28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Daytona Coupe CSX9126/427 Windsor
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up I'm a new guy..so...hello fellow Cobra nuts!

Relative to my handle, "Call me Snake". Glad to be here in the club. I'm currently Cobraless but that's about to improve. Have a Shelby Daytona Coupe set to arrive by rail any day now in Socal..Hillbank Motorsports, Irvine. Motor is ready for dyno then shipment to Voss Performance, Fullerton for the marriage with the car. Please see my album for a look at the car at final inspection prior to shipping from the factory. Had to make room for the new car so...sold my Superformance Mk III Just 3 months ago...the money helped too Anyway..13 months, so far, is a long wait for a car but I'm confident that once I have it in my sweaty palms it will have been worth the time. Plan to post some pics of the old roadster as well so I hope you stop by and check them out as well.
So, again, happy to be here and hope to be meeting many of you as time goes by. We are all fortunate to share something great..the love of these iconic cars. Best regards to everyone!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

So is yours an older Coupe or a new CSX9000 version? Either way you're going to love it.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's CSX9126 Tony and...I already love it just dying to get it, lol. Ordered last June, sold my roadster in March...I feel naked if you know what I mean. Like a Cowboy without his Peacemaker. Check out my pics of the car. Thanks for responding to my post.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
That is a beautiful car and you are going to really have a ball with it. Did you have air conditioning put in?

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 07-19-2013, 05:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Snake, great choice and it is beautiful. You will love your Coupe. Glad you are getting to enjoy your Coupe sooner rather than later. Of course with heat and air you have an all season hot rod.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 07-19-2013, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron-Thanks for the kind words. Yes, A/C is standard on these cars. Living in Elk Grove(Sacto) I couldn't imagine not having it. We've had 9 days or so over 100 already this summer, 100 again today and for the next several days so...heck, I'd fry driving my old roadster around here, lol. With the coupe I can go without a hat and survive quite well. It's going to be an altogether different experience in a closed car. As long as I can hear that V8 rumble I'm sure I'll be fine.

Clois-Exactly what I was alluding to with Ron. Very much looking forward to it. Thanks for the compliment too.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great car without even seeing it. When my wife told me she hated the Cobra, the choice was between a CSX9000 Coupe and the Ford GT. She couldn't get over the "cobra with a hard top" so it's a GT now, but I really liked the Coupe. Lance offered me an alloy car that was in progress but the original buyer backed out. It would have been an awesome car.

I hope you drive the snot out of it!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hmmnnn...wonder who wound up with the metal car? Funny you mention the wife...mine literally screamed "Stop!! and would grab my arm every time I added abrupt power to my old Mk III roadster, lol. At least in the coupe nobody will be able to hear her protests...I'll have her at my mercy. Poor girl. Love the GT, any, Ford factory, CAV cars, all of them. Still consider them among the best looking cars ever made. I also considered a GT but lack of storage, not for me mind you, was a real downside for us. Though a nicely done Daytona isn't in the low price category, it was less than the GT's I looked at and we can take a few more hops to Maui, for example, on the difference. In fact, for the foreseeable future, the CSX Daytona is quite a bit more rare, as well. I'm still jealous of your GT ownership regardless of what factors drove our decision...metal Daytona, yes, cool, but, you have one awesome car in the GT Tony. I think they're bad in the nicest of ways.

Happy motoring'
Snake
Old 07-20-2013, 03:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Pliskin,

You have it cool there. It has been in the 105/117 range here with humidity for the past few weeks with a four day break of cold weather when it got down into the 90s. When I worked for the labs I spent a lot of time in Sacramento and also used to come down to the big yearly MOPAR show they have. I am kind of looking forward to getting my Coupe back as the 69 Cobra is just to hot for driving now.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
Ron-Thanks for the kind words. Yes, A/C is standard on these cars. Living in Elk Grove(Sacto) I couldn't imagine not having it. We've had 9 days or so over 100 already this summer, 100 again today and for the next several days so...heck, I'd fry driving my old roadster around here, lol. With the coupe I can go without a hat and survive quite well. It's going to be an altogether different experience in a closed car. As long as I can hear that V8 rumble I'm sure I'll be fine.

