14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Need Daytona Coupe for 2011 Sacramento Autorama (Feb 11-13)

To: NorCal / Central Valley area members...

We are urgently looking for a vintage style Daytona Coupe replica to join an upcoming Western States Cobra Group display on February 11-13th at the Sacramento Autorama. Know anyone with the right car for this?

We have sort of a Cobra/Lemans series side-by-side display going on with a 289 slabside flat fender car, FIA Cobra, 427 SC, (missing Daytona), and GT40 in the group for a nice five car lineup. Should be cool, will be taking some nice photos of it. We'll only be doing this once. Since we entered some other type cars last year, and it went well, I was able to make a nice arrangement for the group with the promoter for 2011.

Situation (Gap to Fill):

One of the guys with a Daytona Coupe display let us know last night (8th inning of the ball game) that his Daytona is not going to make it to the Sacramento Autorama. He sold his car unexpectantly all the sudden, and its going to SoCal, now we need to find the right replacement quick!

Getting the word out:
I've put the word out through a few different channels, waiting to hear back on a few backfill replacements. Since nice vintage looking Daytonas are rare, not taking any chances waiting to ask around. Depending on how it goes, we may be looking for other contingency replacements as a backup plan. The building/show/layout group spot is already arranged and cleared through the event promotor. Now we need to find another nice vintage looking replica Daytona to fill the hole. For those who know these cars in our area, yes, I already put the word out to the Leshers, Ron G, and a few others down near the Bay area to see.

Arrangement:
If you don't know the scene at Autorama, the deal is its an indoor display indoor at Cal Explo like a SEMA or Roadster show, the cars get dropped off set up on display Thursday night and picked up Sunday evening. Thursday drop-off day is kind of fun and so is Saturday night. The group area and spot has been paid, the owner gets two passes for the weekend; send a PM if you have more details. We hope to find the right car/owner to participate in the WSCG group for this unique layout. To help out, I will cover the cost of the entry/display fee if we can get the right car to plug this unique spot in the group; just need to get the right Daytona there.

If all the cars make it and the display goes on as planned, many of us are meeting at 6pm Saturday night near the cars to do a quick sync up, hello, and pro group photos. Any CC members are invited to meet up there!

Last edited by decooney; 01-29-2011 at 12:07 AM..
Old 01-29-2011, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Check with DenBeste. They might be willing to bring their CSX9000 down for a little presence.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Found one, and a nice one too! Ryan & Richard stepped in and will be bringing the Lesher Motorsports Daytona Coupe, and a fine car I might add. This car might go up for sale soon too with another one in the works... PM me for details if interested. This car will at the 2011 Autorama for those who want to see it.

Thanks to all for emails and consideration; we got lucky in short time.

Last edited by decooney; 01-30-2011 at 12:10 PM..
Old 01-30-2011, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

Denbeste's 9000 is in LV right now, -- Check with Ron on this forum, he has a Shell Valley that is immaculate . -- My SPF Coupe is in build and will not make it.
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 01-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We're all set Steve. Got all five cars now, including Lesher's Daytona. Thanks anyhow. D

Just for fun, we are putting on a 5-car WSCG display of cars at the Autorama this year with a 289 slabside Cobra, FIA Cobra, 427SC Cobra, Daytona Coupe, GT40 all lined up side by side.

Last edited by decooney; 01-30-2011 at 07:54 PM..
Old 01-31-2011, 01:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

Groovy-- glad you are covered.
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com