Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadesters ltd, 302, T5
Not Ranked     
Default norcal august events looking forward

just wanted to start this thread, this way when things get posted I get notified daily, so i do not have to remember to come check the site.

looking forward to getting some seat time in on the cobra.

Ray
Old 08-06-2011, 09:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2769 Roush 427R Dart Block
Neutral     

If you wish to participate in weekend events, go to the Bay Area cobra club site. They post weekly breakfasts and events that ALL are welcome and invited to attend. They have many drives, breakfasts and events throughout the year and they are posted, like the up coming, Snakes to the Lake, a 3 day event, and many more which many of us here in the Sac. area now participate in. We had 30+ cars go to Santa Barbara in May, 30-35 go to Yosemite in June, A Cobra run up to the USS Hornet last month, and now Snakes. There are more already posted for late August and later in the year.
BACCEVENTS Home

Last edited by wanab5150; 08-11-2011 at 11:49 AM..
Old 08-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanab5150 View Post
Hray, Over the last year or so there have been many drives and events have occurred in the Sacramento area but you will never see them posted. Obviously if you and others were welcome, they would be posted here on Club Cobra and you would already have received an invitation. You can probably figure that out, as you've had 141 views and no responses. Most of the Norcal guys read all the posts so maybe someone would like to respond and explain why the group is so elite. The breakfasts are usually posted so you can go to them if you choose.

If you wish to participate in weekend events, go to the Bay Area cobra club site. They post weekly breakfasts and events that ALL are welcome and invited to attend. They have many drives, breakfasts and events throughout the year and they are posted, like the up coming, Snakes to the Lake, a 3 day event, and many more which many of us here in the Sac. area now participate in. We had 30+ cars go to Santa Barbara in May, 30-35 go to Yosemite in June, A Cobra run up to the USS Hornet last month, and now Snakes. There are more already posted for late August and later in the year.

If anyone has a comment, be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Tom,
You are completely off base, uninformed, and seem to just make stuff up for unknown reasons. As you and others well know, we don't have the type of cooler weather the Bay Area group does during the hottest months of the year here in Sacramento. For at least fifteen years standing in Sacramento, EVERY YEAR during the hottest 100 degree months of July and August, we hardly do any group drives. The last drive many of us went on was to Maurice's gathering. My car has been sitting ever since, just to give you an idea.

Also, you must remember, there are LOTS OF OTHER EVENTS GOING ON RIGHT NOW, Hot August Nights, Tow Auto Museum this weekend, Red Robin Weeklys, and other things people are doing with cars in our area. And, remember, people are on vacation in the summer too scattered all over the place - getting AWAY from the heat. Me included. I'm also aware there are people in smaller groups who do smaller runs on their own, a few cars here and there, and that is up to them but its not some kind of elite secret, as you frequently suggest online. Who cares, really? As far as I know, most if not all NorCal group drives are typically posted here.

If you are looking for a response, this is mine based on what I know and how it typically goes. Low stress and no drama. Let's try to keep it that way if at all possible.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last edited by wanab5150; 08-11-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Old 08-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I will concur that I am UNINFORMED, as more than 80% of Norcal is in the last several years. You could change the name to "The Eldorado Hills Cobra Club" and then it would all make sense. You are part of that smaller group! I seriously doubt anyone from Norcal will be at the Tow Museum this weekend, Red Robin is on Wednesdays, Hot August Nights is in the future and has nothing to do with HERE AND NOW! And...if the heat WAS a factor, the SMALLER groups WOULD NOT be taking ROAD TRIPS. This was not intended to be a S%$# slinging party and I presented only the facts. Quit trying to overshadow the truth with it.

Once again, uninformed. I'm not part of the El Dorado Hills group either, and who cares anyway. You asked, and I answered. Stop the DRAMA! Go drive your car, have fun.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last edited by wanab5150; 08-11-2011 at 11:46 AM..
Old 08-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Duane,
My initial comment was NOT addressed to you in the first place. It was to Hray, and information for those actually wanting a social outlet and info on how to find one. I think the Cobra community can figure out who is telling the truth! How about we drop it right here and let them make a decision on their own.

Sounds like a great idea.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadesters ltd, 302, T5
Not Ranked     

Thanks for heads up on event sources.

I get the cruising news, it lists most all the stuff for the general car scene.
Just in case anyone else is looking for general events.

I will be looking forward to the next local cruise with the cobra.

I get bored at the car shows, I would rather drive than sit and look.
Ray
Old 08-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hray View Post
Thanks for heads up on event sources. I get the cruising news, it lists most all the stuff for the general car scene. Just in case anyone else is looking for general events. I will be looking forward to the next local cruise with the cobra. I get bored at the car shows, I would rather drive than sit and look.
Ray

Ray,
Aside from our sporadic monthly NorCal breakfast meetups on 3rd Saturday of every month, be sure to post anything you see going on that you might want to attend, and others might want to join or meet you there... Some don't like to reply to the whole group on ClubCobra, but you might receive a private message (PM) from time to time.