Clois-Exactly what I was alluding to with Ron. Very much looking forward to it. Thanks for the compliment too.

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 07-20-2013, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Love the color of your Coupe. We had a CSX9000 at the Texas meet last April in San Marcos and it was a beauty. What engine are you going with? I know what you mean about wife and Cobra as mine won't even ride in mine any more and Texas heat keeps it in the garage mostly through the summer months. I also have been thinking about a GT40 but starting to like these CSX9000 coupes. Keep us updated as it comes together...
Old 07-22-2013, 12:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron-After hearing that I promise not to complain about the heat in Elk Grove any more. My reference weather wise is a comparison to growing up and living for many years on the peninsula, south of S.F. Much cooler there as I'm sure you know. 100+ for several days running will always be hot to me. But, yes, glad the coupe has air as I intend to use it.

Gary-The color is Navy and among the standard choices. I'm told it has a bit of flake in it so calling it metallic would seem to make sense though Navy is their listed title for it. Of course the stripes and half-cove are black. I have always loved the look of the GT40's and consider them among the best looking cars ever made. I was a teenager and coming from a "Fords only" family, the racing exploits of the Cobras, GT40 Mk I and Mk II's, dominance of Nascar and Fairlane Thunderbolts ruling the 1/4 mile it was the glory days for Ford Racing and the stuff of legend. I suppose that experience still drives my taste in cars, thus my former car, a Superformance Mk III, recently sold, and the new Daytona stand in evidence of this. I too considered a Ford GT, the '05-'06 factory cars, before deciding the 9000 series car better suited my needs. One main factor was the virtual lack of any storage in the GT. The Daytona can't be considered cheap by any stretch but compared to a nice, low miles GT at 200k, it seems a bargain.
I will definitely keep updating my photos. Hillbank called Fri. past and said the container with my Coupe and three other Cobras is scheduled for delivery there tomorrow morning at 11:00 and I'm promised pictures of that event. I've been pressuring them for photos throughout the process as I am assembling a records "book" on the car that will eventually contain the car's entire history. As Jay Leno has said "I don't "own" the car, I'm just maintaining it for the next guy".
Old 07-22-2013, 01:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary-Almost forgot....9000 series cars only accept a Windsor based motor. This car will get a 427 inch stroker. Motor is sporting all the proper, quality performance parts..Dart 4 bolt mains iron block, AFR aluminum heads, Scat rotating assy., Comp Cams roller valve train, Air gap Edelbrock, Holley HP Ultra 850, Pro billet MSD, Aviaid road race pan, etc. Engine is done just awaiting dyno time and we are expecting around 575 horses. Cheers.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hmmnnn...wonder who wound up with the metal car? Funny you mention the wife...mine literally screamed "Stop!! and would grab my arm every time I added abrupt power to my old Mk III roadster, lol. At least in the coupe nobody will be able to hear her protests...I'll have her at my mercy. Poor girl. Love the GT, any, Ford factory, CAV cars, all of them. Still consider them among the best looking cars ever made. I also considered a GT but lack of storage, not for me mind you, was a real downside for us. Though a nicely done Daytona isn't in the low price category, it was less than the GT's I looked at and we can take a few more hops to Maui, for example, on the difference. In fact, for the foreseeable future, the CSX Daytona is quite a bit more rare, as well. I'm still jealous of your GT ownership regardless of what factors drove our decision...metal Daytona, yes, cool, but, you have one awesome car in the GT Tony. I think they're bad in the nicest of ways.

Happy motoring'
Snake
I don't know who got it. It would have to be among the rarest of the CSX9000/HiTech built cars though. I believe that for the CSX9000 cars the alloy cars only come from HiTech and are completely hand built. Now that Kirkham has their own coupe that could change.

