AND OTHER RACING LEGENDS TO ATTEND
SHELBY AMERICAN COLLECTION’S 11TH ANNUAL HOLIDAY GALA
New Shelby Painting to Be Debuted at Event

Boulder, Colo. – September 25, 2007 – Carroll Shelby, Bob Bondurant, Phil Remington and other racing heroes will headline the Shelby American Collection’s 11th annual celebration at its museum in Boulder on
December 1, 2007. The annual holiday party honors the race history of Carroll Shelby, his legendary 1960s Shelby American Team and the automobiles they built. This year marks the 40th anniversary of their victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1967, as well as the team’s championship Trans Am team. The celebration will debut an original painting by automotive fine artist Bill Neale.

“We’ve planned the most ambitious gala in the museum’s history with a prestigious guest list and historic cars that will make the evening very special,” said Steven Volk, Shelby American Collection co-founder.
“Carroll and our guests will enjoy a memorable party with highlights such as the unveiling of a Bill Neale painting that will be sold that evening to benefit our endowment fund.”

Carroll Shelby, one of America’s greatest race car drivers, dominated sports car racing success in the mid-1950s, twice being named Sports Illustrated’s “Driver of the Year.” His crowning achievement as a driver
came in 1959, when he won the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

When he retired from racing in 1960 due to a heart ailment, Shelby forged a relationship with Ford Motor Company that created performance magic. Attracting talented individuals from the aerospace community and tapping Ford’s resources, he founded Shelby American to create the legendary Cobra sports car.

In 1963, Shelby took a team of Cobras to Europe to challenge Ferrari, Porsche and Jaguar on their own turf. Bob Bondurant, Dan Gurney, Ken Miles and others captured the Grand Touring World Championship for Team Shelby in 1965. Gurney and Bondurant returned the next year for Team Shelby to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans in a Ford GT40. The team repeated their Le Mans win in 1967. At the same time, Shelby’s operations turned out the Shelby 289 and 427 Cobras, as well as Shelby GT350s and GT500s
based on the Ford Mustang.

This year, the Shelby American Collection will feature the magnificent 427-powered GT40 Mk II driven by Ken Miles and Denis Hulme to second place in the three-car sweep of the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1966. The GT40 driven by Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon won first, while the GT40 of Ronnie Bucknam and Dick Hutcherson captured third in one of the closest finishes in the history of the endurance classic.

In addition to Carroll Shelby, museum special guests will include 1964 Le Mans GT class winner and 1965 F.I.A. World Championship driver Bob Bondurant, Shelby American Team driver Lew Spencer, team R&D Director Phil Remington, GT350 Project Manager Chuck Cantwell and Tom Yaeger. Shelby Automobiles
president Amy Boylan and Bill Neale will also be on hand.

A founding member of the Automotive Fine Arts Society, Bill Neale’s paintings form the centerpiece of many exclusive private and museum collections across the globe. While a contributing artist for magazines and books, he is best known for his private commissions of cars ranging from vintage race cars to the newest models out of Munich, Detroit and Tokyo.

The Shelby American Collection’s 11th annual event is expected to draw a crowd of over 400 attendees. The party is the non-profit organization’s sole fund-raising event of the year with proceeds benefiting the
ongoing operation of the Shelby American Collection museum.

About the Shelby American Collection

Founded in 1996, the Shelby American Collection is dedicated to the preservation of Shelby automobiles and the history of the 1960s Shelby American racing team. The non-profit organization’s 10,000 square
foot facility museum in Boulder, Colo., houses one of the world’s most extensive and significant collections of Shelby American racing automobiles. The collection also includes many rare, prototypical and developmental parts, race trophies, historical records, driving and crew uniforms, artwork, vintage models and many other unique items. The Shelby American Collection museum is open to the public on Saturdays.

For more information on the event, please visit the website at www.shelbyamericancollection.org.

For an Invitation to attend please click the following link http://www.shelbyamericancollection.org/events.html

Mike Pack
Shelby American Collection Volunteer

Last edited by Cobra Pack; 10-22-2007 at 06:57 PM..
Old 10-20-2007, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Computerworks has graciously added a link to the invitation.

See above.

Thanks,

Mike Pack
Old 10-22-2007, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Information on this year's event has been added to the www.shelbyamericancollection.org website.

Thanks

Mike
Old 11-29-2007, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sounds fun to me. I am going !
Old 11-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     
Question

So you probably don't want to wear your "SAAC 25" t-shirt?

Rick

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 11-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

Hope there are still tickets available, Johan. Supposedly they were sold out due to the limited space about 2 weeks ago.
A friend and I are attending look for the Gasholes hats
Old 11-29-2007, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I faxed my form today and hope I get in...
Staying at the Boulderado.
Don't want to miss it.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Not Ranked     

From what I heard yesterday it doesn't look like Shelby will be there this weekend. Bill Neale, Bob Bondurant, Tom Yeager, and Phil Remington are supposed to attend.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R.
Hope there are still tickets available, Johan. Supposedly they were sold out due to the limited space about 2 weeks ago.
A friend and I are attending look for the Gasholes hats
Does your friend have a real camera?

Old 11-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep DBlbarrel's bringing his.

Need any pics of any particular car? let me know PM on Gasholes
Old 11-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Good...don't borrow it.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 AC Mark IV; 302 / GT40 equipment.
Not Ranked     

For those who would like to see images, go to http://blogs.motortrend.com/6225630/...lby/index.html
Old 01-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

This thread was about the Annual Event at the Shelby American Museum, Boulder, in December... not the recent PR bash in LV
Old 01-14-2008, 11:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 AC Mark IV; 302 / GT40 equipment.
Not Ranked     

Duh. Sorry.