19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2015, 11:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra n Vettes, 1966 Cobray C-3 running gear, 355 SBC TH-400
Not Ranked     
Default Newbie to the Forum

Hey Gang,

Not sure how or if I'd fit into this group - I have a Cobra-esq kit car that I just picked up - It's a Cobra 'stylized' body on a C-3 corvette running gear - 355 SBC with TH-400 auto tranny - The kit was developed by David Classic who started a company 'Cobras n Vettes' - Cobray C3 (no longer in business) I know, not the normal replica and I'm sure I'd get alot of crap from the 'purest', but I don't fit in a FFR car or most of the others out there.....so with that said - what's the NorCal Cobras all about?????

Thanks - look forward to the welcomes or bashings LOL!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2015, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII
Not Ranked     

Welcome. I don't see anyone giving you grief. I have been a member for a while now and although I don't attend as many outings as I like, I find everyone quite friendly and nice. Very helpful too! (thanks again Rob for that help with the fuel pump last year!) You should check out a cars and coffee on a Saturday am. a lot of the guys show up but the third Friday is very Cobra heavy.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 427SO
Not Ranked     

The Nor Cal group is about as informal and laid back as you can get and a great bunch of guys, so I'm sure you'd be more than welcome. Typically the group meets at the Cars & Coffee event (NE corner of Hwy 50 & E. Bidwell Street in Folsom) on the third Saturday of the month. Mostly we just kick tires and tell lies for about an hour and then go somewhere for breakfast.

Come on out.

Ted
Old 08-26-2015, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique Collectable, Chevy BB
Not Ranked     

Where are you located? I saw a white one last month with C3 running gear in Chester, Ca. bob
Old 08-26-2015, 09:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

Mo,
See you Sat at Cars and Coffee
Maurice
Old 08-26-2015, 12:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra n Vettes, 1966 Cobray C-3 running gear, 355 SBC TH-400
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks!

Thanks! That's GREAT to hear - I live in East Roseville so I'm definitely looking forward to checking out the group, as well as the next Cars n Coffee events!!
Old 08-28-2015, 08:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 302EFI, Supercharged
Not Ranked     

Welcome aboard and congratulation on being the new President on the Nor Cal Cobra's!

What have you planned for out next 3'rd Saturday?

Bxx1 likes this.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Welcome- always fun to meet new people. As stated, the Cobra Group has been going to Cars and Coffee on the 3rd Saturday of the month, although a few guys go more. Haven't heard a plan for September, but I will set up a run to Apple Hill for October. That run is fun and, with notice, we have always been able to get there a little early, park on the pavement for a little car show, have a nice time and leave when we want to. We had a great time last year. I will post a notice shortly after the Sept. Saturday.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default **Thanks!!

Thanks for the 'welcome'!! Looking forward to seeing ya'lls in a few weeks!!!
Old 09-02-2015, 10:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

NorCalLmo,

No worries. We've already had a few of the Corvette based chassis / Chevy powered replica Cobras come and go in the group over the past few decades. A few of the stretch Vette based King Cobras, and one guy was working on a Cobray and another guy showed up a few times with a VW based / VW powered project Cobra a while back. IF we had any kind of structure or rules (and we don't on purpose) the most we might say is to "run what ya brung and enjoy what you have"

Last edited by decooney; 09-03-2015 at 07:11 AM..
Old 09-03-2015, 02:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Congratulations on your Cobra and the NorCal Cobra group are a great bunch of people. They used to come up here to some of our events and were a great bunch to be around. You will find a lot of friends and help in that group.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-03-2015, 05:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

Welcome to a great forum with good guys and a ton of knowledge about all things cobra.

Please do not visit the thread 'how do you handle the questions?', it is a path to nowhere and is like Cindy Brady arguing about whose piggy tails are better, hers, Jan's or Marcia's.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WoW!!!!! Thanks again for the welcome gang!!!!! I appreciate the humor and the friendly comments - see you guys soon!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2015, 09:10 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Newbie part 2. I'm new to the group as well, live in Camino been finishing the final touches on my build and ready to join the group. Can't wait to connect.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

A bit late, but welcome to both of you. "Laid back" is an understatement.... most of the time you have to wake a few of us up! No rules, no dues, just a good time BS'ing and driving.

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 09-21-2015, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well it was a BEAUTIFUL day and fun to see all the cars - but I didn't see any of the owners!?! - we showed up late and couldn't stay long - the cobras were there but no one was around, I must have missed the group! (or scared them away) LOL!!!!!! Anyway - would love to connect with you guys if/when there is a scheduled run somewhere -
Thanks again!
Old 09-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

NorcalLmo,

Sorry I missed you Sat., I left just before 10:00 am.

Most guys get there by 8-8:30 and park , then walk around bsing.

What color is your car? Mine is the one that has no paint.

I counted between 12 and 15 Cobras ,but there were no official plans for breakfast this month.
See you next Saturday
Maurice
Old 09-21-2015, 12:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

We don't spend too much time hanging around our own cars, usually looking at other cars or just walking around catching up with friends.

If you get there a little before 8am you can watch each Cobra and driver roll in and you get to hear it which is the best part!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     

I usually just show up to drool on Maurice's car.

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"
Old 09-23-2015, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hahahaha! I know right?!!!!! I think I left a little drool on Maurice's car - that thing is VERY COOL!!!!!!!!

I kinda' figured that most owners were walking around and I didn't feel comfortable asking EVERYONE I saw "do you own a Cobra"? LOL!!!! I'll need to get my but* out there earlier to see and hear you guys roll up!

Just a suggestion for a run - Wonder if anyone is interested in running up to Camp Richardson on October 3 - They have a Salmon Festival at Taylor Creek and pretty darn good Calamari and Rum Runners at the Beacon! Should be a fun little drive....