When I was looking my Heritage GT was almost exactly the same price as alloy Coupe, that's what made it so interest.

Regarding the awesome car, I'll state that I have an average Heritage car made to look excellent due to the photography (which I did )

Happy motoring to you too. Give us a progress report after 1000 miles. It will take some time to get it sorted out so don't get frustrated. You had a roadster so you know the process.

Enjoy it. And please drive it!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hillbank wants to put a Roush 427 in them. Todd Andrews worked for Roush before he went to Superformance/HiTech/Hillbank to do the Corevette replica and when I was looking really pushed the 427IR (Fuel Injected) but he also recalled my experience with that beast (if you got it, you're OK at sea level, and maybe even at altitude with the new DFI controller they use). I was a little more old school and confirmed with Lance/Todd that the car I was looking at could accept a classic 289 HiPo and that the engine front could be reconfigured to take both the A/C compressor and a Paxton Supercharger. That would have been plenty for me. While not original (with the Paxton) it would have been close and the S/C could always have been taken off if someone wanted a more original recreation.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tony-I will definitely report anything of interest or concern/frustration as my Coupe is completed and has it's initial forays onto local Calif. roadways. In fact it may be a good idea to start a "new build" post/thread for others to follow. I'll call it "New build, Daytona CSX9126".

I do intend to drive it and often.

Per your "average" comment, my good man, it is a Ford GT is it not? My jealousy stands.

I stayed with single carburation by choice rather than going with a fancy 8 stack setup, Webers or what have you. I tend to like simplicity and a big Holley satisfies all the needs I can foresee in the operation and enjoyment of the car. Perhaps my "old school" approach would not satisfy everyone, however, I made certain the motor this Coupe will house is of the highest build standard, assembled by one of the best engine men around these parts.
I'm gonna have a great time with this car...guaranteed.

Got some fresh out of the container(this a.m.) photos from Hillbank today and will upload.

Stay tuned.....
Old 07-22-2013, 11:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 289 kit, Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     

Pliskin
I live in Elk Grove also. A few years back I almost bought mkiii 2944...signed the papers and everything. ..then I had unforseen financial issues. Now i have a Roush 427SR sitting on a stand in my garage. Someday soon ill put it in a car.
I will be watching out for a brand new SPF Daytona in Elk Grove.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 289 kit, Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     

Just saw your album of CSX9126. Thats gonna be a sweet car. Will be following your build thread. Hope to see the car here in Elk Grove.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:

I stayed with single carburation by choice rather than going with a fancy 8 stack setup, Webers or what have you. I tend to like simplicity and a big Holley satisfies all the needs I can foresee in the operation and enjoyment of the car. Perhaps my "old school" approach would not satisfy everyone...
Good for you. Smart and easy.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#520, Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     

I have my CSX4000 at Voss Performance for clutch hydraulic issues. Eric is an experienced installer among other things. He is also a Roush Certified Warranty shop. When my factory heads went south he was crucial in convincing the engineering and warranty guys that we did not have to crate the engine back to MI. He is respected by them, and their agreeing ( after seeing evidence ) to ship Voss a set of new heads under warrant was a time and money saver. No issue with new heads and Eric's installation. I believe the pro wrenchers do not get enough positive input. Your Daytona is going to be a blast. We have had runs with the Bay Area Cobra folks and hope you will look them up. They have a web site..........Cheers
Old 07-25-2013, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

csx4017-How's Hermosa these days, I spent a crazy month or so there way back in 1970...the stories and events were legendary, lol. Do they still call the area down by the beach "the strand"? There was a place there called Pio's back then that served a sandwich called a Ham Grinder...awesome! Good memories.
I have every confidence in Erick, he comes highly regarded from several entities who should know. We've spoken and e-mailed several times now per the Daytona and I can't wait to get him started on the completion. Thanks for the endorsement of his skills.
Best to ya,
Snake Pliskin