Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Need 3 Cobra's for High School Homecoming

Hi Guys, I've been asked by my son's high school if I could come up with 3 car's for their homecoming on October 29th. You all know the routine, pretty girl rides around track at halftime in cool car gets dropped in front of main grandstand and you are done. The School is the new high school in Antelope off Elverta Rd. and Titan DR. I've been a member here for a couple of years as someday after college for 3 is paid for I'll have one myself. I think that 3 Cobra's would just look way cooler than 3 modern convertibles or the standard Corvette or Mustang. If you don't know were Antelope is we are just to the southwest of Roseville. We only need 3 as only the 3 senior princesses get to ride around the track. I supplied the cars last year and 1 has been sold and another is unavailable so I decided to see if you guys could help me out. If you guys wanted to do a club run to the game and bring more I bet I could get the school to allow all to circle track. The game starts at 7pm and they want the cars there by 7:45pm. I can also get each car and passenger in watch game if wanted. As I run the Local Les Schwab Tire Center here in Antelope I also will give the first 3 cars to contact me a gift certificate for a free Alignment each as a thank you. Sorry about the short notice.

Steve A
Les Schwab Tire Center
Antelope Ca.
916-729-1339
Old 10-22-2010, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm on the other side of the country otherwise I would gladly offer my Cobra. This thread brings back memories of my nephew that graduated from High School in Scottsdale, AZ. I live in New Hampshire. I was building a 540 hp Lister inspired car when he asked me if he could drive it. I told him that if he was the top student in his senior class that he could have it for the prom. He achieved that goal and I shipped the car there and back so that he could have it for a week. I made his dad follow him in the family Van!
Old 10-22-2010, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow, what a great uncle, thanks for the offer but I completely understand.

Steve
Old 10-22-2010, 08:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2769 Roush 427R Dart Block
Not Ranked     

I will volunteer ours. Just a note....are you going to have someone help them out because of the side pipes. They would probably need to guys to help them stand up and out of the car because of the dress. Email me at wanab5150@comcast.net. and i will give you my number.

Another note...I had your newest front end guy Dave do a 4 wheel alignment on this car at the Roseville shop on 9-17. I kinda checked him out before I actually took the car and he already had both the street and track specs in the computer which matched the specs I had. He knows his stuff! tom

Last edited by wanab5150; 10-22-2010 at 08:54 PM..
Old 10-22-2010, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

Great looking car Tom.....

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-22-2010, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

sorry...double post.

Last edited by wanab5150; 10-22-2010 at 08:54 PM..
Old 10-23-2010, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the reply Tom, Yea I think I got the better end of the deal getting Dave, he is very good at what he does. And I already planned to have myself there at drop off point to remind and help them. Thanks a bunch, on a side note your car is the one car on here that I always come back to because of the color. Your Red is awesome, the only difference is I want Black stripes. I'll email you later.

Thanks
Steve
Old 10-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Heads Up: Sidepipes on any Cobra with a decent volume of air coming out "on a high schook track" based on dirt-clay and pea gravel will make for another interesting challenge of DUST.

Perhaps you could find a few mild mannered Cobras with the sipepipes tilted upward a tad if keeping those student suits and dresses dirt free is a concern for anyone.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Our track is the new hi tech rubber crumb mix. Very soft and no dust at all, Had a Cobra and a Healy on it last year with no problems. Schools only request is no turning the wheel with out moving forward at the same time. But there is no dust issues at all, this facility is only 3 years old. This is our first senior class and I think these cars are the best at giving a WOW factor to any event.

Steve
Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Guys, It looks like it will probably be raining so it will be a no go if it is. The school said that if the track is wet they won't allow the floats or cars on the track. But I still need to be prepared just in case the rains hold off till Saturday. Is there any one that could be free for about 2 hours friday night from 8 till about 930 or 10pm with 1 more car. I have backup cars available but they are not Cobra's. Thanks Tom and Steve H. for volunteering already. Also remember if you bring your car my shop will give you a free alignment certificate for helping
Old 10-29-2010, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As per our conversation I will be there at 8pm with the cobra weather permiting

Last edited by wanab5150; 10-29-2010 at 06:42 PM..
Old 10-30-2010, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Guys, I just wanted to publicly thank Tom(wanab5150) and Steve H. for bringing their cars last night. It started 2 mist on us about 5 minutes before halftime and I know how I am with my Model T about water and Both guys were great about it. The kids loved the cars and all involved were very impressed with each of the cars. Steve brought both of his cars a V8 powered Healy Replica and A Cobra, both Black and very awesome looking and looked great under the lights. And for those of you who haven't seen Tom's car in person WOW WOW WOW the avatar picture does not do it justice. My Senior Son said that is the color for his build someday. I already have been asked to supply cars for next year. I told them to pick one of the earlier home games instead of the last game so that we will have good weather. Also if your wandering we won 52-7 and clinched our first playoff spot. We play Whitney High next Friday for league champions in our first year with Seniors. Again Thank You to Tom and Steve

Steve
Old 10-30-2010, 08:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'll post pictures if I can find someone to email them to me.

Steve
Old 10-30-2010, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the invite, it was very cool and I'm sure the kids got a kick out of the cars. I can see why you weren't concerned with the casual dress. I wasn't aware there was a formal later in the year.

The other cars were awesome so it was like a car show with three cars and 1000 spectators. Can't wait for some pictures.

I'll see you at the shop, and if you do the same thing next year I'll round up some guys with a couple of weeks notice. I know a lot of community oriented Cobra guys that would love to help out. And, again, I apologize for the lack of volunteers from NorCal.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Tom, I have already been asked to get cars for next year, I am going to start working on it now. Thanks again for coming and what a nice suprise to show up at my store the other day and have a picture on my desk of your car from your profile. I'm going this week to get frames for it and the other two "Cobra" pictures I'm hanging in my office. My 18 year old is working on getting me some pictures from last Friday to post. Also on a update our football team beat Whitney High of Rocklin last night 28-19 to be League Champions in our first year with Seniors. Both Teams went in to the game undefeated in league.

Steve
Old 11-09-2010, 09:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Steve, maybe I'll see you Wednesday.