Many times I see an email here or there on some last minute drives on a Sunday morning with 2-3 Cobras here or there, but we've not done many of the 20-30 car drives like we use to. Note: We use to do a lot more drives, however in the past few years consistency has cut down some for sure for a variety of reasons. Many in our group are doing different hobbies and other projects now so instead of meeting 12 times a year like we use to, we typically have larger meetups 3-4 times a year now; more quarterly than monthly is how I would characterize it. My intent is to try and explain where the "NorCal" group as a whole sits. As for smaller group get-togethers that come about last minute early on a Saturday or Sunday morning, these friends and their drives have little or nothing to do with NorCal Cobras as a whole. When it cools off, I'm hoping we can do some sort of a mid-October drive, and after some people get back from summer vacations, etc. I do have a place in mind, scoped it out yesterday. Take Care. I hope this helps a little more from what I see, or don't see. In any case, if its under 85 degrees, we all need to be out driving the Cobras when we can!

Last edited by decooney; 08-10-2011 at 05:26 PM..
Old 08-08-2011, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Old 08-08-2011, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP478
Not Ranked     

This is one of my favorites....

4th ANNUAL UNCORK THE COBRA RELEASE PARTY @ PERRY CREEK WINERY
September 17th 2011, 12:00-5:00 pm $25 per person ($20 Club Members)
Entrance to the event includes live music, lunch, commemorative cobra glass and 4 drink tickets.
Join us as we uncork the first bottles of our exclusive limited-edition 2009 Cobra Zin and Cobra Syrah. Drink a toast to the purest muscle car ever built! Enjoy some fantastic wine, great food and live music. There will be many Cobra cars and classic’s on hand to admire and you will have the chance to vote for your favorite.
RSVP by September 10th to events@perrycreek.com or 530-620-5175.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

HRay -

It is a matter of going to the events that ARE posted about and making friends - at which point you will be invited to one of the smaller get togethers - of course if you are a d*ck you probably won't make friends and won't get included in the other get togethers!

Like anywhere else in society, Cobra people hang out with people who share common interests and who are likeable.....

Pat
Old 08-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

I like you, Pat
Maurice
Old 08-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2008 Shelby GT500
Not Ranked     

Pat tells it like it is.

FIA Mike
Old 08-09-2011, 10:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Old 08-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
...Go back and read my post again rather than making wild accusations and excuses.

Tom,

I see you've gone back and edited your original post. How can NorCal members refer back to it since you have changed it?

Since your original post, you have removed some of the negative comments, such as Quote:"Most of the Norcal guys read all the posts so maybe someone would like to respond and explain why the group is so elite.", Unquote. Members are responding now explaining their view and position. Asking members to "read my post again" after you've edited the original post holds no water. What you wrote in your first post was inflammatory. Simply compare your now modified version to your oringal post quoted just below it as quoted. It seems when someone calls out a group in general, not knowing everyone, don't be surprised about the responses and kickback from the group members. I think you swatted a stick at a hornets nest and the here come the stingers.

Its easier to attract bees with honey than salt.

Last edited by decooney; 08-12-2011 at 10:18 PM..
Old 08-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2008 Shelby GT500
Not Ranked     

Tom,

Slimey very slimey. Maybe this is why you don't get invited?

FIA Mike
Old 08-10-2011, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Pat,
"of course if you are a d*ck you probably won't make friends and won't get included"........... Not sure how you mean that, but your name never showed up on at least 20 invitations that I had within the last several years. Does that make you a D**K because you were not invited? I don't think so.

I outlined a way for the people wanting to an option in my first comment. I don’t see the argument. What I see here are people that have been with Norcal for many years striking out because they don’t want change even if it’s to benefit the overall group.

Go back and read my post again rather than making wild accusations and excuses.
There you go making assumptions again.

You see, I am a dick.

You are correct, I am never invited to any of the smaller events either, but rather than whine and complain and excoriate those who didn't choose to invite me, I just figured it was because they decided to choose who they hang out with and it wasn't me. I do not see anything at all wrong with that. I also choose my own friends and happen to not invite many of the Cobra group to those things I choose to go to.

Do you see a word in there that seems to repeat?

Perhaps its time for you to reach the same conclusion I did?
Old 08-10-2011, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last edited by wanab5150; 08-11-2011 at 11:47 AM..
Old 08-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Deconney, I know you couldn't keep your mouth shut even when you say you want it to stop. Go ahead and add the question back into my original statement then and ANSWER it, since you want to make a big deal of it! As for the Wasps nest and stingers. With 24 years on the street as Police Officer with slime balls and name callers (like I being here) I realized early in my career that decent people don't have to defend themselves if they know they have done the right thing, but the idiots and slime will bring their own to their knees . Congrats!

Thanks for the follow up. You can still drop it but you won't.

You asked the original question targeted at this group. Plenty of answers have been provided. Case and point, over and out.

Last edited by decooney; 08-10-2011 at 05:07 PM..