Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     
Default Vintage Motorsports announces arrival of Backdraft Racing Modular Roadsters

Vintage Motorsports announces arrival of Backdraft Racing Modular Roadsters

Wallingford, Conn. (October 16, 2008) – Expanding its product offering, and spring boarding on the aftermarket success of Ford’s Modular series of engines, Backdraft Racing announced today the launch of the Backdraft Modular Roadster. The Modular Roadster opens the market as an entry level component vehicle designed to accommodate the Ford 4.6L family of engines including the 2V, 3V, and 4V in both carbureted and fuel injected dress.

To keep production costs down and ultimate prices to the consumer; the Backdraft Modular Roadster will be offered in a limited selection of solid paint colors. In addition, the following standard equipment on the Backdraft Roadster will be deleted on the Modular Roadster: wind wings, sun visors, side pipe heat shields, oil temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, and volt meter. The Modular Roadster will feature 15" knock off wheels, vinyl seating surfaces, powder coated quick jacks, and an oil pressure warning light. All other components between the Backdraft Roadster and the Modular Roadster will remain common.

"The Backdraft Modular Roadster offers a new level of affordability and performance to the replica market," stated Jay Linke, President of Vintage Motor Sales. "This product demonstrates Backdraft’s adaptability to market forces and emerging trends. Now consumers can realize their dream, with a modern production powertrain under the hood at a total price tag well below the cost of competitors’ rolling kits."

Additionally, customers may purchase the Modular Roadster and option for traditional Ford V8 small block headers and motor mounts at no extra cost. Components may also be added by the customer after delivery or as budget allows to "up-fit" the Modular Roadster to the completeness of the traditional Backdraft Roadster.

The first Modular Roadsters arrive in the United States in November 2008 and will retail at an introductory price of $28,900 minus engine and transmission. Retail price does not include destination and dealer preparation fees. Supply is limited to units on hand. Full details will be available at www.vintagemotorsports.com soon.

Based in Wallingford, Conn., Vintage Motorsports, working closely with Vintage Motor Sales, is proud to be the leading independent final installer for Backdraft Racing Component Vehicles. In addition to completing industry leading replicars for customers worldwide, Vintage Motorsports is an authorized distributor for Roush Performance Parts and Engines.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR
Not Ranked     

Hey one of these with the ford racing 32 valve powerplant would be kool....or the roush 5.3 if it ever makes it to production.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: hurricane 1075
Not Ranked     

jay I'm sure you saw my car in columbus circle last weekend it's not a backdraft but is running the powerplant you are refering to
It definitly draws a lot of attention

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...hp?photo=61591

Last edited by berzerko; 10-17-2008 at 04:46 AM..
Old 10-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerko View Post
jay I'm sure you saw my car in columbus circle last weekend it's not a backdraft but is running the powerplant you are refering to
It definitly draws a lot of attention

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...hp?photo=61591
YES! I sure did. This is a promising segment. I know FFR has been marketing the 4.6 kit for awhile now. The development of various intakes for carbs and also the easier routes for engine management have really opened the door. AND the emerging restrictions on emissions will be met because cats on the sidepipes are next from us.

I think you have to have owned a car with a 4.6 to know the true potential.

The other beautiful thing about the 4.6 is how "smooth" it is. The Backdraft with a 4.6 has a very modern, almost European sports car feel ... and keeps the V8 rumble.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:43 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln385 View Post
Hey one of these with the ford racing 32 valve powerplant would be kool....or the roush 5.3 if it ever makes it to production.
I know of one special project to debut early next year with Roush.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: hurricane 1075
Not Ranked     

The motor I'm running in my hurricane is out of a lincon aviator utilizing a sullivan intake and msd ignition(simple 3 wire hook up plus coil packs)
the engine sounds great very very reliable and streetable the only down side is the powerband does not come on till high in the RPM range(about 4K)but pulls from their like a raped ape to almost 7K

You are right about the potental of these motors,supercharge them and 450-500 hp is easily achived and still streetable

speaking with reg a few years ago I had mentioned the powerplant I wanted to use and he said he had put a few of the terminator motors in backdrafts

Bobby